• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
oh. well if it doesn't auto loot it's staying there even if it drops 10k dollars.

What finger going to fall off if you loot stuff the old school way?

Not necessarily bad, but I'm surprised they decided to allow players to farm bosses this time around.

Just goes to show how confident they are in their loot system if thats the case. But seems like this time around there is a far less amount of chests to do runs on, which means farming bosses would be the solution to that. So at least some sort of effort has to be put out in an attempt to gain something rare. Even though after most boss fights there seems to usually be a chests somewhere.

Razek

Banned
They need to turn the game volume down more when there are people on the echo talking. I can't hear anything anyone is saying half the time.

What finger going to fall off if you loot stuff the old school way?

Just goes to show how confident they are in their loot system if thats the case. But seems like this time around there is a far less amount of chests to do runs on, which means farming bosses would be the solution to that. So at least some sort of effort has to be put out in an attempt to gain something rare. Even though after most boss fights there seems to usually be a chests somewhere.

I haven't found anything yet that seems horribly exploitable (especially compared to editing an .ini file for infinite weaponry zing!). I think I like it better this way. If someone is determined enough to farm those bosses, I say let em!

Nelo Ice

Banned
So badass rank hack, dupe glitch, and editing an ini file for infinite keys. O and who knows how many people can't play a single co-op game thanks to connection timeouts.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So badass rank hack, dupe glitch, and editing an ini file for infinite keys. O and who knows how many people can't play a single co-op game thanks to connection timeouts.

Also the game are bugged. I think i already experienced two glitches under than two hours.

1) If two people checked telescope at same time then we would get frozen in same position and can't do anything but menu. (and my friend said that he said he got discovered message but still frozen)

2) Do Not Harm (Tannis Quest) isn't working correctly as it should be.

Parakeetman

They need to turn the game volume down more when there are people on the echo talking. I can't hear anything anyone is saying half the time.

I haven't found anything yet that seems horribly exploitable (especially compared to editing an .ini file for infinite weaponry zing!). I think I like it better this way. If someone is determined enough to farm those bosses, I say let em!

Over exploits Id say look for real problems that prevent progression in the game. Such as getting stuck in things seems to be a common problem.

Exploits in general can take a back burner position due to the fact this isnt an MMO and fixing things that will actually ruin the experience for players such as once again game progression issues or other issues that cause irritation for the player should be addressed first.

While its not everyone and am sure folks in the same country are complaining of the connection timeout issues, ever wondered if a lot of these issues are also caused by people who are using VPN type of software while playing which screws with ones internet connection dropping the speeds and such? Id reckon that would be something to consider seeing how many people are / have used the VPN solution (myself included) to obtain the game. While others are using it in tandem with playing online via the steam platform.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I found this area right near the beginning of the game
just before you get the quest to start off the chain of getting into Sanctuary...even though my screenie says that.

4D71034FCA90C1B3DFF1ED769C572EA4EF1C97D0

6A44F38402BD45C9B889BCDA865395463A6BE2B1

Turns out that if I try and walk to where that white area is in the second picture, I just fizzle out and die. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be here or not, but it seems SUPER intentional since getting here doesn't require any funky jumping or wall glitching...

Nelo Ice

Banned
Also the game are bugged. I think i already experienced two glitches under than two hours.

1) If two people checked telescope at same time then we would get frozen in same position and can't do anything but menu. (and my friend said that he said he got discovered message but still frozen)

Great wonder how long till they can fix that along with the freaking timeout issue which is the most irritating for me right now.

Over exploits Id say look for real problems that prevent progression in the game. Such as getting stuck in things seems to be a common problem.

Exploits in general can take a back burner position due to the fact this isnt an MMO and fixing things that will actually ruin the experience for players such as once again game progression issues or other issues that cause irritation for the player should be addressed first.

While its not everyone and am sure folks in the same country are complaining of the connection timeout issues, ever wondered if a lot of these issues are also caused by people who are using VPN type of software while playing which screws with ones internet connection dropping the speeds and such? Id reckon that would be something to consider seeing how many people are / have used the VPN solution (myself included) to obtain the game. While others are using it in tandem with playing online via the steam platform.

I would love if they would fix co-op connection issues soon since me and plenty of others can't connect to a single game. The exploits probably wont be a problem since I'm playing with friends but damn the game is broken yet again. People are getting the issue everywhere VPN or not. People have also reported that they were playing co-op last night and all of sudden today it stopped working period. Others can't even get a single temporary fix to work like turning off their firewall, turning on dmz etc. I'm in the US and I can't connect to a single person's game right now. Last night I was miracously able to connect 2 friends games and 1 friend still couldn't connect to me so the only way we could even all play together was to connect to the one friends game that allowed us to connect.

Parakeetman

So I found this area right near the beginning of the game
just before you get the quest to start off the chain of getting into Sanctuary...even though my screenie says that.

4D71034FCA90C1B3DFF1ED769C572EA4EF1C97D0

6A44F38402BD45C9B889BCDA865395463A6BE2B1

Turns out that if I try and walk to where that white area is in the second picture, I just fizzle out and die. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be here or not, but it seems SUPER intentional since getting here doesn't require any funky jumping or wall glitching...

If that happens then yes it should be a pretty obvious sign that you dont belong there. The first game they handled no no locations the same way too or with the automated turrets that surround the continent at specific locations

Great wonder how long till they can fix that along with the freaking timeout issue which is the most irritating for me right now.

I would love if they would fix co-op connection issues soon since me and plenty of others can't connect to a single game. The exploits probably wont be a problem since I'm playing with friends but damn the game is broken yet again.

Seeing how they made the game for co-op am sure with all these reports being out a fix is in the process. But as with anything things related to networking issues in games take time to fix. Its not something simple like swapping out a misplaced object in the world, fixing a texture.

If you want a fix faster at least go take the time out to write up a post at the official tech support forums. The more detailed data they have the better.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
i cant connect to my friend via co-op and he can't connect to me... though i can play random online games just fine. is there a workaround for this?? (PC)

Nelo Ice

Banned
i cant connect to my friend via co-op and he can't connect to me... though i can play random online games just fine. is there a workaround for this??

Nope there's no real fix and people have tried all manner of things with some working and some not. Turning off your firewall, turning on DMZ for your computer's IP, restarting steam, and verifying the cache have been some of the fixes that worked for certain people. I've tried all that along with opening every port imaginable and the only fix I've gotten to work is DMZ which I don't want to use.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So is loot with 2+ people significantly better? I'm enjoying exploring and scrounging at my own pace, but I hate to think that I'm missing out on crazy shit because of that.

Parakeetman

Ive gotten stuck from interacting with an object, which wasnt a telescope. But it managed to fix itself somehow. Kept opening and closing the menus worked for some reason. All other keys for movement and whatnots didnt have any function.

On the boat that has the first real red chest you find in the first area in the far corner of the map dont jump around behind the chest. You will get stuck in the corner thats the closest to the cabin of the ship.

Unicorn

are you kidding me? a monkey could edit an .ini file. How could they let that be so easy?

because it doesn't matter that much, but it did seem they wanted to slowly drizzle them out to players (preorders, signing up for their online service, etc.)

Parakeetman

are you kidding me? a monkey could edit an .ini file. How could they let that be so easy?

And Id say all you are doing is ruining your own experience by messing with it and getting a bunch of undeserved purple guns.

BigDug13

So is loot with 2+ people significantly better? I'm enjoying exploring and scrounging at my own pace, but I hate to think that I'm missing out on crazy shit because of that.

Nah, you just find more loot since there are 2 people. If there are 4 people, you find a bunch more loot. But if you figure that you're splitting this loot with the rest of the team, you pretty much have the same chances to find something nice, or maybe less chance depending on how loot-whorish your team is.

LQX

Anyone still waiting on a "Shit" code for a golden key? Its kind of pissing me off so many got one and I did not and I'm guessing its because their shitty server would not even let me confirm my account earlier.

Dizzy-4U

so i went back to do old quest. i can't run through the fence since i already blew up the fence lol. so that quest is broke?
Haha, that also happened to me. Make the quest active and then quit the game. When you go back in, the electric fence is back on.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Nah, you just find more loot since there are 2 people. If there are 4 people, you find a bunch more loot. But if you figure that you're splitting this loot with the rest of the team, you pretty much have the same chances to find something nice, or maybe less chance depending on how loot-whorish your team is.

Cool - this makes me feel better. I love playing co-op with certain folks, but others, not so much.

DanielJr82

Borderlands 2 tried to be funny at me and my friends for two hours. Nobody laughed at all.

This game tries way too hard and thinks it is way funnier than it actually is.

Nevertheless the game is good. I just wish it went back to the less is more approach of the original in terms of humor.
Not my experience. A friend of mine, his two friends, and I cracked up quite a bit. I think the game is pretty funny.

Derrick01

Banned
Looks like the game just missed the 100k concurrent mark on Steam. It could still hit it tonight but usually by now the number counts start going down. It's less than 1200 away right now and capped out at 99,600.

Razek

Banned
Is there a fix for the .NET loop yet?

Check the last couple of pages in the borderlands 2 PC performance thread. I think I saw one in there.

Anyone else getting a bunch of weird audio issues?

Sometimes sounds are super loud. Other times they are quiet. I can't ever hear people talking to me on the echo communicator during battle because they don't lower the game volume enough. If I tamper with it, other sounds during normal non battle become too loud/quiet. Is this what you meant? I'm not getting any distortion or anything.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How did you figure out what to do there? I had no idea what 'slingers' were until I went deep into the quest log where they explained it.

I spent a lot of time wandering at the beginning of the game (and got swarmed by 4 of them early), so I made an educated guess, haha. Worked in my favor! Also, I'm hoping that turning the quest in won't revert back to the original name. I like it the way it is right now.

Razek

Banned
I spent a lot of time wandering at the beginning of the game (and got swarmed by 4 of them early), so I made an educated guess, haha. Worked in my favor! Also, I'm hoping that turning the quest in won't revert back to the original name. I like it the way it is right now.

I liked that too. So far the main quests have been very fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom