• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong Final Trailer

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
5 minutes, good lord. Will watch 30 seconds and go in blind on the rest.

Edit: Absolutely nuts that this is their first real game. Chinese devs are going to absolutely son gaming devs around the world very soon.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Even with this final trailer I continue to not know if this is a boss rush type game, or if there's adequate exploration between it all. They've shown a LOT of boss type characters and very little exploring.

RainyNguyen

Holy moly, this trailer is so dope with fantastic soundtrack.

This trailer has little to no dialogue, makes me genuinely worried for the story
if there is one thing you don't need to worry about, it is the story.
Even with this final trailer I continue to not know if this is a boss rush type game, or if there's adequate exploration between it all. They've shown a LOT of boss type characters and very little exploring.
Not boss rush, watch this 19 mins gameplay

Last edited:
Yeah, this looks sick and a day1 buy, but watch at your own risk. Once I saw the character model with a potatoe sack on his head with a weapon I havent seen before, I had to cut it off. Thats a spoiler for me. Even the things coming out of his head after that is what I would consider spoilers.

Hrk69

Gold Member
Combat looks stiff and boring af

Visuals are on par with all those generic chinese games being released every year

The enemy design is really uninspired, and the music is just bland
seth meyers who hurt you GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Fess

Been looking forward to this for a long time, looks incredible. I forgot it’s coming out so soon. Are there any preorder bonuses?

clarky

Gold Member
Been looking forward to this for a long time, looks incredible. I forgot it’s coming out so soon. Are there any preorder bonuses?
Id be hesitant on preordering this one unless the bonus is you get a free Hooker.

Fess

Id be hesitant on preordering this one unless the bonus is you get a free Hooker.
Don’t need a hooker, but sound like I don’t need the preorder bonus either.

Pre-order to receive the Trailblazer's Scarlet Gourd.

※ This item can also be obtained through progressing in the game.

clarky

Gold Member
Don’t need a hooker, but sound like I don’t need the preorder bonus either.

Pre-order to receive the Trailblazer's Scarlet Gourd.

※ This item can also be obtained through progressing in the game.

I jest.

Game looks great but is digital only and from an unproven studio. Wait and see is prudent as always my friend.

Where are you seeing this? There's tons of clear parries in the gameplay footage.
Two previews I've seen said there is only a block move for projectiles but not melee attacks. I know there are some abilities that look like parry such as a shield and a freeze move. Those are cool down abilities though.

TexMex

Gold Member
Two previews I've seen said there is only a block move for projectiles but not melee attacks. I know there are some abilities that look like parry such as a shield and a freeze move. Those are cool down abilities though.

Interesting. Watching the gameplay posted in this thread back I do see what you mean where parries seem to trigger something on the hud that could be a cooldown timer / ability.

sigmaZ

Still not sure, but man your can tell they put a lot of effort into the designs. The baby thing freaked me the fuck out.

DavidGzz

5 minutes, good lord. Will watch 30 seconds and go in blind on the rest.

Edit: Absolutely nuts that this is their first real game. Chinese devs are going to absolutely son gaming devs around the world very soon.

I'll forget everything in 12 days so I watched the whole thing. One advantage of getting old lol

Anyway, it looks amazing! I was afraid that this would be like Sekiro and get old with one weapon but there seems to be A LOT of variety in weapons with the transformation system. Day 1 on PC!

Lorianus

There are only two ways for this game, it is either awesome or chinese shovelware, i hope for the former.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
It looks awesome and mimicking enemies' skills and appearances makes up for having only one weapon, there's plenty of skills available, like in Sekiro. The art direction can't be better.

To me, this feels like an old-school GOW remade for the current gen. What GOW used to be.

Boss Mog

Is this game not getting a physical release on PS5? I can't see a preorder for it anywhere online which seems crazy for a game that releases in less than 2 weeks.

Top Bottom