• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 18 |OT| It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

Paul has the game figured out

As long as his little alliance constantly wins HOH, they are golden.

After 18 seasons the game has finally been figured out.

TheYanger

I would get so tired of living with james, but holy shit watching his antics doesn't get old to me. Replaced Natalie's cream with fucking mayonaise and she didn't notice until Bronte was putting it on lol.

UberTag

It shouldn't even be a blindside. It should, frankly, be obvious.

*Sigh*

This is making me "appreciate" BB15 Andy more and more each season.
Andy was clearly an oversight on Robyn's part. She mistakenly cast someone with functioning brain cells and some semblance of self-awareness.
Ditto for Derrick.

Seems like James intends to throw HOH next week so the house can collectively target Victor.

Jasper

Looks like Paul is a lot smarter than he's trying to come across in the house...

Rr_D9i.jpg

Paul is a political science and philosophy graduate from Pepperdine University (and a member of the honors society), and has been playing competitive chess since childhood (he's actually also a chess instructor for one of California's leading chess schools).

beasty

That constant unwarranted shit talking from Michelle, Da'Vonne, Paulie, Corey, Tiffany, and Zakiya about some of the players is getting old real fast.

cory64

Looks like Paul is a lot smarter than he's trying to come across in the house...

Rr_D9i.jpg

Paul is a political science and philosophy graduate from Pepperdine University (and a member of the honors society), and has been playing competitive chess since childhood (he's actually also a chess instructor for one of California's leading chess schools).

And he's also an insufferable twat

Holmes

That constant unwarranted shit talking from Michelle, Da'Vonne, Paulie, Corey, Tiffany, and Zakiya about some of the players is getting old real fast.
That's Da'vonne's shtick. She thinks she's such hot shit and she runs things, but the moment she's in any danger, she'll roll over and die.

Vets suck this year. Bleh. Some of the newbies too. But whatever, if Da'vonne isn't evicted in week 3 (which would be an improvement from her previous season standing!), Grodner will probably rig it for her to make it to the end and have 30 DRs per episode.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Zakiyah used the phrase "chinky eyes" when putting on makeup. 3:04pm Cam 3.

Also these people will not stop fucking talking about their bodies.

Nicole and Dae already regret letting Tiffany be a part of their sub-alliance. She doesn't seem to have anyone really close to her in the house - people either detest her, or generally don't have any interest in her. She's not showing music character as a player, either. I could see her leaving during the first double-eviction, if not sooner.

UberTag

Nicole and Dae already regret letting Tiffany be a part of their sub-alliance. She doesn't seem to have anyone really close to her in the house - people either detest her, or generally don't have any interest in her. She's not showing music character as a player, either. I could see her leaving during the first double-eviction, if not sooner.
Playing scared or like a poor imitation of your sister instead of finding your own place in the game and building genuine relationships won't get her anywhere. That said, Nicole and Day are also doing their fair share of projecting onto Tiff to justify their own perpetual unease and paranoia. It's not like they're good BB players or anything.

TheYanger

Paul and Jozea going off in the hot tub about how proud they are that they only watched one season and paul saying he didn't even want to do that, because you can't learn anything about this game from watching....

I cannot WAIT for these fucking tools to be gone.

lenovox1

Paul and Jozea going off in the hot tub about how proud they are that they only watched one season and paul saying he didn't even want to do that, because you can't learn anything about this game from watching....

I very highly doubt that they truly watched last season while they were in sequester.

All the boys are recruits this season, too, aren't they? And with the exception of Paulie, Frank, and James, none of them have any working knowledge of the basic rules of the show, right?

I mean, I'm all for pretty boys, but... Oh, well, it's nice to have a female dominated house for a change, and this time it's with a group of women that largely don't want to kill each other.

TheYanger

I very highly doubt that they truly watched last season while they were in sequester.

All the boys are recruits this season, too, aren't they? And with the exception of Paulie, Frank, and James, none of them have any working knowledge of the basic rules of the show, right?

I mean, I'm all for pretty boys, but... Oh, well, it's nice to have a female dominated house for a change, and this time it's with a group of women that largely don't want to kill each other.

If Jozea did he is literally dumb as fuck, because he still doesn't know what 90% of the shit means. Paul I believe did but he was pushing even moreso that it's worthless and not useful to learn anything from past seasons. Either way it's just such hubris, I can't wait to see it wiped off. Also he's trying to poison James to Natalie and that bums me out. They're the best couple :p

Bridgette has turned into a huge bitch, Paul is a snakey asshole (not remotely as 'fun loving' as he fronts in front of large groups, all he does is act dismissive and rude about everyone), and Jozea is an idiot. Great recruits guys.

EDIT: Jozea: "This is big brother, you never know when it's going to be your last days in the game. YOU NEVER KNOW" - talking about paulie. The first wise thing he's ever said and he won't even be able to appreciate it :)

That would explain why Paul didn't know nominees were allowed to say eviction speeches the other day. Paulie was talking about making his, and Paul was stunned that it was allowed.

Which was confusing because, 1. you should know that from even watching a single season (or even one week) of the show, and 2. they just finished the POV ceremony, where speeches were delivered. Like someone said earlier in this thread, I think Paul is really trying to play down any kind of intelligence he has. That, or he's living in his own little bubble right now.

TheYanger

That would explain why Paul didn't know nominees were allowed to say eviction speeches the other day. Paulie was talking about making his, and Paul was stunned that it was allowed.

Which was confusing because, 1. you should know that from even watching a single season (or even one week) of the show, and 2. they just finished the POV ceremony, where speeches were delivered. Like someone said earlier in this thread, I think Paul is really trying to play down any kind of intelligence he has. That, or he's living in his own little bubble right now.

He's not stupid, but his hubris is off the charts. It makes him do stupid shit and have no sense whatsoever of how he's perceived by others. Maybe he is stupid :p

jwluther

Frank and Day are floating the idea of telling Paul that Jozea is going to go home. They're going to ruin the greatest blindside ever.

Apparently I was subscribed to the wrong BB18 thread...

Edit: I think this cast is severely lacking in actual competitive gameplay but outside of Bronte and Paulie these people aren't entirely annoying me every time I see them. So this season is a big plus so far over the last season or two.

UberTag

Frank and Day are floating the idea of telling Paul that Jozea is going to go home. They're going to ruin the greatest blindside ever.
Blindsides always get ruined. Either by the DR or by houseguests looking to cultivate long-term game relationships with the allies that will be left behind.
The last really good blindside I remember was the JP elimination in BBCAN 3... and that had the benefit of being a narrow vote and not "the entire house is against this deluded fool".

jwluther

Blindsides always get ruined. Either by the DR or by houseguests looking to cultivate long-term game relationships with the allies that will be left behind.

Yeah, I'd almost bet that production planted the idea of Frank telling Paul. He was super on board with the blindside until just recently.

My dream scenario is that the blindside goes forward as planned, and Paul gets so angry that he punches Frank or someone. Losing Jozea and Paul in the same week would be perfection.

The Shane blindside in BB14 was pretty good, but that was toward the end of the game.

Remember the fucking ridiculous tales Danielle used to tell. AND THE SMILE GIF

giphy.gif

But yeah I was a Dani fan, in fact I really liked just about everyone from that season in some form. Minus Frank , Boogie and Ian. I'm liking Frank more this time around so far.

In this season's news it seems Bronte and Bridgette are having a little freak out over votes, mostly Bronte though. Bronte grilling Paulie now too

jwluther

I just don't get how people like Jozea and Paul get on the show. Are there not enough people who know the game and actually want to be there? Why recruit people who are complete idiots?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I just don't get how people like Jozea and Paul get on the show. Are there not enough people who know the game and actually want to be there? Why recruit people who are complete idiots?

I mean we are talking about them.

Also Nicole hit Frank in the balls. Girl has a thing for nut shots.

I think it's more of they wanted to make these vets look good, cause let's be honest this group of vets isn't exactly the smartest group. lol

jwluther

Day is telling Tiffany that James doesn't trust her, so now we get to see Tiffany crying for the next 24 hours straight. Yay.

jwluther

Bronte is talking to Bridgette and Natalie about voting to evict Jozea to gain the trust of the vets. This may be a wider vote margin than expected.

Edit: I might have misheard that. She was talking some reverse psychology type shit.

jwluther

The feeds are insane right now. Natalie is upset because Victor said something about her pant legs, and Bronte is working as hard as she can to stir up drama.

Victor just said: "I want to take this pool cue and break it over James' head."

They're blowing up.

Edit: Paul called James a "little Korean man."

beasty

Jozea leaving week 1 may be a blessing in disguise for him. He may be the biggest idiot to ever compete on this show. I think a couple more weeks of him on the feeds will do some Aaryn levels of damage.

TheYanger

The feeds are insane right now. Natalie is upset because Victor said something about her pant legs, and Bronte is working as hard as she can to stir up drama.

Victor just said: "I want to take this pool cue and break it over James' head."

They're blowing up.

Edit: Paul called James a "little Korean man."

Man, now you got my ass out of bed watching this shit, I thought they were done for the night basically -_-

The newbies blowing themselves up is unfortunate. I want them to feel completely confident when Jozea goes, purely for the lulz.

Also, Jozea might be the biggest idiot, but Paul is the most offensive by far. Actually irritating and annoying to watch/listen to, and he thinks he's a super nice and awesome guy, it's some severe narcissism at work.

I hate them poisoning Nat against James too. I love their little flirty friendship. "HES NOT YOUR FRIEND HE PUT MAYO IN YOUR LOTION"...ok Paul, because friends are the ones that call each other idiots, not the ones that play harmless pranks on each other?

Jasper

Hahaha...this is gold!

I live for this kind of drama on Big Brother.

The newbies are what's going to make this season interesting (especially Paul and Bronte), not the fucking boring four veterans (and their four even more boring followers).

I actually don't even want Jozea to leave this week.

Edit: LOL, now the newbies are bitching about Michelle being a shitty nutritionist.

UberTag

Hahaha...this is gold!

I live for this kind of drama on Big Brother.

The newbies are what's going to make this season interesting (especially Paul and Bronte), not the fucking boring four veterans (and their four even more boring followers).

I actually don't even want Jozea to leave this week.

Edit: LOL, now the newbies are bitching about Michelle being a shitty nutritionist.
You've just jinxed the season. Now we're going to be stuck with the boring vets and their DR-groomed minions as the Final 8.

jwluther

My dream scenario is that the blindside goes forward as planned, and Paul gets so angry that he punches Frank or someone. Losing Jozea and Paul in the same week would be perfection.
Paul: “I will fucking punch people in the mouth if homeboy goes and get arrested & walk out in handcuffs!”

YES. My dream is going to come true.

UberTag

Paul: “I will fucking punch people in the mouth if homeboy goes and get arrested & walk out in handcuffs!”

YES. My dream is going to come true.
That's Grodner's dream too as it will afford her an extra opportunity to reset button a Frank eviction week or bring him back from jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom