• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne on pc now boots via emulator

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Sonys going to miss out big time here. They've taken so long to do this that the community will end up doing it better. I legit own bloodborne so I have no qualms with running this.

One thing that's for certain is any design or art tweaks will be agreed with the community so you won't have a demons souls issue.

Davevil

bloodborne on potato pc
200w.gif

hemo memo

Gold Member
Sonys going to miss out big time here. They've taken so long to do this that the community will end up doing it better. I legit own bloodborne so I have no qualms with running this.

One thing that's for certain is any design or art tweaks will be agreed with the community so you won't have a demons souls issue.
Sony is still figuring out how they can sell the game for $70.

FingerBang

Most people do, hence why Sony isn't happy with a "let's make the game backward compatible" but is probably planning, if not already developing, a remake a la Demon's Souls.

After all, DeS was playable at 60fps through an emulator before Sony released the remake.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
New version of the emulator just dropped, 0.30.

Looking great.

You know what'd be amazing? A camera mod, one that pulls the camera away when facing a large monster. The Cleric Beast bossfight gave me cancer because the arena is super tight and the camera keeps fucking up.

Loboxxx

Neo Member
When they manage to run it at 15fps and without bugs, after hundreds of hours of dedication, they will surely announce the Bluepoint remake of Bloodborne.

FeralEcho

Oh here comes the gatekeeper, telling people what mods they aren't allowed to have.

s reactions share GIF
Oh don't get me wrong,I ain't stoping anybody,everyone should do as they please,you're allowed to play the game in as shitty a style as you'd like but that doesn't mean I can't share my opinion on how wrong it is if you do so.Whether you give a shit about it or not it's up to each and everyone but I'm still allowed to say it.

al pacino middle finger GIF

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Looking great.

You know what'd be amazing? A camera mod, one that pulls the camera away when facing a large monster. The Cleric Beast bossfight gave me cancer because the arena is super tight and the camera keeps fucking up.

The real Souls’ ultimate boss : The camera

From can’t seem to figure it out, it’s annoying as fuck.

Wukong nailed this on first try, on top of a huge variety of boss with super well animated move sets.

Fucking shame From, fucking shame.

CGNoire

Nope,go play Elden Ring for that.

Bloodborne is supposed to be dark,the atmosphere would be completely wrong with "modern gaming" colour.
Im not talking about value. Color and value arent the same thing. color is a combination of saturation and hue. I dont mind desaturated dark styles as long as they dont skip hue variation. It just makes it too flat.

FeralEcho

Im not talking about value. Color and value arent the same thing. color is a combination of saturation and hue. I dont mind desaturated dark styles as long as they dont skip hue variation. It just makes it too flat.
So in a way a less washed out value? I agree with that then.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The only (very) fine line they are skirting is that they're "officially" promoting their emulator with videos from Bloodborne and other games. If a cease and desist is sent, I imagine that the only teeth it would have would be to make them stop posting Bloodborne WIP videos on their Twitter or used to promote their emulator.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Cute that you think this will do anything.

Cute that you think I give a shit either way! You guys are so crazily defensive.

And for the record, my understanding is they don't *need to prove anything* to issue the order; All they need is a judge to agree that an unauthorized third party is potentially infringing on their copyrights and thereby harming their business, hence preventing further damage by issuing a C+D is reasonable and proportionate.

Whether the claim holds up under legal scrutiny is another matter entirely. See, part of the strategy is bogging you down in litigation and bleeding you out long before it gets to trial.

But like I said, I honestly don't care what happens. I was just speculating based on how corporations TYPICALLY REACT to this sort of situation.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Cute that you think I give a shit either way! You guys are so crazily defensive.

And for the record, my understanding is they don't *need to prove anything* to issue the order; All they need is a judge to agree that an unauthorized third party is potentially infringing on their copyrights and thereby harming their business, hence preventing further damage by issuing a C+D is reasonable and proportionate.

Whether the claim holds up under legal scrutiny is another matter entirely. See, part of the strategy is bogging you down in litigation and bleeding you out long before it gets to trial.

But like I said, I honestly don't care what happens. I was just speculating based on how corporations TYPICALLY REACT to this sort of situation.
Changes nothing to what I said. Sony can issue a CD letter all they want. The main team might stop, but you think this will stop PS4 emulation?

tusharngf

The only (very) fine line they are skirting is that they're "officially" promoting their emulator with videos from Bloodborne and other games. If a cease and desist is sent, I imagine that the only teeth it would have would be to make them stop posting Bloodborne WIP videos on their Twitter or used to promote their emulator.
Sony is not nintendo

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Changes nothing to what I said. Sony can issue a CD letter all they want. The main team might stop, but you think this will stop PS4 emulation?

Dude. Do not come at me like *I'm* the one suing anyone!

It just makes you come across like you're so terrified of something happening that anyone even suggesting it makes it more likely to happen.

I assure you. Sony give even less of a shit about my opinion than you do!

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Dude. Do not come at me like *I'm* the one suing anyone!

It just makes you come across like you're so terrified of something happening that anyone even suggesting it makes it more likely to happen.

I assure you. Sony give even less of a shit about my opinion than you do!
No one is coming at you. The point is, you’re not the first one who made this smartass comment "Hur hur hur, Sony will make them stop." They can’t do anything about it, so not only is your comment painfully repetitive and unoriginal, it’s also useless.

That’s my point.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Just a quick note regarding this; Nintendo as a platform holder are the most aggressive on this, however when a particular title is in the spotlight, its usually the publisher who's the one to step-in and order a stop.

Gaiff Gaiff : See above, its usually publishers/developers who step in when a particular title is involved.

Last edited:

mrcroket

Just a quick note regarding this; Nintendo as a platform holder are the most aggressive on this, however when a particular title is in the spotlight, its usually the publisher who's the one to step-in and order a stop.

Gaiff Gaiff : See above, its usually publishers/developers who step in when a particular title is involved.
The only similar case is Atlus with Persona 5 on RPCS3, and the only thing that happened was that they had to stop mentioning the game.

MiguelItUp

I feel like I'm watching paint dry at this point, lmao. It moves fast, and then it feels like it doesn't move at all, lol. At the moment I've seen people with all kinds of different specs have wildly different experiences. Some claim it's fully playable and like butter all the way through, some experiencing random crashes and bugs, some can't run it at all. Their individual specs are all over the place too. Hopefully they can iron all that out sooner than later.

lmimmfn

I feel like I'm watching paint dry at this point, lmao. It moves fast, and then it feels like it doesn't move at all, lol. At the moment I've seen people with all kinds of different specs have wildly different experiences. Some claim it's fully playable and like butter all the way through, some experiencing random crashes and bugs, some can't run it at all. Their individual specs are all over the place too. Hopefully they can iron all that out sooner than later.
Relax man, this is the cutting edge of getting the game working, once working it can be optimized but let's wait until its fully working first.

Top Bottom