• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong | Review Thread

What scores do you think Black Myth: Wukong will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 56-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 51 16.4%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 121 38.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 99 31.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tedditalk

But did it had female mechs? Thats the question.
It did, and not even vaguely. Epherma straight up had heels.

But this really besides the point. The rage bait for clicks and people taking the bait annoys me more than anything else. The author in question basically just fishing for the gamer death threat response so they can spin it for further clicks and retroactively justify the toxic "gamer" culture idea they push. I wish people just don't mention and engage these people so they can get fired for being talentless, instead of proving their point.

Edit 2: On topic, happy that the game scored as well as did, but worried about some optimization stuff for ps5 since no review codes and apparent bugginess being mentioned through various reviews. Gonna wait and see for leaks or confirmation on ps5 before I preorder

Last edited:

digdug2

For me it was when most of the mainstream gaming sites refused to even acknowledge the existence of Hogwarts Legacy. The legacy gaming press is just totally debased and irrelevant at this point.

I’ll read through some user reviews and maybe watch some YouTube videos from creators I trust, and who are clearly passionate about gaming and not trying to push an agenda. And maybe click a couple reviews from the smaller sites if they seem legit.
I guess when the Hogwart's shit went down, I didn't really think about it because I thought it was more of a ResetEra thing. I didn't fully realize until recently how insidious the liberal agenda is and what they are doing to our society as a whole. Society gives them an inch, they take a mile. Sweet Baby Inc., Screen Rant, and Insomniac aren't the cancer here, they are literally just symptoms of it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
IMG-1046.webp

Let’s focus on the real scores here :)

Watched some videos on it and they seem to have some bad stuttering / freezing, especially in combat, but heard 1 person in a video say they know others who haven't had issues. Is there a general reason for that? What's the general overall opinion? I can't stand stuttering games, ruined dead space remake for me quite a bit as an example.

GHG

Gold Member
Watched some videos on it and they seem to have some bad stuttering / freezing, especially in combat, but heard 1 person in a video say they know others who haven't had issues. Is there a general reason for that? What's the general overall opinion? I can't stand stuttering games, ruined dead space remake for me quite a bit as an example.

Shader compilation issues on PC for now.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Too long of a thread to comb through:

Ps5 version on performance mode, what’s the word? Is it using FSR performance or some shit up scaling a 480p image to 1440p or?

Tedditalk

Too long of a thread to comb through:

Ps5 version on performance mode, what’s the word? Is it using FSR performance or some shit up scaling a 480p image to 1440p or?
Zero news on PS5 version as no review codes sent out, and no information besides an unverified rumor regarding it. People are speculating it is a possible cyberpunk situation where it runs like trash and they are hiding it.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Watched some videos on it and they seem to have some bad stuttering / freezing, especially in combat, but heard 1 person in a video say they know others who haven't had issues. Is there a general reason for that? What's the general overall opinion? I can't stand stuttering games, ruined dead space remake for me quite a bit as an example

50/50, not every reviewer had issues, some had smooth experiences. Probably optimization issues.

Also Playing the game on english is causing some issues for whatever reason

Last edited:

Braag

Some of the reviews are exactly what I expected them to be.
Game seems to be really solid for pulling 80 metacritic despite that.

DavidGzz

One review I saw dude with a 2080 had way less problems than the IGN dude so it seems to be luck of the draw.

Fess

That said, I do have issues with the review. It was done on a ROG Ally, running at medium-low settings.
And people wonder why I don’t trust professional reviews these days… What’s next, playing on a phone through Xbox Cloud? Watching a playthrough on Youtube?
Any one of us here would do this better. Publishers should start sending review codes to GAF.

Until that happen, can’t we start a ”GAF Reviews: Game Title” trend?

OTs are impossible to read for reviews, buried fast. There needs to be a separate thread, focused on reviews, and only serious reviews, end with a score, increase font size and bold the score. And no harsh negative review bombing allowed, anyone here can spot when it’s not a genuine score and when someone never really gave a game a chance. Mods can erase those posts. And playtime has to be shown, final achievement from reaching the end. No ”I played for 30 minutes and dropped it” reviews. And the hardware used should be shown.

PeteBull

Gold Member
Played CP2077 at launch on my PS4 Pro and still loved the fuck out of it despite the issues.

I won :messenger_sunglasses:
Ps4pr0 and xbox one x versions were actually quite solid in comparision to both base ps4 and especially base xbox one, those were trully terrible, dips below 20fps all the time on top of switch alike resolution aka blurry mess, of all kinds of bugs.

PeteBull

Gold Member
Game is bang average as I expected.

Will swerve it.
over 80 metacritic score despite all the wokester journos giving it lower score, bro, game is solid, at least pc version, altho ofc not perfect, probably gonna need few more patches to iron out hitching/all kinds of performance and other bugs, its single player tho ,u wont lose anything if u play it in 3 or 6 months, u will only gain.

Dafegamer

After all that Hype.... I definitely expected stronger impressions, like 90+ on Metacritic. Still it looks decent but it's kinda shady and that they didn't have PS5 review Codes. Sounds similar to the Cyberpunk 2077 situation

Sentenza

over 80 metacritic score despite all the wokester journos giving it lower score, bro, game is solid, at least pc version
Yeah, especially because the two other common reasons of complaint are...
- sparse technical/performance issues
- lack of QoL feature like map markers and minimap.

Given that the first are fixable and the second are for pussies, it all sounds rather good.

From the Screenrant review:
"Editor's note: The author's name has been removed for their safety."
Another gaming journo entering the "Moron protection program".

Last edited:

deeptech

Oh my god how worthless is to obsess and base your judgements of a game on "journalistic reviews", one literally says enemy variety sucks, another next to it praises it for enemy variety. I will hope at least most of you don't take these "scores" and numbers seriously and see for yourselves.

My fav one, reviewed more the opinions of devs than the game:
"The lack of diversity and inclusivity resonates with the misogynistic comments reported to have been made by developers, which expressed disdain for women playing their games. Although Black Myth: Wukong does have truly enjoyable moments, the underlying feeling that women aren't welcome in this world felt present throughout my gameplay experience."

Last edited:

Roufianos

Looks like I should wait a few months then I'll be playing a game which presumably would have scored in the high 80s or 90s.

Top Bottom