• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong Final Trailer

GHG

Gold Member
Even with this final trailer I continue to not know if this is a boss rush type game, or if there's adequate exploration between it all. They've shown a LOT of boss type characters and very little exploring.

It's not a boss rush game.

Just lies told by idiot journalists who didn't listen to the developers when they told them the demo they put together for them was specifically designed to focus on a series of boss fights.

Aion002

Gold Member
Awesome trailer. I hope it ends up being good.

It seems to be more like a God of War type of game than a Souls like.

I will definitely end up buying it at one point.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m not much familiar with these developers past works, there is no demo for me try out the game myself and there is also no physical version coming out.

I think I’m gonna sit this one out for now and see how is going to be and I have another game coming out on August that will keep me busy.

Aenima

Is this game not getting a physical release on PS5? I can't see a preorder for it anywhere online which seems crazy for a game that releases in less than 2 weeks.
Not at launch, but they looking for a way to release physical disks in the future.

It is the first time for Game Science to release a console game globally, and we are currently facing limitations in offline resources required for the import, export, transportation, distribution, and sales of physical discs. These factors have made it difficult for us to sell physical discs simultaneously with the official release of the game.
Our publishing team is actively working on resolving these issues and exploring options to offer physical discs.

DavidGzz

I´m slightly tempted to get my hopes up that this might actually turn out to be good.

I may regret this, but I just can't see how this won't be good. IMO it would have to have severe input delay and/or terrible performance for it to not be good after this trailer. I think we have another good Souls-like ala Lies of P. Maybe more God of War than Souls, which I am fine with. GoW is awesome too.

Astray

Might order this day 1 if the Steam reviews are good.

Want to get a game that puts my 7800x3d/4090 rig through its paces.

//DEVIL//

My goodness gracious, this looks incredible.

This and Concord 3 days later, fuck yes!
I promise you one of these games you will regret buying shortly when you are alone in that game…

Not gonna say which game but the don’t say we didn’t warn you concord man

Švejk

Banned
I have no interest in this game, but damn... this game looks wild.. and UE5 looks pretty incredible too.

Leave it to Japan,South Korea and China to save this generation of the garbage western woke slop.

Exactly. I think the people that consider this generation terrible are the ones that are writing off any Eastern dev game. Too close minded to play any action JRPG or Souls-ish game like this and stellar blade.
If I only played western dev games, I'd consider this generation terrible too.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Art design looks great as usual but damn the combat looks so weightless, i don't know about this one tbh...

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Art design looks great as usual but damn the combat looks so weightless, i don't know about this one tbh...
Just a bit odd. Lot of freezing people and just whaling on them while they don't move. Just have to see more, and ideally play a demo.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Reportedly leaked review (take with🧂)

tdPbQRU.jpeg

JCK75

I mean it looks cool and all.. but being someone who lived with a chinese woman for 15 years, is the Monkey King the only story they have? like I've seen some variant of that story at least 35 times during my marriage.

So… similar combat to Stellar Blade

Except there is no blocking or parrying which are both huge in Stellar Blade.
But it sounds similar to Stellar Blade with the wide linear environments and not as punishing souls-ish combat.

edit: well not a traditional blocking mechanic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom