• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Getting a million souls every 22 minutes with this farming spot:

Isz chalice, lantern 3. Using a +9 Saw Spear with Bolt. First room has a bunch of alien dudes, each give 5K with 2 blood echo enhance runes. 70K every run. Fast and close.

The effects of blood echo enhance runes stack? Cumulative or multiplicative?

Also, how do I get to your chalice dungeon :)?

Regarding R
om
. I think
slowly picking off the spiders is the better way to approach Rom honestly. Yeah it makes the fight a little longer but you eliminate a ton of potential "bad luck" deaths since the spiders are way more of a threat than Rom himself.

Exactly how I did it

Chalice Rom is a different story in the third phase since he doesn't give you any room to dick around killing all the spiders. Luckily the room is big and they spread out.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So GAF, if you can only choose one between Tonitrus OR Ludwig's Blade, and yes just assume you can only have one of them, which one will you pick as your focus?

Tonitrus have a distinct advantage in free Bolt buff and many of later bosses seem to have weaknesses in it BUT it offers very short range and lack Ludwig's moveset or I think possibly much higher potential damage (and Ludwig CAN be buffed with bolt if necessary although this require quite expensive resources....)

Which one, Tonitrus or Ludwig?

Xeilyn

Well you will almost always have advantage of hiding behind enemies when invading.

Does invading net you anything worthwhile? Have invaded only few times but it seems like there is no reason other than being asshole to others.
If you have the vileblood rune equipped you get blood dregs from killing other players and npc hunters that you can either use to increase your rank with the vilebloods or consume for insight

How can I get my discovery up?

And where to farm chunks?
You can equip an eye rune(the first drops from willem, the dude before the fight against rom) or increase your arcane. Chunks drop rarely from the werewolves in upper cathedral ward and the gargoyles in cainhurst
So GAF, if you can only choose one between Tonitrus OR Ludwig's Blade, and yes just assume you can only have one of them, which one will you pick as your focus?

Tonitrus have a distinct advantage in free Bolt buff and many of later bosses seem to have weaknesses in it BUT it offers very short range and lack Ludwig's moveset or I think possibly much higher potential damage (and Ludwig CAN be buffed with bolt if necessary although this require quite expensive resources....)

If you are going arcane then Tonitrus since the buff scales with arcane, i use the Tonitrus on my arcane char and i have an atk rating of 709 with the buff and i only have 1 crappy bolt atk gem in it. Otherwise Ludwigs

Well I guess ludwig right? You can also use bolt paper on it

Well you will almost always have advantage of hiding behind enemies when invading.

Does invading net you anything worthwhile? Have invaded only few times but it seems like there is no reason other than being asshole to others.

I invade people because Hunter v Hunter fights are a lot of fun. I generally let the player deal with the npcs and try to do an "honorable" 1v1.

This. I have probably died more on the little guys than Rom.

Yep this is what kept happening to me. I would try to take out a couple and hit Rom only to be back attacked / killed by the little guys. Then if I started focusing on them my next try I would lose track of Rom and be hit by its blasts. Was a frustrating fight for me but I ended up killing it and it felt so satisfying

Oppo

ride the lightning. tonitrus

myco666

If you have the vileblood rune equipped you get blood dregs from killing other players and npc hunters that you can either use to increase your rank with the vilebloods or consume for insight

No bonus from being in Hunters or Executioners?

Oh man, i have no strategy for chalice dungeon abhorrent beast

If nothing else works and you want just through him you use poison knives. It is slow tactic but gets the job done.

Rozart

Ebrietas
is just the fucking worst. THE WORST. This is probably the most attempts I've ever had to make to try and defeat a Souls boss.

I'll get her health down to the last 1/3rd and
she'll start using her homing magic missiles and I'm just at a loss from there. I'll sprint around her, dodge her blood-spewing frenzy-inducing attacks and she'll have a go at me with her magic laser beams again. I barely have any time to attack her during this stage.

And it's not like the pre-missiles part of the battle is any easier. I've tried baiting her into doing a slam attack, but that seems unreliable since she'll be baited into doing that damn charge attack as well. And I've tried to hug her butt dark souls style but the camera angles go WIIIILD everytime I try to do that.

Any tips, guys? How do I defeat this damn thing.

Durden77

So question about the two nightmares...

Just got to Nightmare of Menesis, but I haven't done the Nightmare Frontier. Without giving too much away, if I want to see the most content, should I do one before the other?

skynidas

Banned

Just got to Nightmare of Menesis, but I haven't done the Nightmare Frontier. Without giving too much away, if I want to see the most content, should I do one before the other?

It doesnt matter. But do frontier first

AngryMoth

Not with 170 discovery it seems.

And I want level arcane on this character.
So no more chunks for me it seems.

Ok..
Kill willem for the eye rune which boosts discovery. You can also get a stronger version down the staircase in the nicholas cage boss area. Stacking those should give a big boost

Dmonzy

Frontier is completely optional, so you might want to do that one first since it's also easier.

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
Sorry.....but the Invading part has left a sour taste in our mouths to the point of shelving the game for awhile. We're not that good to begin with and our first venture into the "Souls" base game. Three of us try to help each other out, be in a area, boss or dungeon. It's bad enough to deal with enemies but getting the notice an invader has arrived makes it an extra thorn in our side. If we wanted PvP, then we would be looking for it.

We've always like the co-op part of games and most have a "Optional PvP" mode...this more or less throws it at you no matter if you want it or like it. We're just wanting to play, collect and clear...that's it. Not that hard to take. I wish there was a way to communicate to an invader we don't want to fight but if you want to go thru with us fine. But ooooh noooo....Mr.Invader wants to rain on our day all in the name of putting up a YouTube video and brag.....gee wiz....what a life.

A few nights ago we got invaded three time in 1-1/2 hrs and night before twice. I've probably seen close to 12-13. One night the same guy twice within one hour...so these clowns are trolling. They just need to put up some maps and offer 1v1, 2v2 and even 3v3 letting them whack each other silly leaving the p and co-op players to finish the game left alone.

Alpende

G
erhman
is a bitch. I know I can beat him, I just suck at trying to parry him which makes me lose 10 to 15 vials before I'm 2/3 done

Ebrietas
is just the fucking worst. THE WORST. This is probably the most attempts I've ever had to make to try and defeat a Souls boss.

she'll start using her homing magic missiles and I'm just at a loss from there. I'll sprint around her, dodge her blood-spewing frenzy-inducing attacks and she'll have a go at me with her magic laser beams again. I barely have any time to attack her during this stage.

And it's not like the pre-missiles part of the battle is any easier. I've tried baiting her into doing a slam attack, but that seems unreliable since she'll be baited into doing that damn charge attack as well. And I've tried to hug her butt dark souls style but the camera angles go WIIIILD everytime I try to do that.

What weapon are you using? I had very little difficulty because the r2 attack on my whip mode cane would automatically hit her head for enormous damage. I even stunned her a couple of times and got in some huge viscerals. You just need to keep strafing behind her and managing your stamina. Her ranged attacks are super easy to dodge and her charge attack is the perfect opportunity to dodge diagonally towards her while locked on and get some huge hits on her face.

Ebrietas

At least for dodging the projectiles I found backing up when she begins the animation followed by mashing dodges to the left was a reliable easy to get around them.

taybul

Ebrietas

In the last thread someone posted a video of themselves doing the fight at SL4 and it showed the best way I've seen to avoid those. Can't find the exact video but here's the method from another: https://youtu.be/aKwQEBOgZdE?t=234

A few nights ago we got invaded three time in 1-1/2 hrs and night before twice. I've probably seen close to 12-13. One night the same guy twice within one hour...so these clowns are trolling. They just need to put up some maps and offer 1v1, 2v2 and even 3v3 letting them whack each other silly leaving the p and co-op players to finish the game left alone.

Certain maps are better to pvp than others so if you were in the nightmare areas I can see why you would get invaded by the same person twice. There are very limited areas where you get a sure place to actually do Hunter v Hunter and I feel From dropped the ball by not having an arena for people who generally want pvp but not to mess with people who want to just do pve.

Ebrietas

I had to summon help to beat her. But I do know her face is super weak, and I had some success drawing her into the little starting corridor and wedging myself between her tentacly butt cheeks. Every time she spun to hit me, she dragged me with her so I just went to town on her from behind.

Arjen

Sorry.....but the Invading part has left a sour taste in our mouths to the point of shelving the game for awhile. We're not that good to begin with and our first venture into the "Souls" base game. Three of us try to help each other out, be in a area, boss or dungeon. It's bad enough to deal with enemies but getting the notice an invader has arrived makes it an extra thorn in our side. If we wanted PvP, then we would be looking for it.

We've always like the co-op part of games and most have a "Optional PvP" mode...this more or less throws it at you no matter if you want it or like it. We're just wanting to play, collect and clear...that's it. Not that hard to take. I wish there was a way to communicate to an invader we don't want to fight but if you want to go thru with us fine. But ooooh noooo....Mr.Invader wants to rain on our day all in the name of putting up a YouTube video and brag.....gee wiz....what a life.

Well there is a beg for life gesture.

Ive been using Ludwigs the whole game and both the my skill and strength are at 25. Which stat should I stick with?

Also where should I go next? Just defeated
Micolash.

Wet Nurse
Cainhurst
Choir?

Fhtagn

I recommend playing solo then. Invasion is the balance to how easy the game is with co-op. It will make you a much better player in a short amount of time, and then you'll find the invasions not as much of a hassle when they happen.

If you summon near boss doors only, you can banish the invaders by entering the boss arena, if you are stuck on a boss you find too hard.

Future

I'm near done with my first play through as a skill build.

I want to try an arcane/blood tinge build. Best to do new game plus and up those stats? Or should I reroll and start a new character when I'm done

Xeteh

Kill willem for the eye rune which boosts discovery. You can also get a stronger version down the staircase in the nicholas cage boss area. Stacking those should give a big boost

The moon rune is at the bottom of the stairs. The one from Willem is the 2nd one. First one is near the Mergo's Base lamp.

Ive been using Ludwigs the whole game and both the my skill and strength are at 25. Which stat should I stick with?

Also where should I go next? Just defeated
Micolash.

Wet Nurse
Cainhurst
Choir?

I'd go with C
ainhurst

Blinck

Ebrietas

My strategy was to be really aggressive, even in the last phase.
When she gets her limbs up this means she will be doing the missiles, so just roll and keep rolling. For me, the time of constantly smashing O always made me avoid the missiles.
After the missiles, just get near her again. If you hit her enough, specially with a charged attack, she will eventually stagger and then you can do a ridiculous amount of damage by hitting her in the head.
I also think she is weaker to thrust attacks, so I used my sword and pretty much just R2'ed her to death.
I kept close to her at all times, because her charge attack is an insta kill if she hits you directly, and it's really hard to dodge. Also if you keep close at the start, she will start jumping around but ths is a good opportunity to get some free hits as she is landing

Hope this helps! Good luck and keep at it! Fortunately the run to this boss is basically painless. I'm not sure if this is doable as I didn't try it, but I think that after you go down the elevator, you can click on it again and roll out of it. This way if you die and go back you won't even have to wait for the elevator.

Melchiah

Regarding R
om
. I think
slowly picking off the spiders is the better way to approach Rom honestly. Yeah it makes the fight a little longer but you eliminate a ton of potential "bad luck" deaths since the spiders are way more of a threat than Rom himself.

I personally disagree with that.
The little ones didn't kill me even once, and the battle can be won far quicker by concentrating on Rom. You just look for an opening, ran through the herd of arachnids, and hit Rom once or twice. Rinse and repeat.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Only took me two tries to down E
brietas
in the Isz chalice. Felt good after the struggle I had in the main game!

AngryMoth

Holy crap, just got a cursed gem that is phys attack +34.5% stamina cost -2.6. Didn't know you could get bonuses that high, and it's only level 13!

myco666

Well I understand that it is a problem if you trek through entire area in coop since then Bell Maidens spawn. Just do the areas solo and coop bosses. This way you shouldn't have to deal with invaders aside from two areas in the game.

Certain maps are better to pvp than others so if you were in the nightmare areas I can see why you would get invaded by the same person twice. There are very limited areas where you get a sure place to actually do Hunter v Hunter and I feel From dropped the ball by not having an arena for people who generally want pvp but not to mess with people who want to just do pve.

Well if you want you want to invade certain people and have "arena" battles just make other join
Vilebloods
and other into
Executioners
and then use password for summoning.

Still can't do it. I went through all of my boo blood vials

Just dash away and throw poison knives only after AB has attacked and after the poison effect has worn of from it. One knife should inflict poison.

Top Bottom