• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne on pc now boots via emulator

Happy Hugh Jackman GIF

Holammer

Feast your eyes on this. A guy showing off ShadPS4's new stability by testing Dark Souls Remastered, Persona 4 Golden & Resident Evil 4. Running on a 1060 and 7600x, a positively ancient GPU (2016) and reasonably modern CPU (2022). With a paltry 16GB to demonstrate how they managed to quash the memory leaks.
The 1060 budget GPU is notably thought to be the equivalent of the PS4 Pro's APU in benchmarks.

Most of it runs at a solid 60fps with the exception of the town square in RE4.

Nickolaidas

Can't wait. I never played Bloodborne thoroughly because I was put off by the aliasing and the 30 fps (and lower drops). Definitely enjoying this on my upgraded PC next year.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Also bodes well for PS5 emulation in the future as well since they are very similar architecturally.
Not really. The most important part of emulation is interest. Everything from PS5 is eventually ported to PC so no one will have a real desire to emulate it. To play what?

That’s one of the reasons Xbox emulation is nonexistent (along with the lack of documentation). There is only a handful of games that aren’t on PC.

GHG

Not really. The most important part of emulation is interest. Everything from PS5 is eventually ported to PC so no one will have a real desire to emulate it. To play what?

That’s one of the reasons Xbox emulation is nonexistent (along with the lack of documentation). There is only a handful of games that aren’t on PC.

Demons souls remaster is a thing.

As long as there remains no PC port, it will happen because of that.

Gaiff

Demons souls remaster is a thing.

As long as there remains no PC port, it will happen because of that.
It might, but it will take forever. Look at Xbox. How much effort has there been in that? There still isn't a functional Xbox emulator despite the console being over 2 decades old. There's already Demon's Souls on RPCS3 and people by and large prefer the original vision to Bluepoint's remake. Besides, it was in the NVIDIA leak, so it might still be coming.

I just think that PS5 emulation will be very slow to arrive due mainly to a lack of interest because almost all its exclusive and certainly all the interesting ones will be on PC anyway.

GHG

It might, but it will take forever. Look at Xbox. How much effort has there been in that? There still isn't a functional Xbox emulator despite the console being over 2 decades old. There's already Demon's Souls on RPCS3 and people by and large prefer the original vision to Bluepoint's remake. Besides, it was in the NVIDIA leak, so it might still be coming.

I just think that PS5 emulation will be very slow to arrive due mainly to a lack of interest because almost all its exclusive and certainly all the interesting ones will be on PC anyway.

Calling bullshit on the bold. Played the original Demons Souls, both on original PS3 hardware and emulated 60 fps 4k on PC, and I've played the remake. The latter is far superior, people who can't access coping any way they can won't change that.

Last edited:

Gaiff

Calling bullshit on the bold. Played the original Demons Souls, both on original PS3 hardware and emulated 60 fps 4k on PC, and I've played the remake. The latter is far superior, people who can't access coping any way they can won't change that.
Seen most people calling the original superior. It has a better atmosphere, monster designs, colors, and soundtrack (which you can change). The new one obviously has better load times and fps/resolution. Whatever the case, I’ve seen a lot of discontent with the remake. The point is, I don't think that there will be that much interest if Demon's Souls Remake is the sole game.
Xemu a thing.
I stand corrected. I haven’t checked in a while and assumed it was still not working. It took years, however. I believe even longer than RPCS3.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Seen most people calling the original superior. It has a better atmosphere, monster designs, colors, and soundtrack (which you can change). The new one obviously has better load times and fps/resolution. Whatever the case, I’ve seen a lot of discontent with the remake. The point is, I don't think that there will be that much interest if Demon's Souls Remake is the sole game.
The original designs are not 'superior'. It's an entirely subjective opinion made by people who are living embodiments of the 'fan dumb' tv trope, specifically, the 'purist' version. An 'everything deviating from the original is worse, no matter if it's actually better' mentality.

There is a case to be made about some re-designs missing the point lore-wise (fat official), but some of the complaints are flat out asinine. I mean, people complained about the music theme of the flamelurker in the remake, that it is 'classic orchestral Dark Souls III bullshit', while the original was more unique. Yeah, sure, more unique, and also unfitting of a frenzied battle where you block, roll, hack and slash for dear life. The music in the original is practically trying to make you fall asleep. And I'm saying this as a guy who think that Demon's Souls (original) is the best PS3 game there is.

So while I don't think the remake does everything better, I wholly object to it doing everything worse.

I need it on Steam. I really do.

Senua

Gold Member
There is definitely the opinion online the original is superior in art style, and of course it's miyazaki's original vision. I've yet to play the remake but it does look fantastic from footage.

sachos

No, cause they're almost definitely doing a full scale Bluepoint style remake at this point. Would make no sense whatsoever not to have done PC/PS5 remaster years ago if they genuinely had no plans and nothing major in development. Not even Jim Ryan was that retarded.
This is my hope right now, maby preparing a PS6 launch game a la Demon's Souls Remake.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Have they given any estimate on when Bloodborne could be fully playable? Given how it looks and how they are even improving on stuff like the dynamic lighting, I'd bet it's very close.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not a fan of Bloodborne, but those 32:9 ultrawide shots are damn sexy

Holammer

It’s almost here bros. Don’t let your memes be dreams.

Saw a video before showing how blood stain on clothes now work, fixed hair, face & skin on player characters, the crow armour looks accurate. Performance gains too, but I did not link it because I considered it too way too spoilery. People should limit themselves to showing Hunter's Dream & early areas/bosses IMO.

General compatibility is increasing, quite a few 2D games seem to work perfectly.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Big lighting fix for Bloodborne. Might not be 100%, but it's not longer super bright. Just need particle effects now.
Also notable how he plays at 100+ fps almost the entire time.

Still far from the actual game looks but man, it's getting there!

TintoConCasera

Far? Is it really? I see all the models, textures, dynamic lighting etc. Looks pretty damn close in my opinion, 100% playable and enjoyable especially since it's not sub 20 fps at 720p.
I was talking about the lighting, still some work left to do there until it looks like the actual game.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This is incredible. I've not looked at the thread because I thought it was only running at like 1fps.

What incredible work. So fast.

mrcroket

Far? Is it really? I see all the models, textures, dynamic lighting etc. Looks pretty damn close in my opinion, 100% playable and enjoyable especially since it's not sub 20 fps at 720p.
Dude, it's a PS4 game not a Switch one, I mean yeah, when it's fully emulated it will be glorious, but the original runs at 1080p and 30 fps (with bad frame pacing but pretty stable), not sub 720p at 20.

Dude, it's a PS4 game not a Switch one, I mean yeah, when it's fully emulated it will be glorious, but the original runs at 1080p and 30 fps (with bad frame pacing but pretty stable), not sub 720p at 20.
It may as well be next to 4k 100+ fps. Game looks awful. I couldn't even bother playing it back in the day because it looked so hideous. I'm down to try when this emulator has it looking flawless.

FeralEcho

The original designs are not 'superior'. It's an entirely subjective opinion made by people who are living embodiments of the 'fan dumb' tv trope, specifically, the 'purist' version. An 'everything deviating from the original is worse, no matter if it's actually better' mentality.

There is a case to be made about some re-designs missing the point lore-wise (fat official), but some of the complaints are flat out asinine. I mean, people complained about the music theme of the flamelurker in the remake, that it is 'classic orchestral Dark Souls III bullshit', while the original was more unique. Yeah, sure, more unique, and also unfitting of a frenzied battle where you block, roll, hack and slash for dear life. The music in the original is practically trying to make you fall asleep. And I'm saying this as a guy who think that Demon's Souls (original) is the best PS3 game there is.

So while I don't think the remake does everything better, I wholly object to it doing everything worse.

I need it on Steam. I really do.
As someone who played Demon's Souls since before it came in the west back in 2009(I imported it) and played the remake I can say without a doubt I prefer the Remake, it's not perfect however,some stuff the original does better.

Remake has :

Much better ost with the exception of Maiden Astraea's theme on 5-3 which they completely butchered imo and that one remains better in the og.

The sound fx side is glorious compared to the og.(Hell it's one of the top 3 best sounding PS5 games still to this day imo)

Much more detailed world and characters and the spells look incredible compared to the original

The character creator looks really bad compared to the og(maybe it was just me but the presets are absolutely horrible and couldn't get anything looking right out of them)

Much better responsiveness and combat feel

Worse colouring for the most part compared to the og.

Worse atmosphere in some places but better in others

Better qol changes

I have no idea about online on Remake as I never played it but then again I barely played online in the original as well so can't judge either. I'm solo in souls.

So yeah overall I much prefer the remake even though I think they are so good and different enough in vibe to warrant playing both depending on mood.

bender

What time is it?

I prefer the original and I imported DeSo on the PS3 and was there day one for the remake.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
i"ve got it looking really nice and it's pretty stable, with pauses for loading when entering areas that seem to overlap for that purpose?
That aside, 60fps locked, I'm just trying to get sound/music to play and I will do a rough playthrough on ShadPS4!

ap_puff

I stand corrected. I haven’t checked in a while and assumed it was still not working. It took years, however. I believe even longer than RPCS3.
Nah he is correct, the remake is in every way superior to the original except in perhaps the color grading. Which is just personal aesthetic taste.

Top Bottom