• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
Umm, wow, they certainly buffed the rockets in this game 0_0
iby1PvjXwD0v4e.png

Mupod

So what's everybody feeling like they are going to run as their primary weapon type?

I was going to go dual shotgun Salvador but after finding a Jakobs pistol they're amazing. Massive damage and they shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Gunzerking is a little odd in that right mouse fires the left gun and vice versa. I understand why it's this way (alt fire is left trigger on consoles but right mouse on PC), but it'd be nice if they had put in an option to switch it for that specific case. Or maybe they have one and I didn't see it. Sucks to be stuck at work.

Oh, also +1 for revolvers with no fire rate limit. Being able to shoot as fast as you can click is awesome. I was always good at insane pistol shots with R1 on COD games and I love being able to clickity click my mouse as fast as I can. A revolver with elemental should be sick.

Yep, I loved revolvers in the first game. I was having trouble early on with the story quest, died a couple of times. Found a Jacobs Revolver and I was good to go. Can't wait to get some with elemental damage.

I went with the Siren and I gotta say, I'm really loving it so far, much more than I thought I would. Dat Phase Lock!

Edgeward

I was going to go dual shotgun Salvador but after finding a Jakobs pistol they're amazing. Massive damage and they shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger.

Gunzerking is a little odd in that right mouse fires the left gun and vice versa. I understand why it's this way (alt fire is left trigger on consoles but right mouse on PC), but it'd be nice if they had put in an option to switch it for that specific case. Or maybe they have one and I didn't see it. Sucks to be stuck at work.

There is. It is under gameplay.

Waiting for UPS to show up. Probably another 5 hours.

So what's everybody feeling like they are going to run as their primary weapon type?

I am having a hard time deciding. I prefer assault rifles in most shooters, so probably that, but if some really awesome SMGs or pistols consistently drop for me, I might use those more often. Sniper rifles will definitely be secondary.

Anyone going to sp through game?

I am. Most of my time with this game will be spent in single player, most likely.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Anyone know what ports need to be forwarded? Seems that's the issue since I'm getting timeouts when trying to connect to nearly anyones game.

DarkKyo

I'm so torn between what skill tree to pursue for Zer0. I love sniping but I feel like I'll miss out on the fun decoy/melee stuff.

Anyone having more fun with one or the other?

Razek

Banned

I'm working gunzerking too. So far, I've been using it as a utility skill only for healing and getting ammo back. I choose to play a sniper game after seeing how good they feel and I feel kind of bad the primary function of gunzerking is going to go to waste.

They compensate by making Rocket ammo really hard to find and primarily buy-only.

Ah! So instead of being lame nerfed weapons in BL1 they actually went for the 'powerful but rare' approach most FPSers take on rockets? I like that.

Double D

I'm so torn between what skill tree to pursue for Zer0. I love sniping but I feel like I'll miss out on the fun decoy/melee stuff.

Anyone having more fun with one or the other?

My plan is to fill the bloodshed tree and then max out a few of the accuracy/critical skills from the Sniping tree. Not touching Cunning whatsoever.

Dude Abides

Banned
Bit the bullet and pre-ordered yesterday. Looking forward to checking this out tonight. I quit the first one about halfway through.

abundant

My plan is to fill the bloodshed tree and then max out a few of the accuracy/critical skills from the Sniping tree. Not touching Cunning whatsoever.

Cunning tree is good for those who played as Lilith in BL1. Unforseen gives you the elemental damage when you deactivate Deception and Innervate gives you the health regen bonus, basically turning Deception into Phasewalk 2.0.

I haven't seen this asked yet, but I'm still on the fence on which version to get. I really want the PC one, but one thing in Borderlands 1 killed it for me - the hacking. How does Borderlands 2 handle saves and the like on PC? Server-side? If everything's local again, I'll just grab the 360 version. That kind of stuff ruins the online experience for me.

epmode

Regarding level scaling, how does the game handle a high level player joining a low level player's game? Will the high-level player absolutely murder the low level enemies or will the monster level be adjusted accordingly? Grouping was tough in the first game because of the lack of level scaling!

Anyone else feel like the gore is very toned down in this? I used snipers a lot in BL 1 and I remember gratuitous head explosions. Not seeing that in 2 at all.

Yeah got back home from work! :)

1. So EU folks is anyone doing vpn and how has it been going any problems?
2. And the USA peeps how are you enjoying the game so far?

Is there already a general consensus?

Regarding level scaling, how does the game handle a high level player joining a low level player's game? Will the high-level player absolutely murder the low level enemies or will the monster level be adjusted accordingly. Grouping was tough in the first game because of the lack of level scaling!

it will tell you if it's a good match or not before you join, but yeah, if you're more than five levels above, you'll be one-shotting everything.

Saterium

The latest WHQL drivers have a BL2 SLI profile...? Is it busted?

Seemed that way to me, although maybe it's an issue on my end. With my SLI 560 Tis, latest drivers and 1080p - I was getting around 25 FPS. When I turned SLI off, it was getting around 50-60 FPS.

Gotchaye

Played until level 13 last night, slept on it.

Like everyone says, sniper rifles are amazing in this, even without Zero's sniping tree. The game's much harder and longer (judging by time to level up) than the first. It's Borderlands but better, except they cruelly taunt me with animations and voice acting from NPC Lilith.

My only real complaints so far have to do with the shopping. The shop interface is visually less useful than the one in the first game, and is only better overall because of mouse wheel support. Also, ammo is so ridiculously cheap that it's never a significant expense, but I still have to click through each type of ammunition, multiple times, in order to fill up. Either make ammo free and auto-fill it at ammo stations, or at least give me a "fill all to capacity" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom