• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Log4Girlz

Yes, yes it does. Instant death doesn't seem to lose it as I fell off a cliff after bailing from a Runner and instantly died. Respawned with my stacks.

But bleeding out, having 200+ stacks by the time I dropped dead... I respawned with nothing. Not just that one time, every time I bleed to death I lose them.

Yeah, doesn't it expressly say that Anarchy quickly degenerates with second wind.

Chris R

Beat the game last night, not a single purple or orange from the final boss :( Well, I take that back, there may have been an orange gun but it was wedged UNDER the boss making it UNLOOTABLE :(

Now to finish of all the side quests in playthrough 1 before moving onto #2.

Raxus

Beat the game last night, not a single purple or orange from the final boss :( Well, I take that back, there may have been an orange gun but it was wedged UNDER the boss making it UNLOOTABLE :(

If you went through Hero's pass again the loot would still be there. It is a hassle but at least you would have a free orange.

Chris R

If you went through Hero's pass again the loot would still be there. It is a hassle but at least you would have a free orange.

Tried to leave out the exit available to people on the lower level but I couldn't get back to the zone from that exit so I just said screw it as I didn't want to fight through Hero's Pass zone again (it was late and I was tired).

Shoot it's side while it is up. The shield reflects bullets back to you.

Unless you mean the typical blue shield. If it has shield bots then destroy them asap.

Finally beat that piece of crap. I just went right up to its face and unloaded my SMG right in its eye. When my shield went down it auto napalmed everything around me until it began to regenerate.

happened to me the one and only time I've finished the game. How does this make it past QA? If this isn't fixed by the time PiratesBooty hits then it's clear as day, Gearbox it totally fucking with us. we shouldn't have to manipulate the game to get our gear.

Anybody have a good Gunzerker build for using pistols? Seems like it could be fun to mess around with.

haven't tried it myself but I'm Your Huckleberry + Mod and the Sheriffs Badge
images

Chris R

happened to me the one and only time I've finished the game. How does this make it past QA? If this isn't fixed by the time PiratesBooty hits then it's clear as day, Gearbox it totally fucking with us. we shouldn't have to manipulate the game to get our gear.

It would be nice if it would just despawn after a few minutes :( Even tried killing a few rakks to make it despawn but that didn't work.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

haven't tried it myself but I'm Your Huckleberry + Mod and the Sheriffs Badge
images

I knew those basics, I was looking for something a bit more detailed. Between dual wielding pistols for the quest where you fight The Sheriff and remembering the fun I had with a pistol build on Mordecai in the first game I figure a full on pistol build would be pretty great but I'm in TVHM now so I know I can't really screw around with a bad build without getting murdered.

steadfast

After several shitty nights, I finally got the Warrior to give up a Gentlemanly Volcano and a Critical ConCall.

Now I just need a legendary SMG and pistol which I don't see talked about much.

Are there any truly great ones?

Wunder

Any info on my final boss question? At this point I do like one circle and check for purps/orange and then just leave. This is getting depressing.

Torraz

Around halfway through the story, and I'm getting a bit tired of the game, but DAMN the writing is excellent. Handsome Jack is such an evil asshole. I'm going to see this through, just for the story.

Tobe

qq about a mission
clan wars, im at the end of the mission who is better to side with, the hodunks or zafords???

Maaseru

Banned
So the game has become unplayable to me :(

I'm by the entrance of Dust and my car keeps sinking into the ground and I can't drive. Last time I fell through a hole and died and it fckn charged me. I do want to continue playing to keep falling through the ground all the time W T F!

ShogunX

So the game has become unplayable to me :(

I'm by the entrance of Dust and my car keeps sinking into the ground and I can't drive. Last time I fell through a hole and died and it fckn charged me. I do want to continue playing to keep falling through the ground all the time W T F!

Join somebody's game and get back to Sanctuary so you autosave - Then when you reload you should load up in there.

Wunder

something unlocks if you give enough money to moxxi?

just got three marcus,but it gave me a purple one whose only good thing it's that it is a pistol with a 70-shots magazine

Yup, using the $100 tip, if you give her enough she will give you a purple SMG (that I think is corrosive most of the time) based off the story mission's level. Tip her some more and she will give you another purple SMG that is always fire and also is based off the story mission's level. You can repeatedly tip her to get the fire SMG, but you can never get the corrosive one again, or you may be able to in PT2, not sure. You can basically use her as a 'free' fire SMG giver when you are low on guns. Unfortunately fire isn't a great element late in the game so it may not help you much.

abundant

Unfortunately fire isn't a great element late in the game so it may not help you much.

I disagree with this so much. As a Siren, fire weapons are down right Godly. Ruin + Wreck + fire SMG destroys any organics without a shield in under a second. If they have a shield, strip it away with a shock weapon, then do step 1.

Wunder

I disagree with this so much. As a Siren, fire weapons are down right Godly. Ruin + Wreck + fire SMG destroys any organics without a shield in under a second. If they have a shield, strip it away with a shock weapon, then do step 1.

Of course. But late game you won't really find many flesh enemies. Hyperion soldiers are mainly shield/armor, Loaders are all armor, and skags and threshers have a ton of HP. I'm not saying fire is a crappy element, it's one of the best at what it does, but you just don't get much use out of it later in the game.

FrankT

it's possible to get really good loot from slot machines or it's better to keep the money?

Got a really great assault rifle at 40(orange) from them at that time. Though I dropped 7 million last night in them and nothing really special. Though money isn't really an issue at this point. So might as well try

Slightly tired.

Any PC Borderlander mind carrying a level 37 through Terra and Warrior on TVHM? I just want the money. Not so much the items...though if you want to give them to me I wouldn't complain.

Anyone can join. Also, I'll be dropping some level 40-ish orange weapons that I don't need.

We can start with Warrior runs. I think I'm at the end of my TVHM playthrough so we have to get there first, unless someone is already there that can take us.

abundant

Of course. But late game you won't really find many flesh enemies. Hyperion soldiers are mainly shield/armor, Loaders are all armor, and skags and threshers have a ton of HP. I'm not saying fire is a crappy element, it's one of the best at what it does, but you just don't get much use out of it later in the game.

You will still come across lots of flesh enemies late game, especially after you beat TVHM, where everything gets bumped to level 49 - 52. And shields mean nothing when a shock weapon eats through them so fast. As a Siren, you should always keep a high leveled fire/corrosive/shock weapon with you at all times.

Wunder

Anyone can join. Also, I'll be dropping some level 40-ish orange weapons that I don't need.

We can start with Warrior runs. I think I'm at the end of my TVHM playthrough so we have to get there first, unless someone is already there that can take us.

I'm there. Might be laggy though, playing from SEA.

You will still come across lots of flesh enemies late game, especially after you beat TVHM, where everything gets bumped to level 49 - 52. And shields mean nothing when a shock weapon eats through them so fast. As a Siren, you should always keep a high leveled fire/corrosive/shock weapon with you at all times.

Yeah, that's true I suppose. Actually been having a hard time finding decent elemental weapons. My top 3 weapons are non-ele Shottie, AR and SMG right now :(

I prefer corrode over fire if only because it look cooler.. even though I'm only 1/3 into TVHM I find corrode much more useful.

Though I like using shock grenades over almost everything else.

Naite

I knew those basics, I was looking for something a bit more detailed. Between dual wielding pistols for the quest where you fight The Sheriff and remembering the fun I had with a pistol build on Mordecai in the first game I figure a full on pistol build would be pretty great but I'm in TVHM now so I know I can't really screw around with a bad build without getting murdered.

I'm using a pistolzerker right now (I was also a gunslinger in BL1) and I had a bit of trouble in the beginning of TVHM but now it's going better than I expected it to work. I put most of my skills into improving gunzerker time/cooldown. Down and Not Out is pretty important as well. My last few skill points were divided between Divergent Likeness and Money Shot.

When working my way through the game I mostly swore by a decent Jakobs gun as my primary, a slag pistol as my secondary for gunzerking (preferrably a non-Maliwan so you don't keep reloading), a corrisive pistol for loaders, and an explosive pistol for the shield enemies that give you trouble. I also had to doing a lot of long range shooting with a sniper especially at the beginning of TVHM because gunzerking wouldn't last too long. Towards the end of the game I'm dual wielding 2 Maggies and 2 unkempt harolds (completely wrecks those constructors or tight crowds of enemies).

I prefer corrode over fire if only because it look cooler.. even though I'm only 1/3 into TVHM I find corrode much more useful.

Though I like using shock grenades over almost everything else.
Corrode is the shit.

I mean, I feel like half the foes in this game are robots, so it makes sense to have a gang of corrosive weapons ready to go.

That said, I've found very little use for shock and slag weapons to date. Or, I haven't found a time when I'd rather be using some other elemental weapon or a plain high-powered Jachobs. I tend to just keep a single shock pistol for dealing with an enemy who's shield isn't falling fast enough with some other gun, but that's been about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom