• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Cant remember how to access this area.

Have you been there already? You'll have a lamp warp from the third or fourth tombstone (I forget which).

There are 2 lamps there. The farming spot is on the first floor, where you find a lot of students. Equip all your moon runes (IIRC) and you can make a lot of echoes per run, if you need to.

The game is seriously trolling me.
I just had the rare occurrence that two fellow hunters joined me in my quest against Amygdala.
And I get blown up by the very first laser shot she fires of before even the first blood has been drawn from her.

*nervous twitching*

Raptor

Have you been there already? You'll have a lamp warp from the third or fourth tombstone (I forget which).

There are 2 lamps there. The farming spot is on the first floor, where you find a lot of students. Equip all your moon runes (IIRC) and you can make a lot of echoes per run, if you need to.
I have been in the second floor and I went down the stairs already chatted with Patches and I wonder can I open that door? where patches was hanging, because in my previous run I chatted with him but me on the other side.

Ferr986

The game is seriously trolling me.
I just had the rare occurrence that two fellow hunters joined me in my quest against Amygdala.
And I get blown up by the very first laser shot she fires of before even the first blood has been drawn from her.

*nervous twitching*

I supose you did beat it? I can help otherwise.

I have been in the second floor and I went down the stairs already chatted with Patches and I wonder can I open that door? where patches was hanging, because in my previous run I chatted with him but me on the other side.

Yeah, open that door and go straight across for the other lamp.

Alright, time for some good ol farming!

I want to at least reach 45 BT.

:O
Dont't forget the runes. A tip also, run into the hall, and then run back into the side room. It will aggro and funnel all of the students through the connecting doorway, so you can just steamroll them. Then use a bold hunter's mark to reset.

I think Gilbert does a decent job on giving you objectives in Central Yharnam (first try the bridge and once you realize bridge is closed he tells you to go through the sewers). He also gives the 'main objective' for the first third which is to go to Cathedral Ward. Then Albert also hypes Byrgenwerth a lot so you know to go there once you realize Grand Cathedral was a dud. Problem with Gilbert though is that he is very easy to miss.

Granted it could be little bit more specific especially what to do after BSB. Dropping down the Healing Church Workshop is still probably most obtuse and counterintuitive thing to do.
Other than that I think it is clear enough where you need to go next.

The guy in the window? Like that guy is highly missable , why he didnt have a proper body to have a presence in the game. he just simply suggest you to do things, while Gehrman or the doll just gives you random quotes instead of doing their job outside subtle telling you going to old yharman

myco666

The guy in the window? Like that guy is highly missable , why he didnt have a proper body to have a presence in the game. he just simply suggest you to do things, while Gehrman or the doll just gives you random quotes instead of doing their job outside subtle telling you going to old yharman

Like said the problem with him is that he is very easy to miss. I missed him entirely on my first playthrough. But point is he gives you main objective for the first third of the game like Crestfallen Warrior gives you objective to ring the bells. Both are suggestion on how you or where you should proceed. Outside of what to do after BSB I wasn't never questioning where to go next. I always knew where to go so I think the game did a decent job on telling what to do next so I don't really think Doll or Gehrman needs to tell you more than they do.

edit.
Does anyone know why the game does not have a pause function? Almost killed Logarius, then real life happened.

Because it is a always-online game.

grmlin

I play offline

Anyway. Logarius is such a bad boss. He is glitchy and bugged, every time I see him he does different things. Last time he "forgot" to do his transformation into phase 2. That's not fun.
The try before he spawned his sword attack thing into a building.

Veelk

Banned
I play offline

Anyway. Logarius is such a bad boss. He is glitchy and bugged, every time I see him he does different things. Last time he "forgot" to do his transformation into phase 2. That's not fun.
Do you mean he just didn't do it, or that you stuck your weapon up his ass when he was powering up? He doesn't power up if you manage it.

I agree about having a pause if your playing offline like me though.

grmlin

He skipped the "stagger the sword into the ground" part completely and started flying.

The best thing about this boss are the gargoyles dropping weapon upgrade material.

myco666

I play offline

The try before he spawned his sword attack thing into a building.

The game is still designed as a online only game. They were just fair enough to give people who have bad internet connections to play it offline.

Logarious going into phase two without having the 'power up moment' is really annoying. Swords that spawn into the building should drop down though or at least that what happens to me.

Veelk

Banned
I already beat him, but how do you handle him once he goes into his power up phase? He becomes unstaggerable, so facing that seems almost pointless.

grmlin

I think he is just somewhat cheating/ not fighting fair. That's all. And so far it's the only boss in BB where I have that feeling. I'm not done though.

I was doing perfectly fine. Parrying the shit out of him. He had maybe 10% health left. He spammed the sword then. Like in one is down immediately place a new one. ALL THE TIME. I tried to ignore them but they staggered me with every hit and in the end I was dead.

myco666

I already beat him, but how do you handle him once he goes into his power up phase? He becomes unstaggerable, so facing that seems almost pointless.

When he does the power up stance do a charge attack on his back + visceral. Negates the buff totally.

myco666

I know that. I'm asking what do you do when you miss that window of opportunity.

Ahh sorry. Jump off the roof?

Missing that sucks big time and best bet is to keep dodging since parrying doesn't work. So pretty much hit once or twice depending on weapon and run away rinse and repeat. He has few moves that are rather easy to backstab so it is not all lost but honestly I usually just kill myself if he gets the buff.

grmlin

So after the struggle with Logarius I thought it was a good idea to fight the one reborn. And it was. Well, using the flamethrower is a little bit like cheating but I thought I deserve this type of good feelings 😬

Another question. I know there is something like a super madmans knowledge. I have it on my first char but can't remember where I found it. Any tips? Thanks

So after the struggle with Logarius I thought it was a good idea to fight the one reborn. And it was. Well, using the flamethrower is a little bit like cheating but I thought I deserve this type of good feelings 😬

Another question. I know there is something like a super madmans knowledge. I have it on my first char but can't remember where I found it. Any tips? Thanks

Where you can find them: http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Great+One's+Wisdom

ch4fx_

FUCK. THE. FORBIDDEN. WOODS.

I was hoping this area would be more tolerable the 2nd time around, but of course it isn't. What am I going to miss by running through?

FUCK. THE. FORBIDDEN. WOODS.

I was hoping this area would be more tolerable the 2nd time around, but of course it isn't. What am I going to miss by running through?

An armor set, some lightning blood gems from the emisaries and a non important rune right at the begining and another one near the boss on the other side of the road leading to a big gravestone.

ch4fx_

An armor set, some lightning blood gems from the emisaries and a non important rune right at the begining and another one near the boss on the other side of the road leading to a big gravestone.

Of course, the Graveyard Set. Guess I'll stay a while & get aquatinted.
yay

Top Bottom