• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Just beat the game after getting distracted by other stuff back in March when I got to the Nightmare of Mensis. Did a bloodtinge/skill build with the threaded cane/chikage and holy crap this game is so much easier when you actually know what you're doing. Except the second to final boss, which I parry-whored because I am a terrible person.

...decided against getting The Old Hunters though. I can't justify spending $20 on new weapons and stuff when my chance of a NG+ play through hover around zero. Instead I might spend that money on DSII while I wait for DSIII.
DSII SotFS is a great investment for $20. Believe I put 180 hours into it, and I plan on replaying it again this year before DS3.

Mobius 1

Just beat the game after getting distracted by other stuff back in March when I got to the Nightmare of Mensis. Did a bloodtinge/skill build with the threaded cane/chikage and holy crap this game is so much easier when you actually know what you're doing. Except the second to final boss, which I parry-whored because I am a terrible person.

...decided against getting The Old Hunters though. I can't justify spending $20 on new weapons and stuff when my chance of a NG+ play through hover around zero. Instead I might spend that money on DSII while I wait for DSIII.

I found The Old Hunters absolutely worth $20, if only for the outstanding new areas. If you don't co-op power through it, it will easily take many hours to complete. The bosses are massive challenges.

I've hit a wall with Rom. It takes SO LONG to clear out those baby spiders while also dodging giant arcane bolts just to be able to run in and hit her once or twice before she belly flops on me and usually kills me instantly. This is the first time I've felt discouraged.

Raptor

I dont quite líke the kirkhammer is the saw cleaver a good option for end game stuff? Líke is a good option to level it to +10?

Or what weapon should i get?

myco666

First time playing a souls game. Question about the clinic
If I fought Ifoseka(is it impostor?) and I died but then I have heard that I could leave her and come after the blood moon and something different about her will happen would that still be possible if I already fought her but didn't kill her?

Yeah you can ignore her now if you want. You will miss out on a rune if you don't kill her now but going later gives you something different that might be really useful.

I dont quite líke the kirkhammer is the saw cleaver a good option for end game stuff? Líke is a good option to level it to +10?

Every weapon is good from start to finish. It is more about what moveset you prefer.

Soulhouf

Saw Cleaver is one of the most effective weapons in the game IMO. You can't go wrong with that.

taybul

I've hit a wall with Rom. It takes SO LONG to clear out those baby spiders while also dodging giant arcane bolts just to be able to run in and hit her once or twice before she belly flops on me and usually kills me instantly. This is the first time I've felt discouraged.
Don't bother clearing the spiders after the first part (when she doesn't attack). Just run in attack then run out whenever there's an opening. She's super weak to bolt too.

Raptor

Saw cleaver is good till the end I imagine. And Ludwig's.

Yeah you can ignore her now if you want. You will miss out on a rune if you don't kill her now but going later gives you something different that might be really useful.

Every weapon is good from start to finish. It is more about what moveset you prefer.

Saw Cleaver is one of the most effective weapons in the game IMO. You can't go wrong with that.
thanks.

Is the one i líke, glad I can stick with it.

So I had an awesome co-operator yesterday who was using a weapon that I think I need!! Wonder if GAF can help me pull it together?

The sword looked a lot like Ludwigs Holy Blade, but it had something of a green tint and seemed to pack a heck of a lot of punch, I feel like it may have emitted green 'waves' when used too.

My initial thoughts are that it must be imbued with some kind of arcane gems, however I've only found one so far and it's one of the triangular ones.. Therefore not usable with my LHB.

Any thoughts GAF? It was too badass of a weapon to let slide!

BumRush

So I had an awesome co-operator yesterday who was using a weapon that I think I need!! Wonder if GAF can help me pull it together?

The sword looked a lot like Ludwigs Holy Blade, but it had something of a green tint and seemed to pack a heck of a lot of punch, I feel like it may have emitted green 'waves' when used too.

My initial thoughts are that it must be imbued with some kind of arcane gems, however I've only found one so far and it's one of the triangular ones.. Therefore not usable with my LHB.

Any thoughts GAF? It was too badass of a weapon to let slide!

It's the moonlight greatsword and its relatively unmissable at some point in the DLC. Let me know if you want to be spoiled.

It's the moonlight greatsword and its relatively unmissable at some point in the DLC. Let me know if you want to be spoiled.

Thanks! Last time I entered the DLC area I was crushed in the first plaza area by a hunter so doubt I'll be ready for a little while :-(

I'm happy to be spoiled, assuming it relates to one of the DLC bosses?

BumRush

Thanks! Last time I entered the DLC area I was crushed in the first plaza area by a hunter so doubt I'll be ready for a little while :-(

I'm happy to be spoiled, assuming it relates to one of the DLC bosses?

Yup. It's
Ludwig's (the first boss)
sword. He drops it when you beat him. Amazing fight with the best music in the game (in my opinion).

Joei

Saw cleaver is good till the end I imagine. And Ludwig's.

Those are the two weapons I've used. Currently right at the end of the game and have Saw Cleaver and Ludwig at 10, I use fire on the cleaver and str buffs on the Ludwig, has served me very well throughout the game.

Rom is still kicking me around. This might be where I call it quits.

Edit: and then I read about a way to cheese her with the flame sprayer so I'm taking the coward's way out

Rom is still kicking me around. This might be where I call it quits.

Edit: and then I read about a way to cheese her with the flame sprayer so I'm taking the coward's way out

Flamesprayer? Hard to imagine that thing doing much damage, but I never tried it. If that doesn't work, you can try another somewhat cheesy method:

Take out all of the little spiders on the first phase, so you have Rom alone. Use a bolt paper and a beast blood pellet, then keep hitting her head with transformation attacks until the beast meter is full. After it's full, just go to town on her body until she escapes to another spot. By that time she should be almost dead and hopefully it would only take a few hits to finish her off.

Flamesprayer? Hard to imagine that thing doing much damage, but I never tried it. If that doesn't work, you can try another somewhat cheesy method:

Take out all of the little spiders on the first phase, so you have Rom alone. Use a bolt paper and a beast blood pellet, then keep hitting her head with transformation attacks until the beast meter is full. After it's full, just go to town on her body until she escapes to another spot. By that time she should be almost dead and hopefully it would only take a few hits to finish her off.

Your method would've been much easier. Basically I just equipped the flamesprayer after I leveled it up to +4, popped a bone marrow ash, and walked around her spraying. She wouldn't teleport as long as I kept on her and when I eventually ran out of bullets I slashed her a few times.

She only had a sliver of health left at that point so I just ran in and finished her off. Glad that's over with. Thanks for the tip because I'm using that method next time.

Now that I finished the game a few times, I think it's time to do a base level 4 waste of skin run.
Keep us posted how you get on Soulhouf. :)

My first run was SL4 and I had a tough time with the Shadows Of Yarnham, but eventually got to Wet Nurse then had to take a break, just wanted to experience the game normally I think by that point. I loaded up the character a few days ago and realised I had only been using Moon runes so kind of handicapped myself there unintentionally, I was thinking of picking up where I left off since Wet Nurse seems like it should be relatively easy. Thinking about doing the same in DS3 with my first run, but we'll see how it goes!

You have to go at her ass with a +10 weapon and enough Vit to tank her hit from her fucking charge. If you're prepared and have the right weapon you can mop the floor with her in less than 2 minutes.

This is a little late but I appreciate the advice, decided to tackle the Nightmare of Mensis first and have grabbed a ton of blood chunks. Found myself at Mergo's Wet Nurse and I think it's the coolest looking boss in the game. Tried her twice and failed but I'm having an easier time than I was with Ebritas. I'm super excited to be closing in on the end of the game.

Meant to post this in here but posted it in the DLC thread instead. Recently there was an orchestral game concert in Sweden where they covered Omen (the main Bloodborne theme) and it is pretty great:

http://www.svtplay.se/video/6182373...elmusik-med-sveriges-radios-symfoniorkester-1

Skip to 54:02 for Bloodborne, although the entire thing is fantastic (covers a lot of different game themes)

Why did most of the gaming related orchestras use the same megaman theme.

Althane

So, my first time in the game. Having a lot of fun. However, I'm afraid I just goofed something up. Old Yharnam spoilers:

I finally got to the top of the tower where Gatling Gun bro was chilling. Killed him by dropping him off the tower, but I can't get his drop. Am I SOL on getting the weapon it gives?

So, my first time in the game. Having a lot of fun. However, I'm afraid I just goofed something up. Old Yharnam spoilers:

I finally got to the top of the tower where Gatling Gun bro was chilling. Killed him by dropping him off the tower, but I can't get his drop. Am I SOL on getting the weapon it gives?
Exit the game and come back (system-exit-continue in menu). You should start where you left and his drop will be at the top of the tower :)

Exit the game and log in, his drop will appear where he was or down the ladders where you climb up.

just beat Kos, holy moly what a fight.

The DLC was a welcome increase in difficulty, although I did not find the bosses the hardest portion of the game (I'm just playing NG mind you). It was definitely the part in fishing hamlet
down the well with the two large guys.. died more on that than anything in the game (minus the learning curve at the beginning with earlier bosses)

Finally beat, Ebrietas! Most satisfying win I've had, walking in with a +10 weapon made all the difference. Will probably finish NG tomorrow, already looking forward to NG+.

just beat Kos, holy moly what a fight.

The DLC was a welcome increase in difficulty, although I did not find the bosses the hardest portion of the game (I'm just playing NG mind you). It was definitely the part in fishing hamlet
down the well with the two large guys.. died more on that than anything in the game (minus the learning curve at the beginning with earlier bosses)

What level are you? I bought the DLC yesterday, almost entirely just because I wanted the new weapons. Not sure if I wanna do the DLC on NG or NG+ though.

What level are you? I bought the DLC yesterday, almost entirely just because I wanted the new weapons. Not sure if I wanna do the DLC on NG or NG+ though.

I started at around lvl 82 and had a fully upgraded ludwigs. If you have the fundamentals down, it's a very enjoyable expansion, a bit more challenging than the main game, but I wouldn't call it unfair.

I did have some moments where I wanted to throw the controller at the wall toward the end of the DLC, but eventually found ways to get through.

Save your shaman bone blades and fear purple skulls.

Ophelion

At long last, I can stand with my head held high amongst the elder hunters again. I dueled that aberration, Kos' Orphan for what felt like my hundredth time and, with the Holy Moonlight Greatsword, I split him from stem to stern.

The nightmare is over. I've beaten every single boss in Bloodborne now, optional or otherwise. I've seen everything, plumbed the darkest depths and walked away with my sanity in tact*. I can retire my hunter and peacefully await the coming of Dark Souls 3 when the hunger will claim me all over again.

Umbasa.

Probably more an illustration of how poor my sanity was to begin with than a compliment of my skill.

Now that I finished the game a few times, I think it's time to do a base level 4 waste of skin run.

Here is my character, Fei Fong Wong:

CZMfpGHWwAAY58K.jpg:orig

I've already beaten Demon's Souls and Dark Souls in base level but I feel this will be more challenging because there are no flat damage without scaling weapons here.
It feels more intimidating.
Shouldn't a proper Fei run be a fists only run?
Finally beat, Ebrietas! Most satisfying win I've had, walking in with a +10 weapon made all the difference. Will probably finish NG tomorrow, already looking forward to NG+.
Congrats man. Yeah +10 weapon is like mandatory for Ebrieatas. Still one of my favorite fights.

I think her theme made the fight for me, definitely in my top 3 of the game so far.
That game has so many good boss themes. Ebrietas, Ludwig and probably the LIving Failures themes are my favorites, though I still love Lady Maria's too. If you haven't played the dlc then you should. Every boss theme is good there.

That game has so many good boss themes. Ebrietas, Ludwig and probably the LIving Failures themes are my favorites, though I still love Lady Maria's too. If you haven't played the dlc then you should. Every boss theme is good there.

I've been debating buying the DLC now and trying to power through it before tackling the last main game bosses or saving it for NG+, what's the ideal way?

I've been debating buying the DLC now and trying to power through it before tackling the last main game bosses or saving it for NG+, what's the ideal way?
Do it before NG+, the enemies and bosses get a hug increase in stats that are only reasonable if you're in the high 120's and have done a good amount of chalice dungeons.

You will be fine, just be sure to not charge at the enemies there, they do a considerable damage and ignored your staggers in their heavy attacks

You will be fine, just be sure to not charge at the enemies there, they do a considerable damage and ignored your staggers in their heavy attacks
It best helps to learn the parry timing. The only reason why I was even able to get the pizza cutter was because I know the parry timing for the beast cutter hunters.

I have no idea where to go next.

I beat

Cain Hurst Castle recently
Witch's Adobe
Forbidden Woods
Church of the good chalice

I was co-op'ing and had some fun with a dude over from Gamefaqs and he's committed to helping noobs.

Does anyone know where do I go next and does anyone want to co'op the area with me?

I beat

Witch's Adobe
Forbidden Woods

I was co-op'ing and had some fun with a dude over from Gamefaqs and he's committed to helping noobs.

Does anyone know where do I go next and does anyone want to co'op the area with me?
Have you gone straight past where you fought the shadows of yharnam? There's a path that leads to
Byrgenworth

Melchiah

I beat

Witch's Adobe
Forbidden Woods

There are two options; either you continue from where you beat the boss in Forbidden Woods, or go to the right from Grand Cathedral if you have the Tonsil Stone. You get it from the NPCs in the lighted windows after beating Vicar Amelia.

Top Bottom