• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne on pc now boots via emulator

FingerBang

Sometimes all it takes is the right person getting involved with a project or starting it.
Yeah, it really is. It's just crazy how quickly it's happening. I'm thinking of how long the PS3 emulator will take to become playable, though I'm aware we're dealing with two different beasts altogether.

I also imagine people have a stronger incentive to emulate consoles with a ton of exclusives, and PS4 definitely has fewer games you won't be able to play anywhere.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Miyazaki near enough said it was Sony's fault BB hasn't had a current gen release/port.

There's an argument in a Sony office somewhere that has either happened or will happen when this does the media rounds. It's one guy who was overruled in meetings shouting "Look at this shit, they beat us to it just like I said they would. I fucking told you we should have done it this gen!"

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Yeah, it really is. It's just crazy how quickly it's happening. I'm thinking of how long the PS3 emulator will take to become playable, though I'm aware we're dealing with two different beasts altogether.

I also imagine people have a stronger incentive to emulate consoles with a ton of exclusives, and PS4 definitely has fewer games you won't be able to play anywhere.
Huh? PS3 emulation has been a thing for a long time and hundreds of games are fully playable.

Miyazaki near enough said it was Sony's fault BB hasn't had a current gen release/port.

There's an argument in a Sony office somewhere that has either happened or will happen when this does the media rounds. It's one guy who was overruled in meetings shouting "Look at this shit, they beat us to it just like I said they would. I fucking told you we should have done it this gen!"
Yup. Sony should've released a Bloodborne PC port right after seeing PC sales for Dark Souls 3. they would've made bank, but nope they wanted to see how long they can push it or even not release it at all. At this pace we'll be all playing Bloodborne at +60fps 4K and Sony is not gonna make an extra dime. (Bloodborne discs are cheap)

SNG32

The PS3 emulator is pretty playable sir. Especially on console level which is 30 fps and below. If your trying to get more performance than the actual console like trying to get 60 fps on a 30 fps game then your going to need a beast rig.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Yup. Sony should've released a Bloodborne PC port right after seeing PC sales for Dark Souls 3. they would've made bank, but nope they wanted to see how long they can push it or even not release it at all. At this pace we'll be all playing Bloodborne at +60fps 4K and Sony is not gonna make an extra dime. (Bloodborne discs are cheap)

The perfect time to do it would’ve been a month or so before Elden Ring. Hype levels were through the roof.

FingerBang

Huh? PS3 emulation has been a thing for a long time and hundreds of games are fully playable.

The PS3 emulator is pretty playable sir. Especially on console level which is 30 fps and below. If your trying to get more performance than the actual console like trying to get 60 fps on a 30 fps game then your going to need a beast rig.
Both of you are right. I meant to say how long it took, but my brain decided otherwise. The PS3 emulator is great nowadays.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Both of you are right. I meant to say how long it took, but my brain decided otherwise. The PS3 emulator is great nowadays.
I had Wrath of Asura among other games that I never got to, because YLOD. I was able to beat it on RPCS3
The perfect time to do it would’ve been a month or so before Elden Ring. Hype levels were through the roof.
I would argue they should have done it a month after! After Elden Ring released, I kept seeing rumors about From's next game (Which I think turned out to be Armored Core 6?) a week or so after, about BB2 or a BB remaster, it even kept trending here and there on X. Still trends, just not as much.

Last edited:
Chromatic Aberration makes me dizzy - focus too much in real time on the red blue filter than the polygons behind it.

I'm confused about how to feel or even HOW to eventually download and play because this is now my most anticipated release this year.

Honestly, I would be been excited to pay full price to download exactly this on PS5, yet there's nothing for me to buy. Would there have been a PS5 Pro patch? Did they fix frame pacing? What studio took on the challenge? On the open market, these companies are creating nothing for me to spend my money on.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Interesting that input latency is better at the default 30fps.

That will require a fix when running at higher framerates for sure.

Isn't that what's expected though? If you couldn't modify the framerate as a game option (no idea if you could) it's probably because the game logic was optimized for 30 fps.

By the way it rubs me the wrong way that fromsoftserve is getting the hits instead of the videos from the devs themselves, kind of people linking to Wario64 instead of the true source of an article.

Last edited:

digdug2

It's pretty playable now, but I think the person you're replying to meant that it took forever to take off.

Edit: I read the original post wrong and you're right that they said it's still not playable. Nvm...

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Any word on online functionalities being emulable? Don't care too much about Bloodborne's, but being able to play Dragon's Crown Pro multiplayer would be the tits.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
It's pretty playable now, but I think the person you're replying to meant that it took forever to take off.

Edit: I read the original post wrong and you're right that they said it's still not playable. Nvm...
No, you're right. That's what the person meant, but they didn't say it properly.

Mozzarella

This shows that if Sony wanted they could've done that port long time ago and earned that juicy cash, but they done fucked it up.
I'm impressed with the speed and the progress of this development on the emulator, praise the hands of these devs, what a great and awesome job they are doing, a great service to all the community, i literally take my hat off for their efforts! ✋🤚

ThisIsMyDog

I remember someone used that excuse that they lost the source code or something.
Thats bullshit 100% BUT ACTHUALLY that emulator do not use source code either
pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Haint

Holy shit the progress is insane. This gotta have to light the fire up under Sony's ass right?

No, cause they're almost definitely doing a full scale Bluepoint style remake at this point. Would make no sense whatsoever not to have done PC/PS5 remaster years ago if they genuinely had no plans and nothing major in development. Not even Jim Ryan was that retarded.

Last edited:

Paltheos

The progress on this port has been so fast. Just a few weeks ago we were soundless, missing multiple visual layers, and running single digit fps.

No, cause they're almost definitely doing a full scale Bluepoint style remake at this point. Would make no sense whatsoever not to have done PC/PS5 remaster years ago if they genuinely had no plans and nothing major in development. Not even Jim Ryan was that retarded.

As a regular huffer myself, I feel obliged to point out how much bloodbornium you're inhaling right now.

You won't last here if you continue to go into threads and shit on the topic being discussed. It's why I refrain from taking my own ultra negative takes to certain threads.

I agree, and for the record, it’s okay to have a negative opinion, but add context to it, back it up.

Don’t just come and, hurr durr x game sukz balls yo and leave.

Big difference between having a contrarian view and threadcrapping.

He could’ve just said, this doesn’t interest me as I don’t play old games (but still pretty cool that this can be done).

Last edited:
Top Bottom