• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
My friend cannot join a game with another friend and myself. Any ideas? Does BL2 use specific ports?

We have no clue right now, the only temporary fix I've found that works is turning on DMZ in you router for your PC's IP. Of course I'm hoping there's a real fix soon since I really don't want to do that.

So I didn't played the first game. About how long of a ride should I expect?

I'm sort of considering holding out until the mecromancer class drops since I'm drowning in stuff to play right now.

Razek

Banned
So I didn't played the first game. About how long of a ride should I expect?

I'm sort of considering holding out until the mecromancer class drops since I'm drowning in stuff to play right now.

My guess would be the absolute minimum of 20 hours if you are a very good player and skip every single side mission, do zero exploring, ect.

Awww, that's kind of lame. Now I'm never going to use it :(

Thanks for the answer.

Gav47

They really need better pacing on some of these missions, I feel like I've been trying to rescue Roland for the past 90 mins.

BigDug13

The chest in sanctuary should've had a warning as I used my key by accident.

In a way, I'm glad STEAM didn't have the preorder content right upon release or else I would have done the same thing. Instead of told me it was locked because the golden key isn't in my inventory yet.

You can't leave a loot chest out there without a sign! We open loot chests!

There's alot of that golden key thing happening...they should probably fix it and reimburse people

1259985644398.jpg

that's ludicrous. reimburse them with what? Its called the key to the SANCTUARY CHEST -__-

In a way, I'm glad STEAM didn't have the preorder content right upon release or else I would have done the same thing. Instead of told me it was locked because the golden key isn't in my inventory yet.

You can't leave a loot chest out there without a sign! We open loot chests!

verify game files in steam and it will download the pre-order dlc. seems to have gotten skipped while downloading for some reason

BigDug13

verify game files in steam and it will download the pre-order dlc. seems to have gotten skipped while downloading for some reason

Yeah I know that now, but luckily I didn't know it prior to attempting to open that chest that would have eaten my golden key. Now when I activate the content, I know better.

Grisby

2 questions guys.

1)Is the golden key in your inventory from the start? I don't see it but I got some of the premiere club guns I think.

2)What is this Shift code thing in the extras in the start menu?

Thanks buds.

Long distance phaselock + sniper rifle = hnnnnggg.

2 questions guys.

1)Is the golden key in your inventory from the start? I don't see it but I got some of the premiere club guns I think.

2)What is this Shift code thing in the extras in the start menu?

Thanks buds.

You can see how many keys you have when you bring up the inventory screen/menu.

Chair, tissues on the floor and posters of Moxxi in a metal container LMAO. Fuckin hillarious.
http://i.imgur.com/JeRvE.jpg?1[/MG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uifAo.jpg?1[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UX2QL.jpg?1[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/neXBw.jpg?1[/MG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rDd3M.jpg?1[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0MbgD.jpg?1[/IM][/QUOTE]
Where might this place be?

Ryuuga

Banned
Anyone having issues creating a game with friends lately? I've been trying to join my friends game and viceversa for the past 20 minutes now to no avail. What gives?

Razek

Banned
Some thoughts (ranting) on the side quests:

They really need better pacing on some of these missions, I feel like I've been trying to rescue Roland for the past 90 mins.

I was just coming here to say this. I've spent enough time with this game now to realize that, while they did an awesome job improving the gameplay overall, the mission structure and sub quest system is still very subpar.

It's my first time through this game and I'm not having any fun doing side quests. "Then don't do them dummy!" Well, you would think they would have fixed this. No, it's actually worse this time. Why are they making me run through a huge mega long map that I've already been through with low level enemies that do nothing but shoot me, annoy me, and harass me while killing them is absolutely pointless because they give near zero XP? It's stupid fetch questing to the absolute extreme, and the rewards aren't even worth it. Everyone is better of just trudging through the main missions and ignoring the side ones all together.

This is bad game design. I want to fight cool bosses and hard enemies. Not be told to go shoot objects with a specific gun, then run back. Then go click this object 10 minutes away, then come back. Then go do this and that and blah blah blah. Oh, now the quest line is ended and I'm ditched in the middle of nowhere with a 10 minute run back. It's faster just to quit and reload, but I won't be able to do this in a coop game.

I want to shoot things and feel like I'm accomplishing something while doing it. Fighting low level enemies and getting crappy rewards just sucks. And no, I'm not overleveling. I'm doing these missions the moment they become available to me. The way the game is structured, you are already past their level going through an area just once (doing story stuff).

Remember guys [developers], less is more. If you don't have the time to give us cool worthwhile encounters, then don't add padded fluff in place just to bolster the quest count.

Everyone, please stop posting every fucking reference, boss subtitle, encounter etc. I actually wan't to experience the game on my own. This is worse than the RDR thread.

Don't.... read this thread? Seems like a pretty simple fix.

Unicorn

Game runs amazingly well for on my gtx 460!

1600x900 on my tv, with controller, max everything but AF @ x4 and highest physX.

Glorious. Obviously there were dips in framerate at times, but nothing like the mess BL1 is, with all the screen tearing and awful FOV
KuGsj.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
i think they just upload to your steam screenshots, the overlay pops up and you upload them from the steam screenshot manager
Cheers I finally closed it after 16 hours and they popped up even though my overlay isn't working.

Looking for anyone early 20's to party with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom