• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloober Team thanks gamers and critics for overwhelming positive reactions of Silent Hill 2 Remake

Draugoth

Gold Member

"We are absolutely thrilled about the scores SILENT HILL 2 has received from the global media!Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! ❤️We can't wait to see you in our special place on October 8 on PS5 and Steam!"

LOl2zQT.jpeg

bundylove

Yeah right.

Making a game and release it a month prior to the pro just to fuck with me. Yeah thanks.

In all seriousness its by far one of the best remakes i played. Its on a whole new level. Been a long time since i got lost in a game but this is it.
I played last night 3 hours but deleted it as i want to play it on the pro. Quality mode is fine enough but i want to have an even better experience.

Knot3D

I'm playing it and loving it (early access Deluxe edition on Steam). Thank you Bloober, Konami and ofc Ito-san & Yamaoka-san! Congrats from an oldtimer SH2 fan since the PS2 days.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Never played the original SH2, although back on PS1 I did love Silent Hill. Wondering if the corny voice acting from that era will stand out to me in this re-release? Or is it solid? I don't think it mattered to me in RE4 Remake, but that's because that's more of an action game, and I've also beat it on many platforms over the years and give zero shits about the story at this point.

Shin-Ra

I suppose. I guess I consider this form of greed to be the least offensive out of everything I've seen in gaming from the past 20 years.
What if a few days becomes normalised and they decide to do an even more expensive two weeks early access edition?

I think special editions like steelbooks, pack-in soundtracks, art cards and the like with no impact on the game itself are much less offensive. You’re getting something extra at least, instead of taking away from the normal-priced edition.

Gonzito

I have to admit that I have been critical of Bloober Team and some of the content in the remake but after a few hours playing it I am absolutely shocked at how good this game is. They have nailed the atmosphere, the combat is tight, its polished and it looks absolutely fantastic. I have to keep playing and finish it obviously but so far I am very pleased with the game

What if a few days becomes normalised and they decide to do an even more expensive two weeks early access edition?
Again compared to some of the things we've been to as a whole, I consider this to be the least offensive thing possible. Maybe it's because of our current situation where games are patched post-release anyway, it just makes it so that I am even more justified in waiting before purchasing.

The cost of this monetary trend is simply patience. The cost of other monetary trends have been much worse. Arguably loot boxes being the absolute worse by bringing out the addictive nature of gambling into the gaming audience.

These companies are always going to try and find a way to make extra money at the end of the day.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

Well done Bloober, I was completely wrong. I thought this was going to be completely mid but I’m very glad they’ve smashed it.

Let’s hope they can keep the momentum up on their next title. It’s nice to see another European developer doing well also.

Shakka43

Kinda weird to start doing a victory lap before the game launches, but I hope it's good and that it does well for them (if it's good).
It already did for those of us who got the Deluxe Edition. Game is indeed pretty good and faithful to the original.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Hope they do SH3 or SH1 next.

SH3 is the safer and easier game for them. SH1 really needs a ground up remake as the ps1 original would be a rough blueprint at best.

LMJ

Congrats Bloober team and salude
Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

good on you for respecting the OG while focusing on what SHOULD and COULD be improved gameplay wise, and not on ideals etc

great remake, THIS is how it's done
Come On Meeting GIF by FoilArmsandHog

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I have to admit that I have been critical of Bloober Team and some of the content in the remake but after a few hours playing it I am absolutely shocked at how good this game is. They have nailed the atmosphere, the combat is tight, its polished and it looks absolutely fantastic. I have to keep playing and finish it obviously but so far I am very pleased with the game

So happy to read someone like yourself say this. Now I just need them to do a PS5 Pro patch and we're outta here!

Top Bottom