• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
This game is pretty awesome. Even at level 6 I feel like a badass playing as Zero.

One question - is there any way to increase the level of peril? What I mean is if I die, I just rematerialize at the last checkpoint. Then I just run back to the spot where I died and continue the fight. The enemies I previously killed are still dead and the ones I injured are still down on health. It reminds of Bioshock, where you could just endlessly die and respawn until you finally ground down even the toughest bosses.

Is there a way to make it so when you die you have to restart a fight from the beginning?

So what's everybody feeling like they are going to run as their primary weapon type?

GUNS.

Deadstar

Am I the only person playing with a controller on PC?

I'm playing with a controller. Figured it's better than keyboard/mouse but I'm not sure.

Anyone that's played a little further, does the music play different songs in different or later encounters? I've been in the same area and I've only heard one "battle" song. Seems like music is more prevalent than the first game but it's a little louder so maybe I realize it more.

Kyou

Whoops

accidentally blew my gold key within seconds of starting again =\

Me: Hey a chest *opens* ...wait a second

Right click game > Properties > Local Files > Verify game cache

Thanks, Jambi. I'll try that when I get home from work. Can't wait to play some more :D

I got Maya to level 6. Phaselocking is just awesome, and the skills that get attached with it are looking good, especially on the support side. Team mates are gonna love me.

Cheska

I was going to, but after doing the "symbiosis" quest and barely scraping by, I'm no longer interested in playing by myself. I'll just have to wait if/until any of my friends get the game.

Are you playing it on PC or console? I could play a couple of missions with you.

it looks like some of the DLC preorder stuff isn't working right now. google around some forums. Looks like you can restart steam and verify the game cache and it might work

It appears no matter if you have a key or not. You just can't unlock it.

Also, in co op games, whomever uses their key on the chest is the only one that gets to see the loot. It stays closed for everyone else unless they use a key to open it.

The chest is always there, you just need the key to open it which you get once the DLC is installed or whatever :)

gotcha. thanks guys!

Razek

Banned
Am I the only person playing with a controller on PC?

Seems like quite a few of use prefer controllers. I'm using a Dualshock with motion joy and having no problem sniping heads. I wish you could turn up the sensitivity a bit more past 10 though.

--
So, I'm pretty excited about slag weapons. I like that they are adding even more support options for coop games!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/09/18/game-theory-borderlands-2-fails-to-generate-joy-puke/

Ask me what I think about Borderlands 2 from Gearbox Software, and I’d tell you about its dubious, convoluted plot. I’d talk about a mind-boggling array of guns and loot. At no point, though, would I ever say I was ready to “joy puke” my face off, as the game box predicts players will do.

The sequel to the highly acclaimed 2009 Borderlands game goes on shelves Tuesday in Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions for around $60. At that price point, the first-person shooter, published by 2K Games, inevitably invites comparisons with the Halos and Calls of Duty games already out and due to come in the next few weeks and months. Borderlands 2 falls short because it’s missing several key elements you need to have in a 2012 first-person shooter game – most notably, a rich multiplayer online mode. There’s an extremely limited four-player cooperative mode, and if you have an Xbox Live Gold account, you can team up that way, but this isn’t the type of deeply engrossing FPS game the headset-wearing COD crowds gather to play months and months after release. In comparison, I read on several sites that COD: Black Ops 2 will feature up to six teams, for a total of 18 simultaneous players, in multiplayer mode.

tumblr_m6ijhgI3AR1rug9d0o1_400.gif

This game is pretty awesome. Even at level 6 I feel like a badass playing as Zero.

One question - is there any way to increase the level of peril? What I mean is if I die, I just rematerialize at the last checkpoint. Then I just run back to the spot where I died and continue the fight. The enemies I previously killed are still dead and the ones I injured are still down on health. It reminds of Bioshock, where you could just endlessly die and respawn until you finally ground down even the toughest bosses.

Is there a way to make it so when you die you have to restart a fight from the beginning?

GUNS.
Eh? if you die or all of your party dies, enemies get all their health back. Definitely had those moments where I was fighting a tough guy only to die when he had a sliver of health left then had to try to whittle him down again.

Did I go and fuck some shit up? I have preorder from Steam (EU) I had today in game library "Borderlands 2 premiere club" double clicked it and then it begun to start/load something. I forgot the window all together and started to pre-load Borderlands 2, changed my download location from sweden to finland (was getting slow and this has helped me earlier) and now I do not have that "premiere club" thing on my games list anymore. It's supposed to disappear?

SLV

Fuck you 2K games !

Cot5a.png

Why the hell would i have to play the game in Russian, if i live in Europe, and pay in Euros ???

Borderlands 2 will not see my money for this, gifted from Uk/Us or whatever, same shit as Skyrim, but that was not available at all....

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The review gets even better at the end

As a $30 impulse buy, priced about the same as games like “NASCAR Unleashed,” I wouldn’t have a problem recommending Borderlands 2 as a fun diversion. At twice that price, though, I think it’s fair for players to demand the whole magilla – cutting-edge development, engrossing campaign gameplay, scads of downloadable content, a rich social media/community experience, sharing of loot and gear and online multiplayer modes that keep you and your friends coming back until the next version of the game comes out.

WSJ Review - As a $30 impulse buy, priced about the same as games like “NASCAR Unleashed,” I wouldn’t have a problem recommending Borderlands 2 as a fun diversion. At twice that price, though, I think it’s fair for players to demand the whole magilla – cutting-edge development, engrossing campaign gameplay, scads of downloadable content, a rich social media/community experience, sharing of loot and gear and online multiplayer modes that keep you and your friends coming back until the next version of the game comes out.

Wait, what!? Are you shitting me, he is saying BL2 doesn't have those things? This guy high or just stupid?

I'm so pumped, B2 works on my laptop even though the processor is below official min specs. It was the only component that was not good enough (in theory) but it seems the game doesn't care.

So yeah, awesome!

FStop7

Banned
Eh? if you die or all of your party dies, enemies get all their health back. Definitely had those moments where I was fighting a tough guy only to die when he had a sliver of health left then had to try to whittle him down again.

That's weird, because in my game that's not what's happening. I died fighting Boom Boom twice and each time I came back the minions I'd killed were still dead and Boom Boom's health was still worn down. Same goes for Captain Flynt. Died like 3 times and each time I came back his health worn down to where it was when I'd died.

Razek

Banned
Finally got un-lazy and stuck the SMAA injector in there. Makes a massive difference on the black outlines of everything. I recommend everyone do this, it's super simple and doesn't cost much performance if any.

Gotchaye

At least he recommends the PC version, or maybe it was still $6 too much.

Finally got un-lazy and stuck the SMAA injector in there. Makes a massive difference on the black outlines of everything. I recommend everyone do this, it's super simple and doesn't cost much performance if any.

What does this do?

Gav47

Were did you put it? In the top folder or in the folder with the executable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom