• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got my key from GMG so pre-loading now on STEAM.

No key for the Season Pass form GMG, not sure if they are even getting keys now for that or closer to the launch of the first pack

rouken

Gearbox Community Day Borderlands 2 Livestream
Join us for the 2K live broadcast of Borderlands 2 from Gearbox Software’s Community Day in Dallas! Featuring livestreams of new Borderlands 2 gameplay, panels, and many special guests. We’re broadcasting live from Texas today beginning at 11:15AM Central Time, in celebration of next week’s launch of Borderlands 2!
http://www.twitch.tv/2K

S1kkZ

are there any gameplay videos of the console version? really worried about the framerate on consoles after watching the gb quicklook.

Punkroses

GMG just updated this on their fb. All users who bought Borderlands 2 should now have a key. You can check by logging in and looking on your keys Page in your account.

Raxus

I wonder if they will be playing on a retail copy on the livestream. Most videos I have watched have been demo versions of the game where everyone had unlimited ammo.

gotee12

Rec'd my GMG key, though I didn't get an email notification. Also my key registered as "Borderlands 2 Game and Premier Club DLC WW"...

mug

Ok I received the code for the BL2 steam version, however I didn't receive anything for the Season Pass... Is that something that shows up later?

Ok I received the code for the BL2 steam version, however I didn't receive anything for the Season Pass... Is that something that shows up later?

Probably. It's not Green Man's top priority, since it's going to be at the very least another month before the first DLC is released, so they have plenty of time to get Season Pass keys out, unlike the base game which is released Tuesday in North America.

Hindle

Banned
I hope Shopto ship this for Thursday, they used to always get games to you the day before they came out, they seem to have stopped it though.

I looked back a couple pages and didn't see anything. Is this normal for Greenman Gaming pre-orders for the game? This is the first time I've ordered from them. It's a different name and has a really limited amount of community features attached to the title.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Oh snap forgot about that, thanks.

(Also, you sure BL1 doesn't support cloud? I thought they added it a few months back)
i am not 100% sure but i am don't wanna test it right now =P

I looked back a couple pages and didn't see anything. Is this normal for Greenman Gaming pre-orders for the game? This is the first time I've ordered from them. It's a different name and has a really limited amount of community features attached to the title.

hdc5d.jpgs

try restarting steam?

Question: does a class mod count towards the total points in a skill tree? Say if I need 3 points to unlock an ability I need, does having a +3 mod to something in that skill tree give me enough points to reach it?

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Question: does a class mod count towards the total points in a skill tree? Say if I need 3 points to unlock an ability I need, does having a +3 mod to something in that skill tree give me enough points to reach it?
class mod would give you 3 points as long as you have 1 point in that skill. and if youve maxed that skill it will add 3 more giving you 8 in total.

XeroSauce

Game Informer podcast with Andrew Burch a few pages ago.

Oh right, I already listened to that. My mind is a blur right now.

Oh snap forgot about that, thanks.

(Also, you sure BL1 doesn't support cloud? I thought they added it a few months back)

BL1 DOES support cloud, but it's very wonky because of how badly it was implemented. I don't think it's Steam's fault, it's Borderlands, I've quit out of single-player games and then Gamespy told me I lost connection to server? Bam, all my progress was gone. >>

class mod would give you 3 points as long as you have 1 point in that skill. and if youve maxed that skill it will add 3 more giving you 8 in total.

Right, I guess what I mean is I get it'll count as stacking, but will it make my skill tree reach farther down? You have to put in 5 points to unlock the next skill, will a class mod count as adding towards unlocking skills?

Clott

When I click on "buy now" on GMG nothing happens, so frustrating!

I really wanna get in on the deal, can anyone else try and see if they meet the same result?

When I click on "buy now" on GMG nothing happens, so frustrating!

I really wanna get in on the deal, can anyone else try and see if they meet the same result?

Is this your first time ordering from them? If so, did you activate your account via the email they sent you?

What do you get for being a BL1 veteran?

bl2_vaultveteranrewards_22680.nphd.jpg

"Vault Veterans" will receive "exclusive character customization elements," namely character heads and skins (pictured above). These items are unlocked when save data from the original game is detected. The promo applies to all platforms: PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Wag

GMG just updated this on their fb. All users who bought Borderlands 2 should now have a key. You can check by logging in and looking on your keys Page in your account.
Got mine. Thx for pointing it out. Pre-loading is not much of an issue on my 75/35 FIOS connection though.:p

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
But you have to have atleast one point in that skill? Can't be a skill that you haven't touched? It won't "give" you that skill?
no

Right, I guess what I mean is I get it'll count as stacking, but will it make my skill tree reach farther down? You have to put in 5 points to unlock the next skill, will a class mod count as adding towards unlocking skills?
i don't think so.

XeroSauce

But you have to have atleast one point in that skill? Can't be a skill that you haven't touched? It won't "give" you that skill?

Doesn't seem like it, but don't quote me on that. It WAS like that in BL1 as far as I can remember, but I think that they changed it.

Nah, it's just a bonus to a particular skill, it doesn't add to your tree.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
depends on how fast they play lol. hope they get 4 players to beef up the difficulty.

I hope they don't just show the game. Tom said lots and lots of giveaways and special guests on the stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom