• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 18 |OT| It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Frank looking at random objects in the house lmao. Productiob tipped him off probably
Really sad if they pulled the trigger on leaking news of the hidden room to Frank so early. They should have at least made an effort to swing Michelle to use the veto or to swing the house to vote off Bridgette... both of which shouldn't require a herculean amount of effort to accomplish.

llehuty

lmao, this season is such a mess. Not even the editors give a damn. On yesterday's ep, they put a clip of the houseguest talking about the possibility of Victor coming back... before Julie told the news to the housguests and everyone acted so shocked... "Expect the unexpec... *yawn*"

And, to be honest, I don't even know why they do it. Why would you put "twists" and go out of your way to make them not a surprise to either the audience or the houseguests? What's the point? Wouldn't it have been better seeing the houseguest lose their shit when someone out of nowhere comes back? I get that some people can be suspecting it or something if nobody says anything, but damn, they must be telegraphing this shit in DR when they strategize with a twist that hasn't even been announced.

UberTag

This certainly turned into an eventful night in the BB house thanks to that 3am house meeting that Paulie commandeered against James' wishes to break the news to Frank that the veto wasn't getting used, the entire house had been stringing him along and are planning to vote Frank out.

Frank is now throwing Nicole under the bus to Day (they've patched things up), James is livid with Paulie and everyone's trying to win over Bridgette as a number.

NYR

lol, this season is a DISASTER. This is why you don't bring back mediocre players. Reap what you sew!

Velcro Fly

There is no one that has come further in his game as a person and as a game player than Paul. Every once in a while the old grouchy Paul comes out but dude is done like a complete 180 in the span of a month.

There is no one that has come further in his game as a person and as a game player than Paul. Every once in a while the old grouchy Paul comes out but dude is done like a complete 180 in the span of a month.

He's a lapdog. He's done nothing but play the loyal stooge. Name me one person who is aligned with him 100% other than maybe Victor.

He's a lapdog. He's done nothing but play the loyal stooge. Name me one person who is aligned with him 100% other than maybe Victor.
Who cares if they are 100% aligned - as long as they don't see him as a target, that's all he needs. Paul is exceeding all expectations I had for him pre-game. Not saying he's a genius player or anything, just that he's really been able to read the house and set a pace that has put him in a pretty good position within the house. Sometimes it's better to be the lapdog than the rug or the guy standing on the rug, especially early on in the game. That being said, I'm sure he has his tricks up his sleeve for when things start to get tighter and the big targets have finally self-destructed.

NYR

Boom! This right here, Paul is a coat tail rider, he hasn't made a single major move and was whisked away by the group as a "non-threat" since he was so bendable to their will.

NYR

I completely forgot about Big Brother this summer. Is it worth catching up on at all or has it been a boring summer thus far?

I would just find a summary blog and read it, then start watching as of this Wednesday. Nothing epic or historical...

UberTag

I've been secretly hoping we get a truly awful winner for this season.
Either Paulie (most likely) or Paul would qualify for this distinction.
I'm actually having a hard time envisioning a way for anyone else to win to be perfectly honest.

Would make for the 3rd consecutive awful BB winner in a row after Steve and the Paq Brothers.

No, he'd actually be the most deserving winner based on his gameplay.
It's just that he's a vile human being.

Given the choice between Paul and Paulie, I'll take Paul every time.

I don't see what's so vile about him. Besides that shitty psych out of Tiffany before a comp I think he's probably the most level headed in the game.

UberTag

There's a clue about the secret room on the TV screen in the living room. Naturally, Frank and Bridgette were the first to see it. The hunt begins!
Xf60sgN.gif

CoP2ikYVIAExfML.jpg

I don't see what's so vile about him. Besides that shitty psych out of Tiffany before a comp I think he's probably the most level headed in the game.
Somebody hasn't been watching the feeds.
Also, nobody level headed willingly makes their hair look like that.

NYR

lol, perfect for this season, the ultimate floater wins the special power.

(The power is he is locked in a room with Jesse while Frank's gets to figure out the clue and win the court d'Frank).

NYR

they willy wonka this shit lol

the room holds 12 envelopes and one of them has a ticket to where someone can come back into the game
Pffffht. lol, it didn't even matter who went in first, woooow. I bet they rushed in there and changed shit after Paul figured it out.

Pffffht. lol, it didn't even matter who went in first, woooow. I bet they rushed in there and changed shit after Paul figured it out.

well honestly it be easier just to have all the envelopes be duds and then production can just swap out whoever's card they want while all the house guests are doing a comp or voting

That is if you wanna think that way

Last I check on the feeds Michelle was the last one to get a card and Nicole was pissy at Corey since he didn't tell her the code and he doesn't understand why Nicole is mad lol

UberTag

Paul is just showing up everywhere to let the house know how clever he was solving that Paris riddle... even sharing it with the same people multiple times.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Paul is unbearable. He was being really shady after the whole Paris thing, not letting others enter the phone booth for like half an hour, until he decided to randomly pull the door down and crawl through. Then he made an attempt to pull the wool over everyone's eyes by lying about what was in the room, despite knowing that others would go in and read the card. Now he won't shut up about being the one to first discover the password. Just... please stop.

ameleco

Paul is unbearable. He was being really shady after the whole Paris thing, not letting others enter the phone booth for like half an hour, until he decided to randomly pull the door down and crawl through. Then he made an attempt to pull the wool over everyone's eyes by lying about what was in the room, despite knowing that others would go in and read the card. Now he won't shut up about being the one to first discover the password. Just... please stop.

Yeah I can't stand him at all. He is a great floater, though.

How is Paulie vile?
I can't speak for Uber, but personally I find Paulie to be rather obnoxious. Not only is he egotistical and completely self absorbed, but holds the mentality of women being inferior. He's all about that "putting bros first" nonsense, and I am sick of seeing people like that flourish in the BB house. Sure, he's talked with Corey about taking their showmances to the end, but we'll see how that works. I believe he only says that to Corey because he feels that he is strongly attached to Nicole (which is true) and wants to come across as an alley with the same mindframe. Moreover, Paulie seemingly dumps a lot of blame on Da'Vonne, which is infuriating. Then of course there's the whole thing about him being obsessed with the Hitmen. That new hairdo doesn't help any, either.

netguy503

I can't speak for Uber, but personally I find Paulie to be rather obnoxious. Not only is he egotistical and completely self absorbed, but holds the mentality of women being inferior. He's all about that "putting bros first" nonsense, and I am sick of seeing people like that flourish in the BB house. Sure, he's talked with Corey about taking their showmances to the end, but we'll see how that works. I believe he only says that to Corey because he feels that he is strongly attached to Nicole (which is true) and wants to come across as an alley with the same mindframe. Moreover, Paulie seemingly dumps a lot of blame on Da'Vonne, which is infuriating. Then of course there's the whole thing about him being obsessed with the Hitmen. That new hairdo doesn't help any, either.

So better or worse then Cody? And sure he puts women down. When you kiss your dad and brother on the lips, who else do you need?

UberTag

So better or worse then Cody? And sure he puts women down. When you kiss your dad and brother on the lips, who else do you need?
Paulie is what you would get if you took Cody added in Derrick's need to control everything and Frankie's aggressive gameplay of compulsive lying coupled with the need to put himself over and let everyone know how amazing he is at life. That, plus he's a chauvinist who discounts anything a woman tells him. Even Zakiyah's input is dismissed.

In truth look at the Women he's aligned with. None of them can win anything of importance. As far as Da'vonne she doesn't need any help in the Blame department. She a terrible player.

Paulie is what you would get if you took Cody added in Derrick's need to control everything and Frankie's aggressive gameplay of compulsive lying coupled with the need to put himself over and let everyone know how amazing he is at life. That, plus he's a chauvinist who discounts anything a woman tells him. Even Zakiyah's input is dismissed.

Zakiyah is still playing? She's a total non factor. I've yet to see her offer anything of substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom