• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerranMG

You know what I hate? Weapons consuming 2 ammo per shot.
Do they tend to disappear as you level up further?
I'm currently a level 24 Siren. I'd guess that, once I start TVHM and weapons keep getting better and better, this will disappear, will it?

You have to avoid ACCEPTING the quests. Also, only avoid quests with blue or better rewards, those are the ones worth saving until level 50.

oh. i thought i should avoid talking to the side quests in general. nice to know i can accept some greens. definitely underleveled right now and i could use the xp

Jezbollah

Thanks for the responses folks. I did all the side quests in playthough 1, except for the timed missions. Loving THVM though.

Tried to ask before with no response.

Has the 360 version been repatched so losing bad ass rank isn't a worry?

I dont think it has. At the moment I'm just refusing to accept the patch when it prompts upon game launch. The patch size hasnt changed (3mb) so I'm thinking it hasnt changed. The only issue with not accepting the patch is that the game doesnt hook into 'Live - something I'm perfectly happy with vs the risk of losing a game save or Badass rank.

DSmalls84

I continue to farm the Warrior with no CC drops :(. I have found the Volcano, Leech, Jack Mask, and Impaler. I guess I just have really bad luck lol.

DryvBy

I hate to even ask but is there any PS3 players that are around level 25 that can dupe-drop me some orange gear? I have the worst luck finding anything.

MrDaravon

Tried to ask before with no response.

Has the 360 version been repatched so losing bad ass rank isn't a worry?

Nope. I wound up patching because of the DLC coming out next week and luckily I was fine.

I think it's important to distinguish that pre-patch this has always been an issue, but it seemed to primarily (maybe only?) affect people who played split screen. Once this patch hit though it seemed to hit some people that had never played split screen or had the issue before.

Ideally if they come up with a fix, they would be able to restore badass rank/points by having it rescan all of your characters for the challenges they have completed. Honestly though part of why I went ahead and patched is they've maintained almost complete radio silence on the issue other than saying a while back that they're looking into it, and that it's a "rare" issue. Since the badass rank/points are saved to your 360 profile I'm not sure if it's something they'll be able to fix.

abundant

oh. i thought i should avoid talking to the side quests in general. nice to know i can accept some greens. definitely underleveled right now and i could use the xp

Accept any quest that gives you Greens/Money/Eridium/Costumes. You don't want to be underleveled by the time you start facing enemies that are level 45 or higher, because the difficulty ramps up big time and requires you to have high leveled gear.

I'm really starting to enjoy Gunzerker now that I have 4 weapon equipment slots.

Got a corrosive SMG and shotgun paired up and a non-elemental rifle with an electric full auto pistol. First combo straight melts robots and the second combo is neutral enough so I can still give that work independently of the enemy type.

Maybe it's because I've created a few characters so I'm kind of bored of the early stages of the game, but man... The first 15 or so levels really suck. Skill points should be handed out more liberally. It takes a long while before the feeling that you're playing so and so class really kicks in

1stStrike

Banned
I'm really starting to enjoy Gunzerker now that I have 4 weapon equipment slots.

Got a corrosive SMG and shotgun paired up and a non-elemental rifle with an electric full auto pistol. First combo straight melts robots and the second combo is neutral enough so I can still give that work independently of the enemy type.

Maybe it's because I've created a few characters so I'm kind of bored of the early stages of the game, but man... The first 15 or so levels really suck. Skill points should be handed out more liberally. It takes a long while before the feeling that you're playing so and so class really kicks in

That's why I'm not overly keen on multiple play throughs with different characters since for at least the first 1/4 to 1/2 of the game they all play pretty much the same.

How long is the game ? Is the main story any good?

I think playthrough one clocks in at about 30 hours. The story itself isn't anything mind blowing, but it keeps the game moving along. A lot of the the strength comes from the humor, but it seems to be hit or miss for people. Some think its hilarious while other think its the worst thing ever. I'd suggest you look up the Echo communications for Gaige on youtube if you like those then you'll probably like most of the humor in the game.

metalshade

I think playthrough one clocks in at about 30 hours. The story itself isn't anything mind blowing, but it keeps the game moving along. A lot of the the strength comes from the humor, but it seems to be hit or miss for people. Some think its hilarious while other think its the worst thing ever. I'd suggest you look up the Echo communications for Gaige on youtube if you like those then you'll probably like most of the humor in the game.

30 hours? What did you do, skip everything? I was about 85 hours by the time I STARTED TVHM.

Inskipp

30 hours? What did you do, skip everything? I was about 85 hours by the time I STARTED TVHM.
Eh, it took me about 25-30 hours to beat the game first time with all the sidequests.

In contrast, one of my friends got to level 50 within 50-60 hours of playing the game.

But each at their own pace I suppose.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I have never seen that random guy in Sanctuary.

I have played all five characters. I've gotten them all to Sanctuary. I've beaten the game already, I've gotten to Sanctuary on TVHM, I look all around for him, I've never seen him.

When I was at my friends house, his brother kept on running into him on the PS3. My friend and I have it for PC and he hasn't seen him either.

Insaniac

I have never seen that random guy in Sanctuary.

I have played all five characters. I've gotten them all to Sanctuary. I've beaten the game already, I've gotten to Sanctuary on TVHM, I look all around for him, I've never seen him.

When I was at my friends house, his brother kept on running into him on the PS3. My friend and I have it for PC and he hasn't seen him either.

it was bugged on the PS3 he showed up 100% of the time when it should have been 10%. Was recently patched.

im level 21 with my mechromancer. Holy shit. Amp shields + Shotgun+ the skill where every kill nets you 20% more shield per rank. Im one hitting everything.

Eh, it took me about 25-30 hours to beat the game first time with all the sidequests.

In contrast, one of my friends got to level 50 within 50-60 hours of playing the game.

But each at their own pace I suppose.

25-30 with ALL sidequests? That's insane. I've played for 40 hours and I probably have another 15-20 left.

I started Borderlands 2 last monday. I chose Zero as my first character, and i played up till i reached lvl 10. Unfortunately, two days ago, my xbox power supply got fried and it got the red light. I can't play for more than 30 minutes or the power supply turns on the red light, and the xbox shuts down. I just ordered an original one for $30 bucks from ebay. But i'll be without borderlands for at least a week :(.

25-30 with ALL sidequests? That's insane. I've played for 40 hours and I probably have another 15-20 left.

I'm a little shocked at these times. I'm fairly methodical the first time I go through any game. I probably checked every single chest I could find and even went out of my way to do certain challenges. I did every side quest except the two arenas and Terra during my first go. It definitely did not take me that long to do everything.

microtubule

dalin80

Banned
You know what I hate? Weapons consuming 2 ammo per shot.
Do they tend to disappear as you level up further?
I'm currently a level 24 Siren. I'd guess that, once I start TVHM and weapons keep getting better and better, this will disappear, will it?

If anything they get more common and it gets quite annoying 'yay a nice combat rifle, oh it uses its whole magazine for one shot'. BL2 may have more weapons but BL1 had a far better range with decent guns that included things like zoom levels and ammo regeneration.

Jas

My game just glitched. It kept giving completions for "slag-licked" and over. 350+ times in an instant. My inventory got swamped with 350 copies of the same skin and now I have over 70000+ badass rank with 300+ tokens.

edit: I dashboarded and retried it, the glitch is here to stay. I've 99966 badass rank now. I don't want to get reset because gearbox messed up!

Yeah been having the same problem on PS3 :(

It makes playing my Maya useless until it gets fixed since anytime slag is used the glitch occurs.

Naite

There is one green mission you might want to save. The Lost Treasure in Sawtooth gets you the Dahlminator (e-tech pistol). The rest should be fine.

Gorillaz

If anything they get more common and it gets quite annoying 'yay a nice combat rifle, oh it uses its whole magazine for one shot'. BL2 may have more weapons but BL1 had a far better range with decent guns that included things like zoom levels and ammo regeneration.
I also feel BL1 has a better range of SMGs. I feel they basically gimped smg drops and doubled shotty/sniper drop rates.

I beat it today (finally) and got a Conference Call in return. Lucky me, I guess.

I am miffed that the "all quests" achievement is not attainable though, Level 50? Really?

My level 50 character is bordering on unplayable at the moment. Every single time I pass near a checkpoint the game pauses for a good 1-2 seconds. Started a new character and it doesn't happen. Installed on 360, btw. Just atrocious. I have no desire to buy the DLC if a fix isnt also delivered that kills these pauses.

Dizzy-4U

After 6 days of farming. I wanna cry right now...
1VZmG.jpg

So I just realized that the BL2 Season Pass I have will not work with my copy of BL2 (It wants BL2 RU edition :S)

Should've figured that $15 price was evil...

Someone sent me a message on PSN that you can unlock 60FPS on the PS3 version if you go split screen, then have controller #2 exit split screen. It will remain 60FPS for single player.

Is that true?

Finished my first playthrough. The final boss was near imposible with my siren. Does anyone know how I didn't get the world travler trophy when I have gotten all the ones for the individual locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom