• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

taybul

I'm enjoying the chalice dungeons but farming is kind of a pain. I need 2 more Red Jelly so I need to go to Isz or Lower Loran, but I need to get the materials first to make them, doh.

Also next up is defiled Amygdala. I'm looking forward to it, Watchdog was fun and exciting.

You'll be unlocking somewhat different dungeon environments so this shouldn't that monotonous. Wait till you have to have to farm gems from root dungeons...

edit: actually never mind, unlocking non-root dungeons was indeed incredibly boring/repetitive.

RDreamer

So, I just bought this today.

I've never played a Souls game and just glanced over RDreamer's posts.

On a scale of 1-10, how much pain and suffering am I in for?

Hah, I dunno if I'd take my complaints as gospel for this. I'm a very peculiar sort of gamer with certain things. I'll say there are some things in this game that do annoy me that I really do think they should have taken care of, but there's a core there that I can see why people get addicted to it. I still think it's vastly overrated along with the Souls series, but I guess I can't blame the fans for that, since there aren't a lot of games like this. I suppose just do as others said and if you get stuck or something, find a guide or ask around here for some tips.

Personally, I'm warming up to the game a bit more now. I haven't gone far, but the Cathedral District seems a lot less head ramming into a wall than the beginning of the game... so far. I'm sure there's something waiting for me there, though. I'm also balancing out some of my play time on Bloodborne with Life is Strange. Completely opposite experience to cleanse my palette.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
That outfit you can piece together for 2500 bloodechoes in the beginning is one of the most badass looking sets I've seen out of any Souls games. Yharman is the name I think? Just started the game and loving the changes to combat. Played all 3 souls games before this but I still died early on letting myself getting swarmed. Haven't gone past the first lantern due to farming for the Yharman set but I'm having a blast.

PSN handle is pennythoughts if anyone wants to play. I usually run through the souls games solo but I'll try some co-op this time.

Oh? Special root dungeon?

Yes.

I'm enjoying the chalice dungeons but farming is kind of a pain. I need 2 more Red Jelly so I need to go to Isz or Lower Loran, but I need to get the materials first to make them, doh.

Also next up is defiled Amygdala. I'm looking forward to it, Watchdog was fun and exciting.

Ah the red jelly, you gotta visit those pre lamp and pre boss doors to get some on Loran

Ghazi

Red Jelly is easy, there's a glyph you can do that you're only required to fight a Loran Silverbeast and you can run to it, reset the chalice and repeat.

-Horizon-

Phew, managed to get Djura's gesture. Thanks everyone.

Also I really like how before every boss area there is now a place to ring the bell to get NPC help. That's cool.

Because I don't remember that being a thing when I last fought paarl last year.

Got my new controller today and made some decent progress, defeated the One Reborn and then headed to the Upper Cathedral Ward. The room with the five wolves was awful, but I managed to lame it out. Then I proceeded to lose about 40 insight to the suckers. Eventually powered my way through and beat the Celestial Emissary, was feeling pretty proud of myself until i walked right into Ebrietas and immediately got taken out by her lunge. She looks awesome, and I think I'll probably be looking at her her for awhile...

Got my new controller today and made some decent progress, defeated the One Reborn and then headed to the Upper Cathedral Ward. The room with the five wolves was awful, but I managed to lame it out. Then I proceeded to lose about 40 insight to the suckers. Eventually powered my way through and beat the Celestial Emissary, was feeling pretty proud of myself until i walked right into Ebrietas and immediately got taken out by her lunge. She looks awesome, and I think I'll probably be looking at her her for awhile...
The hardest boss on the game imo. Though I'm just starting the DLC so my opinion might change.

Phew, managed to get Djura's gesture. Thanks everyone.

Also I really like how before every boss area there is now a place to ring the bell to get NPC help. That's cool.

Because I don't remember that being a thing when I last fought paarl last year.

It wasnt, the League update added a good bunch of summon NPCs even in chalices

The hardest boss on the game imo. Though I'm just starting the DLC so my opinion might change.

Every step you make on the dlc will seem harder than anything you encounter in the main game. The first hunters are insanely agressive. The first boss is mind-blowingly hard... And when you kill him, the very next room is nothing but more sadistic trouble, again and again.

This dlc is seriously fucked up, but the new weapons are so good and the bosses are insane too. Time to git real gud

So I'm assuming everyone who has ever played Bloodborne gets to Ebreitas, realizes she's impossible to defeat, and just kind of guesses at what happens if you beat her? This isn't a real boss, it can't be, just the personification of the game's theme of a meaningless struggle. Maybe 1,000 years from now, when man has melded with machine to create a specimen with perfect reflexes and thought capability can we witness the consequences of a hunter felling the foul beast.

Losing 25000 blood echoes and not being able to win them back because you got killed by an Abductor and you're now in Yahar'Gul really hurt.

I'm contemplating dropping it for now.

Minigun guy in Old Yharnam. Had a little bit of a dodge fest with him and oops, there he goes off the tower and onto a convenient spot to loot his body. I'll take it.

Same thing happened to me lol

So I'm assuming everyone who has ever played Bloodborne gets to Ebreitas, realizes she's impossible to defeat, and just kind of guesses at what happens if you beat her? This isn't a real boss, it can't be, just the personification of the game's theme of a meaningless struggle. Maybe 1,000 years from now, when man has melded with machine to create a specimen with perfect reflexes and thought capability can we witness the consequences of a hunter felling the foul beast.

What level are you? I don't remember having much trouble with her, maybe you're just using the wrong approach?

Just beat the game after getting distracted by other stuff back in March when I got to the Nightmare of Mensis. Did a bloodtinge/skill build with the threaded cane/chikage and holy crap this game is so much easier when you actually know what you're doing. Except the second to final boss, which I parry-whored because I am a terrible person.

...decided against getting The Old Hunters though. I can't justify spending $20 on new weapons and stuff when my chance of a NG+ play through hover around zero. Instead I might spend that money on DSII while I wait for DSIII.

What level are you? I don't remember having much trouble with her, maybe you're just using the wrong approach?

Low 60's with a +8 Ludwig's,in my last couple attempts I finally got that you don't dodge her lasers, just strafe and that helped quite a bit, though I'm still not sure what range is best to approach her at. Tried for a long session today and it just resulted in me losing a ton of blood vials.

Low 60's with a +8 Ludwig's,in my last couple attempts I finally got that you don't dodge her lasers, just strafe and that helped quite a bit, though I'm still not sure what range is best to approach her at. Tried for a long session today and it just resulted in me losing a ton of blood vials.
You have to go at her ass with a +10 weapon and enough Vit to tank her hit from her fucking charge. If you're prepared and have the right weapon you can mop the floor with her in less than 2 minutes.

You have to go at her ass with a +10 weapon and enough Vit to tank her hit from her fucking charge. If you're prepared and have the right weapon you can mop the floor with her in less than 2 minutes.

I did her after the dlc on my last run with a +10 pizza cutter with 3 20+ gems beast blood pellet and bolt paper. She died so fast it hardly seemed fair lol. Payback for all the pain she caused me in the past.

Raptor

Cant beat Father Gascoigne, second form is kicking my ass, tiny music box aint doing shit on second form or Im doing something wrong.

Hard as all fuck, cant imagine the other bosses :(

Seems so simple, will do.

Thanks.

it's simple in theory but easy to get trapped on a grave and destroyed. I tend to say near the fog wall for the entire fight as there is a bit of room to move there. Molotovs are also useful for the final stage. Dodge in then throw them at point blank range instead of hitting him.

J-Skee

You monster. That boss kept me from my Platinum for like 3 months.

Side note: just ordered the Old Hunters strategy guide. No reason to get it other than look at the pretty pictures. It should look nice next to other guide.

BumRush

Minigun guy in Old Yharnam. Had a little bit of a dodge fest with him and oops, there he goes off the tower and onto a convenient spot to loot his body. I'll take it.

Oh haha, thought you meant a boss and couldn't remember fighting one on a tower. Yeah he's tough as hell if you actually fight him up there.

RDreamer

Oh haha, thought you meant a boss and couldn't remember fighting one on a tower. Yeah he's tough as hell if you actually fight him up there.

Yeah he seemed kinda tough, though I was doing surprisingly well that round, then poof down he goes.

Cant beat Father Gascoigne, second form is kicking my ass, tiny music box aint doing shit on second form or Im doing something wrong.

Give his 2nd form a lot of space. More than the first form. Don't be right up on him for too long. If you have some molotovs, that's the time to use them.

Raptor

it's simple in theory but easy to get trapped on a grave and destroyed. I tend to say near the fog wall for the entire fight as there is a bit of room to move there. Molotovs are also useful for the final stage. Dodge in then throw them at point blank range instead of hitting him.

Yeah he seemed kinda tough, though I was doing surprisingly well that round, then poof down he goes.

Give his 2nd form a lot of space. More than the first form. Don't be right up on him for too long. If you have some molotovs, that's the time to use them.

Molotovs, got it.

:D

Every step you make on the dlc will seem harder than anything you encounter in the main game. The first hunters are insanely agressive. The first boss is mind-blowingly hard... And when you kill him, the very next room is nothing but more sadistic trouble, again and again.

This dlc is seriously fucked up, but the new weapons are so good and the bosses are insane too. Time to git real gud

I got through the first section. You weren't kidding about the aggressive Hunters! I've found parrying to work wonderfully on them haha. Anyways, I got to some door and a big ass motherfucker came out and fucked up a pair of Hunters. Being only level 30 I turned tale and ran with the Blood Echoes I had aquired. I'll probably go back at around level 60 or so haha.

Ledbetter

Started this game a few days ago. I'm somewhat in the middle of Old Yharnam, after defeating the hunter who shoots you from the roof. He actually jumped himself to death haha.

Great game by the way, is the first game I'm playing on the PS4 and it's one of those games that keeps you thinking about what to do or how to defeat a boss during the day.

Molotovs, got it.

:D

I find going upstairs to find a clear space to make this fight a little easier.

Mobius 1

Losing 25000 blood echoes and not being able to win them back because you got killed by an Abductor and you're now in Yahar'Gul really hurt.

I'm contemplating dropping it for now.

Same thing happened to me lol

Try losing 112,000.

My fault, but immensely stupid.

I just now reached the Fishing Hamlet. This game... Is on its own league.

Is it normal that I can't respawn or go back to the first lantern in The Forbidden Woods from the Hunter's dream?

Try losing 112,000.

I just now reached the Fishing Hamlet. This game... Is on its own league.

That must've hurt.

I'm easily frustrated but I really like the game so I end up quitting and coming back every couple of hours lol.

It's really really good and engrossing, I'm not typically someone who goes out of his way to do everything in a game but in Bloodborne I always want to go in every direction possible in the hopes to find a optional area.

I did her after the dlc on my last run with a +10 pizza cutter with 3 20+ gems beast blood pellet and bolt paper. She died so fast it hardly seemed fair lol. Payback for all the pain she caused me in the past.
Damn. My best battle with her is the one where I killed her in 100 seconds...actually less since that's just the run time of that video. The chikage beat down that got laid down on her was just savage.

Melchiah

Try losing 112,000.

I lost +300k once in Isz chalice, in the room with two werewolves, three brainsuckers, and two laser-shooting aliens. Luckily, it takes only few minutes to get that amount back in Mensis farming route on NG+.

I don't think so. Are you sure you lit it? Or you might be looking at the wrong headstone in Hunter's Dream.

Yeah I lit it, I went in the Hunter's Dream through that lantern to level up but when I wanted to go back it didn't show on the list and I had to go back to the Grand Cathedral. I also restarted the game, went back up to the lantern, clicked on it which prompt me to the "Do you want to go back to the Hunter's Dream" screen, exited the screen died and I ended up back up to Grand Cathedral.

I hope it will only happen with that lantern, otherwise it might start to be unplayable.

Yeah I lit it, I went in the Hunter's Dream through that lantern to level up but when I wanted to go back it didn't show on the list and I had to go back to the Grand Cathedral. I also restarted the game, went back up to the lantern, clicked on it which prompt me to the "Do you want to go back to the Hunter's Dream" screen, exited the screen died and I ended up back up to Grand Cathedral.

I hope it will only happen with that lantern, otherwise it might start to be unplayable.

Wow that sucks, sorry man. Not sure why that happened. Have you gotten through Forbidden Woods already? If not that's really going to suck

Maybe someone here can help out.

It's been around 10 days already and I can't go online. Whenever I select "Play Online" I always get a "You are currently offline" message. Prior to that I could go online no problems

I am using a HK console and have a HK Old Hunters disc, if that matters.

Anyone encountered this before? Is that the error message if you try going online without PS+? Mine is set to expire Nov2016 so it can't be that (I already tried restoring licenses). Anyone else playing off the Singapore/HK/Malaysia area?

Maybe someone here can help out.

It's been around 10 days already and I can't go online. Whenever I select "Play Online" I always get a "You are currently offline" message. Prior to that I could go online no problems

I am using a HK console and have a HK Old Hunters disc, if that matters.

Anyone encountered this before? Is that the error message if you try going online without PS+? Mine is set to expire Nov2016 so it can't be that (I already tried restoring licenses). Anyone else playing off the Singapore/HK/Malaysia area?

Yeah I had that after installing one of the patches. Fully power down the ps4. That should fix it.

...decided against getting The Old Hunters though. I can't justify spending $20 on new weapons and stuff when my chance of a NG+ play through hover around zero. Instead I might spend that money on DSII while I wait for DSIII.

This is literally the worst decision ever. Skipping Old Hunters is a grievous mistake, but if you do, use those 20$ towards a dinner, a blu-ray movie, a couple indie games or whatever else but DS2.

Skip the music box, if I remember correctly it makes him go into second form earlier.

it's simple in theory but easy to get trapped on a grave and destroyed. I tend to say near the fog wall for the entire fight as there is a bit of room to move there.

You can also simply go upstairs.

J_Viper

Finally beat that mother fucker Micolash. Holy hell was that boss outsourced to the Assassin's Creed team? What a blemish on such a superb experience.

Is this a good time to start the DLC? I'm at level 84 with a +9 Holy Blade if that makes a difference.

myco666

Finally beat that mother fucker Micolash. Holy hell was that boss outsourced to the Assassin's Creed team? What a blemish on such a superb experience.

Is this a good time to start the DLC? I'm at level 84 with a +9 Holy Blade if that makes a difference.

You mean a boss that elevates Bloodborne above all else?

Yeah now is a good time for the DLC. You can go pick up Blood Rock to get LHB to +10 if you want and there are two of gems right after Micolash that are best in the main game.

J_Viper

You mean a boss that elevates Bloodborne above all else?

Yeah now is a good time for the DLC. You can go pick up Blood Rock to get LHB to +10 if you want and there are two of gems right after Micolash that are best in the main game.
Thanks, I'll see if I can find that Blood Rock

Soulhouf

Now that I finished the game a few times, I think it's time to do a base level 4 waste of skin run.

Here is my character, Fei Fong Wong:

CZMfpGHWwAAY58K.jpg:orig

I've already beaten Demon's Souls and Dark Souls in base level but I feel this will be more challenging because there are no flat damage without scaling weapons here.
It feels more intimidating.

Mezoly

First time playing a souls game. Question about the clinic
If I fought Ifoseka(is it impostor?) and I died but then I have heard that I could leave her and come after the blood moon and something different about her will happen would that still be possible if I already fought her but didn't kill her?

Top Bottom