• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

myco666

Really really want that artbook and seriously debating if I should buy that and the English version that eventually releases.

should i buy preowned Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition - Playstation 4

for 29,99 quid aka 40€ appx?

DLC is on disk 100% right?

I don't have the GOTY edition but I've read from many places that the DLC should be on disc.

Raptor

So I cant beat Starved beast and Im out of vials and antidotes, will go back and famr a few hundred vials and antidotes, maybe two days of farming.

Then I summon Alfred and go to town on that beast, damn man she is all over the place lol.

ScribbleD

So I cant beat Starved beast and Im out of vials and antidotes, will go back and famr a few hundred vials and antidotes, maybe two days of farming.

Then I summon Alfred and go to town on that beast, damn man she is all over the place lol.

You should have some Pungent Blood Cocktails in your inventory. Throw them in a corner and they will attract BSB's attention for a little bit.

DarkFlame

Banned
So, I've been thinking about the things that refrain Bloodborne from being a perfect game and i've come down to these things.

1.The chalice dungeons are bad.Plainly,the could have used the development time to extended the main game duration.While they were good in theory,they are actually a borefest,especially when you compare them with the excellent main game.They just fall short

2.Bloodborne's a bit on the short side,i could have had like a 1/3 extra in the main game.Chalice dungeons aside,it must be the smaller in length in the soul series together with demon's souls.I could easily trade chalice dungeons for more levels in the main game.

3.The lack of build variety.Not only from an item perspective but also from stat/playstyle perspective.All builds feel more or less the same,just boosting different types of weapon dmg.The lack of variety indirectly affects pvp endgame.

4.The covenants.Too fuckin few.Where Dark Souls 2 surpased even the first Dark Souls in terms of covenant implementation,Bloodborne really fell short on this one.Practically only 4 now with the Old hunters DLC ,they just dont cut it.

To be honest,i totally enjoyed my first playthrough of Bloodborne to the fullest,but when the credits rolled,i didn't feel the incentive to linger out for much longer.And the chalice dungeon option didn't get me quite excited,so I rushed to finish the game a second time in NG+,flesh out the covenants a bit more and that's about it

TLDR; An excellent single player adventure,one of the best in Soul's style games,but in the end it really misses something for the hardcore Soul's fan to keep them invested

TLDR; An excellent single player adventure,one of the best in Soul's style games,but in the end it really misses something for the hardcore Soul's fan to keep them invested

Bloodborne is my favorite of the Souls like games and I've replayed it the most of any them. Guess I'm not a hardcore Souls fan. Admittedly, it might actually be true because I haven't cared about PvP in any of these games.

These OT's are hunting me.

There is a lever there.

As for Shadows of Yarnham, my strategy was to lead the melee guy off by himself as much as possible and stun him with the pistol + visceral until he was dead. Then I focused on the flaming melee guy, sort of doing the same thing. Lead him off and visceral. But I didn't get him below 10% health before hopping over to the magic dude and wailing on him until he was dead, then took out the 3rd guy before any snakes even popped up. Might've been my favorite fight so far.

Anyway, tonight I beat Cainhurst. It was great fun figuring out how to stun ML before he charged up and visceraled the crap out of him. On to some chalice dungeons!

Well I found the switch, good heavens I feel like an idiot, it was right fracking there...at least I can get back to the boss quickly now. Haven't had much luck yet but I'll get them sooner or later.

Or like in my case they won't do shit at all.
They do, but give it a beat to kick in if the BSB is already in the middle of going ape shit or is too far away or something. If you throw it and start wailing on him immediately his AI might over-ride and aggro back on you. Throw it, let him see it and then go in.

-Horizon-

Haha oh wow. This time I went and fought the hunter in the grand cathedral much earlier than when I did in my last play through (after the one reborn). Holy crap that was difficult. That repeating pistol they have is just ridiculous. 2 shots from that and I'm dead. I know its easy to see from a distance but man, when I think I've backed away from across the room to safely heal, the jerk rushes in and manages to land the killing shot or side swipe me :/
I should've kept count how many times I died. Must've been at least almost 20 times before I finally managed to eek out a win with like 2 blood vials and 3 bullets left. Burned through most of the ones in storage.

The only ones I've used and liked have been Black Sky Eye and Tiny Tonitrus, I haven't used Accursed Brew yet though. A Call Beyond is good, but it's highly inaccurate.

I'll look into those. The ones that come with the base game seem like a hit or miss that I've tried so far.

Fight with
Daughter of the Cosmos
is crushing my soul, as well as having to farm for blood vials afterwards. I think its time to stop for the night.

-Horizon-

Fight with
Daughter of the Cosmos
is crushing my soul, as well as having to farm for blood vials afterwards. I think its time to stop for the night.
At least in the base game,
ebrietas
is one of the hardest bosses to me. She's up there with
logarius
, the hunter in the grand cathedral, and a few chalice bosses like the
pthumerian descendant
Ugh. I'm not looking forward to the dlc bosses from everything I'm hearing.

At least in the base game,
ebrietas
is one of the hardest bosses to me. She's up there with
logarius
, the hunter in the grand cathedral, and a few chalice bosses like the
pthumerian descendant
Ugh. I'm not looking forward to the dlc bosses from everything I'm hearing.

I've read that she's optional as well but I ain't leaving till I put her down. Just need to sleep on it.

-Horizon-

I've read that she's optional as well but I ain't leaving till I put her down. Just need to sleep on it.
Tough as nails optional boss. The real issue I had with her is the ramming attack that has an insane hitbox.

Also, have you done the other optional area
cainhurst castle
yet?

Tough as nails optional boss. The real issue I had with her is the ramming attack that has an insane hitbox.

Also, have you done the other optional area
cainhurst castle
yet?
No haven't discovered that area yet despite hearing about it plenty.

Sorry for double post.

On my second playthrough and I just discovered the Nightmare Frontier. One of the worst zones in a Souls game I believe. Ugh. I really wonder if they play through these areas and say, "Yes, this is fun to play." Shit is awful!

I must say that I'm not finding Bloodborne nearly as replayable as Souls games. Already getting bored at the 40 hours invested mark.

Game was great though and an awesome story in there.

RDreamer

They do, but give it a beat to kick in if the BSB is already in the middle of going ape shit or is too far away or something. If you throw it and start wailing on him immediately his AI might over-ride and aggro back on you. Throw it, let him see it and then go in.

I did that. 6 times. I swear to you it did nothing. I watched another video of someone doing it and I swear I did nothing different. Looked online and at least one other person was complaining of that just not working for him, too. He turned to it for like a second or less and then turned back on me without me touching him.

On my second playthrough and I just discovered the Nightmare Frontier. One of the worst zones in a Souls game I believe. Ugh. I really wonder if they play through these areas and say, "Yes, this is fun to play." Shit is awful!

I must say that I'm not finding Bloodborne nearly as replayable as Souls games. Already getting bored at the 40 hours invested mark.

Its different because of certain areas, and extremely annoying if you hate frenzy... (this was the first area I experienced the true meaning of frenzy...) But it is short and challenging, just in a different aspect IMO

Haha oh wow. This time I went and fought the hunter in the grand cathedral much earlier than when I did in my last play through (after the one reborn). Holy crap that was difficult. That repeating pistol they have is just ridiculous. 2 shots from that and I'm dead. I know its easy to see from a distance but man, when I think I've backed away from across the room to safely heal, the jerk rushes in and manages to land the killing shot or side swipe me :/
I should've kept count how many times I died. Must've been at least almost 20 times before I finally managed to eek out a win with like 2 blood vials and 3 bullets left. Burned through most of the ones in storage.

I took that hunter out tonight as well. Except I used the stairs to lure him down and R2d him from a distance with Ludwig's. It felt cheesy but it was worth it for that sweet crow armor.

myco666

What makes it so bad? I actually liked the area though the poison swamp slowing your movement is something I dislike.

Well, is not a Souls game without the poison area, those White Lanterns.....

After a few days break, I'm jumping into the DLC and made it through Ludwig into the research hall. After all the talk about the difficulty, I went in expecting the worst, and it's not too bad. Definitely a step up from the main game in terms of difficulty, but a +10 LHB seems to handle everything just fine. Ludwig stumped me for a bit, but the dude was just so damn cool I couldn't be frustrated with him, the Holy Moonlight Sword is great, but the sheer amount of weapons they throw at you right at the start is overwhelming, I just don't have the blood chunks to make them all useable, will probably focus on the Sword and the Boom Hammer. I'm having a ton of fun so far and I'm glad I made the decision to bite on it.

I did that. 6 times. I swear to you it did nothing. I watched another video of someone doing it and I swear I did nothing different. Looked online and at least one other person was complaining of that just not working for him, too. He turned to it for like a second or less and then turned back on me without me touching him.
I don't know what to suggest then, I've never had a problem using them. They don't last long but I'd say long enough to get at least one full stamina bar combo in on him if not two.

9 and a half fucking Gb?! I haven't played since August or something so I knew there were some updates to download but god damn son. Looks like i'll be playing tomorrow instead.

What makes it so bad? I actually liked the area though the poison swamp slowing your movement is something I dislike.
Slow movement in the swamp. So much debris blocking your path. Place is littered with little rocks and stuff that you can't walk over. For some reason I struggle to see in that terrain as well, so I keep running into debris.

I am not saying it is the hardest thing I've done in Souls, that belongs to S&O. I've only died 5 times in the area, I just don't enjoy being there at all.

Soulhouf

Slow movement in the swamp. So much debris blocking your path. Place is littered with little rocks and stuff that you can't walk over. For some reason I struggle to see in that terrain as well, so I keep running into debris.

I am not saying it is the hardest thing I've done in Souls, that belongs to S&O. I've only died 5 times in the area, I just don't enjoy being there at all.

Every time I go through that area I don't feel well. I literally feel sick.
But I can see they wanted to create an area fit for a nightmare with optical illusion and some uncomfortable sections.
In that regard it was a success both artistically and mechanically.
It became probably my favorite area because of that.

Dont forget the mini maze

myco666

Slow momevent is ass for sure. I hate it since it kills all the momentum as I like to run through everything. Luckily you can ignore most of the swamp and the one you have to cross is possible to run by sticking to the side.

I can understand why the terrain is hard to read but I really like the aesthetic it brings.

That includes the whole of the DLC (whether you want it or not!)

I knew it! Why would they do that? Makes no sense at all, since it'll likely be some time until I get to the DLC.

Anyways, I started over again and went with the Saw Cleaver because the Threaded Cane is just ... I dunno, I didn't feel comfortable wielding it as a beginner.

myco666

I knew it! Why would they do that? Makes no sense at all, since it'll likely be some time until I get to the DLC.

Anyways, I started over again and went with the Saw Cleaver because the Threaded Cane is just ... I dunno, I didn't feel comfortable wielding it as a beginner.

So that playerbase isn't divided by who has the DLC and who doesn't. This is a online game after all.

RDreamer

I don't know what to suggest then, I've never had a problem using them. They don't last long but I'd say long enough to get at least one full stamina bar combo in on him if not two.

Yeah, I dunno what to do about it. I tried all sorts of shit. I tried when he was closer, I tried when he was further, I tried when he was attacking Albert, I tried after Albert died. I tried targeting him and throwing and I tried throwing without being locked on. Nothing.

I don't really feel like farming for those again, too. I've only got one left so that's really not going to put me over the edge and at this point I'd have to farm for those, blood vials, and antidotes, so I might as well just use the 10k to open that damned gate instead.

Yeah, I dunno what to do about it. I tried all sorts of shit. I tried when he was closer, I tried when he was further, I tried when he was attacking Albert, I tried after Albert died. I tried targeting him and throwing and I tried throwing without being locked on. Nothing.

I don't really feel like farming for those again, too. I've only got one left so that's really not going to put me over the edge and at this point I'd have to farm for those, blood vials, and antidotes, so I might as well just use the 10k to open that damned gate instead.

Alfred himself is a pretty good Pungent Cocktail.

-Horizon-

I'll agree. I very much dislike the nightmare frontier. Then again its an optional area but still...rocks, poison, AND frenzy lmao.

And my first step into it and I meet a player hunter with a rakuyo I'm guessing. Couldn't even dent their hp bar lol
Got wrecked by them and I was like 'yep, gotta find the bell maiden and get rid of her because I ain't got time for that pvp bs'

I took that hunter out tonight as well. Except I used the stairs to lure him down and R2d him from a distance with Ludwig's. It felt cheesy but it was worth it for that sweet crow armor.

Whenever I tried to do charge attacks I'd just get visceraled >.<
lol

-Horizon-

Woooooow did they nerf
logarius
or something? I remember on my first play through having so much problems with him. I think it took me a few days to beat him. And I was like level 80 or 90 something when I did that.

Now I was only level 72 and I beat him on the first try lol. Whaaaat. I know people will say they have probably beat him at way lower levels and that he was easy but this feels like an accomplishment to me lol.

Woooooow did they nerf
logarius
or something? I remember on my first play through having so much problems with him. I think it took me a few days to beat him. And I was like level 80 or 90 something when I did that.

Now I was only level 72 and I beat him on the first try lol. Whaaaat. I know people will say they have probably beat him at way lower levels and that he was easy but this feels like an accomplishment to me lol.

Nope. Seems like you've just gotten better.

Top Bottom