• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 18 |OT| It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

She told Victor to trust Frank, and not Dae. I wonder if this could spark the annual bro alliance.
Would have happened even if Tiff didn't give Vic the fabled advice from Grodner to "trust Frank".
The girls will be down vs. the guys by a 5-6 deficit after this week after once having an 8-5 advantage.
Final 5 will probably be 4 guys and 1 girl.

Would have happened even if Tiff didn't give Vic the fabled advice from Grodner to "trust Frank".
The girls will be down vs. the guys by a 5-6 deficit after this week after once having an 8-5 advantage.
Final 5 will probably be 4 guys and 1 girl.
That's sounds about right. Zak and Nicole aren't helping the girls any with their showmances, nor is Bridgette with her strong allegiance to Frank.

UberTag

That's sounds about right. Zak and Nicole aren't helping the girls any with their showmances, nor is Michelle with her strong allegiance to Frank.
Will be interesting to see whether that final girl is Michelle, Nicole or Z.
It won't be Day, Nat or Bridgette.

My money is on Michelle.

UberTag

Welcome to every discussion about Big Brother on the internet.
It's worse this year because they brought Frank back along with some obvious twists designed solely to protect him and the other vets. Those guys even got to pre-game before entering the house (as did Paulie).

If this was just a regular newbie season without twists that Production couldn't clearly tamper with and influence, it wouldn't be nearly as bad. Not to mention that almost every player sucks at the game so there isn't even compelling Big Brother game strategy discussion to be had. Just "player x sucks more at the game than player y" and "how will Frank get protection this week" banter. Not to mention all of the insufferable showmances (outside of James & Natalie - Victor's return will put a damper on that one).

Even without the constant talk about production this season isn't very great. There's hardly any excitement to these episodes everyone is just so... unlikable...

cory64

As it is tradition. Every new season of Big Brother, BB fans everywhere turn into comic book guy from the Simpsons.

That being said: Worst. Season. Ever.

We're like 20 pages behind last season's thread and 50(!) pages behind BB15 and 16. It's objectively worse.

UberTag

We're like 20 pages behind last season's thread and 50(!) pages behind BB15 and 16. It's objectively worse.
Even with the recent bad seasons you could point to one thing as being a positive takeaway.

BB17 - Lousy winner but you had some memorable characters and the first 2-3 weeks of live feeds were some of the best ever.

BB16 - We had to endure Frankie and Battle of the Block but Derrick pulled off a modern Big Brother clinic in terms of how every facet of the game should be played.

BB15 - Toxic house dynamic but genuinely unpredictable the entire way through, Amanda was an iconic BB villain and Andy played a respectable rat game that no one before or since has come close to matching.

BB14 - Actually, this was a pretty damn great season - reset button notwithstanding. Dan's funeral, Ian's late-game comp run, Britney's one-liners, Danielle's reactions. All pretty great.

BB13 - Great feeds, awful shows.

BB12 - Awful feeds, great shows.

This year, though... I'm not sure there's going to be a silver lining at the end of this mess. We've still got two months to go so we'll see. But it's not off to a promising start.

UberTag

Seems likely that Bridgette will be evicted next Thursday unless she finds herself removed with the veto this week.
Doesn't matter whether she stays up there with Frank, Victor or anyone else. She'll be gone.

These noms don't exactly help James' game one iota. Or Day for that matter (unless she's able to steer the vote and get Frank out - which I doubt).
Seems like he made "house noms" which, in truth, means Paulie's noms.

Perhaps history will repeat itself, and Frank will once again leave after the Otev POV. Doubt it - but wouldn't it be nice?

Anyway, I won't miss Bridgette.

UberTag

Welp, gonna need Grodner to pull through and give Frank a coup d'etat. Or maybe just cancel the eviction like they did in 14.
No coup d'etat needed for Frank just yet. They'll save their secret room powers for him when he needs a saving throw in the next three weeks.

Bridgette will be the final pre-jury sacrifice. You can pretty much check out for the rest of the week now that Michelle has won veto.

jwluther

No coup d'etat needed for Frank just yet. They'll save their secret room powers for him when he needs a saving throw in the next three weeks.

Bridgette will be the final pre-jury sacrifice. You can pretty much check out for the rest of the week now that Michelle has won veto.

Seems like Frank is more likely to go home as of now, with the HGs thinking Bridgette will be lost without him. He could pull some Dan funeral shit or something, I guess.

tumblr_oat3jlDJlt1ulb8q7o1_540.png
y'all know what's gonna happen

UberTag

y'all know what's gonna happen
Of course. That's why I've said Bridgette's goose is already cooked. Doesn't matter what the house consensus is right now. Hell, they want the house to be against Frank and for him to be panicking to get good TV for Wednesday and Thursday night and get footage for his planned "underdog edit".

His planned nominees when he wins HOH are Da'Vonne and James as of right now. Because those two are clearly running the house and not Paulie's army of bros and Nicorey.

beasty

I dont understand anyone who can like Michelle and hate Frank. They're both awful.

Paulie is about Frank himself too. Meaning he is in a very good position but his ego wont let him STFU.

I'm not happy with James here. He said he would not put up Bridgette and he did.

I'm big on keeping your word especially when it's said in front of everybody.

So is Frank supposed to be a good gameplayer or something? Because he was in a really, really good position early on until he decided to run his mouth about the 8-pack like a dumbass and paint a huge target on his back.

It's bullshit. You have the numbers in your alliance to vote out whomever you want. They could have put up the dead weight of Paul, Z, Michelle and no one would've been pissed because you still have the numbers. It's a perfect week for a pawn. Your only concern would be Bridgette winning and taking down frank. The odds are in your favor. Keep your word because that's all you have.

I tend to forget things that happen in previous seasons.

So is Frank supposed to be a good gameplayer or something? Because he was in a really, really good position early on until he decided to run his mouth about the 8-pack like a dumbass and paint a huge target on his back.

He is good in competitions, but his social game needs work. Some players are physical, some are mental, and rarely some are both.

Kifimbo

It's bullshit. You have the numbers in your alliance to vote out whomever you want. They could have put up the dead weight of Paul, Z, Michelle and no one would've been pissed because you still have the numbers. It's a perfect week for a pawn. Your only concern would be Bridgette winning and taking down frank. The odds are in your favor. Keep your word because that's all you have.

Yeah, the probability of Bridgette 1) Being picked for the Veto, 2) And winning the Veto was low. It wasn't worth putting her up.

This is fake? There is no text showing it is a retweet or anything. Not on her feed either.
Twitter shows the stuff you give a Like to under "Likes" on someone's twitter. Plus, it's not on her likes anymore after the tag #GrodnerExposedParty was started by Michelle's sister last night lol.
He is good in competitions, but his social game needs work. Some players are physical, some are mental, and rarely some are both.
True true, but I saw people hyping him up so I thought he was up there.

Ovid

He's good at comps but his social game is really poor.

NYR

Twitter shows the stuff you give a Like to under "Likes" on someone's twitter. Plus, it's not on her likes anymore after the tag #GrodnerExposedParty was started by Michelle's sister last night lol.

True true, but I saw people hyping him up so I thought he was up there.

Ah snap! I see that now, sorry, don't use twitter anymore, haven't tweeted in 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom