• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

Once you have five point or more into Close Enough it stops mattering how inaccurate you are just look in the general direction of your target and fire. The bullets home onto enemies even cloaked ones. If you really want to worry about accuracy Moxxie's Heartbreaker, the Octo, and Lascaux all have fixed accuracy since they fire in a set pattern.
Nice, forgot about the set pattern weapons.

I was playing with a GAF'er who was farming Terra - I wanted to see how many levels I'd go up to when I brought in my level 1 Gaige. Got from level 1 to 8 in one go, then Terra dropped a level 50 Mechromancer class mod too =p

Atruvius

Kill Warrior....boss dying animation plays, all the loot is in the air...for some reason Warrior falls on all of the loot.

T_T

I'm going to take a break.

Yeah, really annoying. The boss should break apart and disappear after a while. I had him land on some orange item, don't know what it was. -.-

It was under his hand or wing. No way to get around him as there were lava behind him.

If you leave the room hes in the corpse despawns, which is what Log4Girlz was referring to.
Oh yeah, just noticed that ammo goes down quickly with that. Hmmm...

Is there another Pitchfork that doesn't burst fire like that?

All Dahl weapons behave the same way so no there aren't any Pitchforks that fire a single shot when scoped. You guys should see the Invader its another sniper rifle, but fire in bursts of five instead two trigger pulls and you have to reload.

Kill Warrior....boss dying animation plays, all the loot is in the air...for some reason Warrior falls on all of the loot.

T_T

I'm going to take a break.

yea, they need to address that.

Legendary Sniper: Liquid Pitchfork

It'd be good against large bosses or enemies that are grouped.

i've got a few of those. not all that effective weapons, tbh. wastes a shit ton of ammo and never preferable to good shotty for a boss.

My game freezes constantly. So fucking annoying.

Anyways, JUST got the Challenge Accepted achievement. Jimmy Jenkins was the last challenge I needed. I'm sure people are already aware of the best place to find him, but if not here's a small guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/borderlands-2/173785-how-find-jimmy-jenkins.html

I used that to get him. Very reliable. Had to do this on TVHM since I already completed the side mission I needed on normal. After about 5 tries, he finally showed up.

Before Jimmy Jenkins, I had to get 750 point blank shotgun kills (which is also part of the Challenge Accepted achievement). So if you plan on going for it, I suggest you start using shotguns early on. I had about 250 kills when I actually started the challenge and had to spend about an hour and a half or so going through Tundra Express, killing all the Varkids.

Other than that, I need 2 more achievements (Zer0's and Salvador's) to get 50/50 before the DLC hits. I have a Siren and Commando at level 50 and would like to get the 3 other classes at 50 also before the DLC hits. I have a lot of work this weekend lol.

Between all my characters, I've played a total of 148 hours...and I'm nowhere near bored. No doubt about it...this is my GOTY.

maomaoIYP

Anyways, JUST got the Challenge Accepted achievement. Jimmy Jenkins was the last challenge I needed. I'm sure people are already aware of the best place to find him, but if not here's a small guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/borderlands-2/173785-how-find-jimmy-jenkins.html

I used that to get him. Very reliable. Had to do this on TVHM since I already completed the side mission I needed on normal. After about 5 tries, he finally showed up.

Before Jimmy Jenkins, I had to get 750 point blank shotgun kills (which is also part of the Challenge Accepted achievement). So if you plan on going for it, I suggest you start using shotguns early on. I had about 250 kills when I actually started the challenge and had to spend about an hour and a half or so going through Tundra Express, killing all the Varkids.

Other than that, I need 2 more achievements (Zer0's and Salvador's) to get 50/50 before the DLC hits. I have a Siren and Commando at level 50 and would like to get the 3 other classes at 50 also before the DLC hits. I have a lot of work this weekend lol.

Between all my characters, I've played a total of 148 hours...and I'm nowhere near bored. No doubt about it...this is my GOTY.

I've already finished doctor's orders =(

I just killed a Hot loader when it was way too close and there were no other enemies nearby. I don't think there is anything worse in this game than losing all 400 stacks of Anarchy at one time, except maybe suffering from a ninja loot.

Inskipp

Trying to get Varkids to transform to final is a pain in the ass.
I know right? I had like 2 ultimates, 7 super badasses and god knows how many other things running around me and couldn't get the final form after 30 minutes of kiting and herding.

I just killed a Hot loader when it was way too close and there were no other enemies nearby. I don't think there is anything worse in this game than losing all 400 stacks of Anarchy at one time, except maybe suffering from a ninja loot.

Dying doesn't make you lose Anarchy...

I've died before and had the exact amount of Anarchy as the moment where I respawned

MrDaravon

Hmmm, I'll have to give that a go. Already got the achievement, but working on maxing out all of the Challenges and I've still only got him the one time. I had been doing Opportunity runs while along the way killing the enemies in there to work on various Challenges, but that area presents better opportunities for that anyway.

VariantX

I know right? I had like 2 ultimates, 7 super badasses and god knows how many other things running around me and couldn't get the final form after 30 minutes of kiting and herding.

Huh? Thought the final form just shows up the first time on TVHM?That's literally what happened when we had to light the varkids on fire for that mission. Took like an good 30-40 minutes due to constantly dying in one shot from it.

Lan_97

Doesn't it?

I seem to lose mine, but maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Anarchy loss seems buggy in general. Unless the rate at which is drops during FFYL is supposed to be variable, I've seen it drop a couple stacks a second, once every few seconds, and none at all. I've never had stacks persist through death though, I assume you are supposed to lose them on death.

H3xum

I've died before and had the exact amount of Anarchy as the moment where I respawned

You definitely lose anarchy whilst dying

It's timed, though, so if you instantly hop back up with a second wind you might only lose a stack or two

1stStrike

Banned

The guy that developed the skill trees very specifically said during an interview that dying is supposed to make you lose your Anarchy stacks, so if you're not losing Anarchy then that's a bug and not the intended behavior.

The guy that developed the skill trees very specifically said during an interview that dying is supposed to make you lose your Anarchy stacks, so if you're not losing Anarchy then that's a bug and not the intended behavior.

I dunno

When I instantly died a few times I've respawned with my Anarchy stack at the same value

Not sure if it's consistent because I haven't really paid too much attention to it but I definitely kept it when I played earlier today

Inskipp

Huh? Thought the final form just shows up the first time on TVHM?That's literally what happened when we had to light the varkids on fire for that mission. Took like an good 30-40 minutes due to constantly dying in one shot from it.
It definitely does not, otherwise I would have got Vermi a long time ago. I can only attribute the events you've witnessed into blind luck.

Wunder

Does anyone have a 50 Mechro specced into Ordered Chaos? Or a 30+ Mechro, I guess? Reading a few reports on reddit about buggy Anarchy, Discord and Death from Above. :(

FrankT

Any reason for me to use my +5% loot on the Warrior? Got 4 Legandaries when I farmed him at 35. Got one so far at 50 with it, but not really sure if it is worth the slot for him.

DSmalls84

I farmed the Warrior quite a few times last night and got the Volcanoe sniper but no conference call, and I farmed Bunk3r for a while as well looking for the Sham. Are the drop rates for these items just super low? I spent about half the time farming Hunter Hellquist and got 2 Bee shields in the process.

Edit: I did find a Jacobs quad shotgun that does 7500 x 18 damage and has a large enough magazine to proc money shot. Is it even worth farming the conference call?

Log4Girlz

I farmed the Warrior quite a few times last night and got the Volcanoe sniper but no conference call, and I farmed Bunk3r for a while as well looking for the Sham. Are the drop rates for these items just super low? I spent about half the time farming Hunter Hellquist and got 2 Bee shields in the process.

I got a Sham pretty quickly.

Log4Girlz

Edit: I did find a Jacobs quad shotgun that does 7500 x 18 damage and has a large enough magazine to proc money shot. Is it even worth farming the conference call?

Yep.

You see, what you do is point them at bad guys and pull the trigger

But no seriously, is there something special about them? I got one from Jack last night and didn't notice anything different?

Its horrible, I can't get it to hit anyone, even when I'm near point blank.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Tried to farm The Warrior in PT1 for a while last night hoping to get a conference call while watching the debate and clearing out a bunch of stuff on my DVR. No oranges at all but I was able to stack up pretty good upgrades to my elemental sniper rifles, elemental SMGs, and rocket launcher.

Probably wasting my time not just running through PT2 (I'm at the Firehawk mission) but since I was only half paying attention I figured I'd do something mindless. Up to about level 37.

H3xum

Farming for the Bee at the end of PT1 with Zero because I want to go down the snipe tree during PT2

Probably a waste of time, but, does the Bee scale directly to your level or are the versions set, like a lvl 30, a lvl 35, a lvl 40, etc. (i'm level 34)

Log4Girlz

Farming for the Bee at the end of PT1 with Zero because I want to go down the snipe tree during PT2

Probably a waste of time, but, does the Bee scale directly to your level or are the versions set, like a lvl 30, a lvl 35, a lvl 40, etc. (i'm level 34)

It scales somewhat with level, so you would get a level 30ish one.

HoosTrax

A pt 1 Bee is always going to be around level 30, even if farmed by a level 50 character.

Wunder

Is there a circuit or a general place to look for Legendaries after killing the final boss? I always feel wary that I'm not searching every spot and end up wasting a lot of time searching every nook and cranny to the point where I honestly don't care about anything except oranges.

Unicorn

Yes, yes it does. Instant death doesn't seem to lose it as I fell off a cliff after bailing from a Runner and instantly died. Respawned with my stacks.

But bleeding out, having 200+ stacks by the time I dropped dead... I respawned with nothing. Not just that one time, every time I bleed to death I lose them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom