• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the rest of your rig look like? I have
athlon II 645 3.1ghz (quad core)
4 gb ram
ati 6950

I'm getting 60 in most areas. Only during a tense firefight when I look across a vast expanse does it ever dip below, and even then not by much. I have a below average western digital "green" hard drive so that isn't likely a factor either. Do you have the latest drivers?

i5-2500K 3.3GHz
4 GB RAM
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3
Catalyst 12.8

edit: hm okay sounds like something on my end. I'll have to look into it.

Ultimadrago

So, what's everyone's impression so far?

I'm getting my copy this afternoon. So excited :D

I'm having fun with it.

I am honestly surprised with how well it's running on high. Borderlands 1 didn't run well as well even on Medium with the same laptop.

I haven't gotten any great weapons so far, but I'm sure they'll come around. I'm prepared to find my destined main arsenal to love and cherish.

Only played for a few hours last night though. Today, I have the whole day to myself! >:D

DarkKyo

I got really bored really fast with Borderlands 1 and didn't even get out of the starting area. Any feelings on what specific elements are better in this one?

I'm only 4 chapters in but the setting is soooo much better. Seems like the scenarios and the types of enemies you fight are more well done as well. The bosses have been a lot of fun.

I just wanted to confirm there is no console cross play with PC users, right?

I was hoping somehow, someway there would be a Portal 2 like option with this game on PS3. ;)

berva

Neo Member
Got a golden key for signing up to Shift from the main menu of the title screen under Extras.

BF0DU.jpg

Orayn

UPS hasn't brought me my copy yet. :(

Is the intro song this time around really the intro song from Strikeback? If so that's awesome!

The very same. It's awesome because my friend and I had been talking about how well Borderlands and blues-rock fit together months before we knew anything about BL2. Lo and behold, it has a blues-rock intro song.

ttocs

I'm getting no work done today. All I can do is stare at screenshots and videos for BL2 in anticipation of when I get off and can play the game.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I got really bored really fast with Borderlands 1 and didn't even get out of the starting area. Any feelings on what specific elements are better in this one?

If you didn't like the first one, you're not going to like the second one. It's a good sequel, but according to the reviews doesn't really break any new ground.

Everything

I'm only 4 chapters in but the setting is soooo much better. Seems like the scenarios and the types of enemies you fight are more well done as well. The bosses have been a lot of fun.

If you didn't like the first one, you're not going to like the second one. It's a good sequel, but according to the reviews doesn't really break any new ground.

Fair enough, I'm gonna give this one a shot, thanks for the replies. If nothing else, it's tough to pass up any title in the dwindling library of local co-op games.

harrytang

i'll be honest and say when i first played BL1 i got quite bored with it. when back months later and really got into it, but still found it a little slow single player.

BL2 feels like a new game, same concepts of course, but remaking every system shows how far polish and refinement can take a game.

JChalmers

Neo Member
I'm getting no work done today. All I can do is stare at screenshots and videos for BL2 in anticipation of when I get off and can play the game.

This, keep on getting distracted by screens and posts on the official forums/here.

Trying to do as much work as I can though so the time will fly by but coding HTML for Amazon product listings isn't the funnest thing to do.

Torraz

Not sure if I want to spend 36 euros now :(. Kinda enjoying GW 2, playing big booby ninja girls on 3ds and have a backlog... Also not sure if I have a coop partner, but BL 1 was so much fun.

The pacing in the first two hours of this game is much better than BL1. The enemy AI is immediately more challenging too. The AI movement and reactions have made the combat all the better. Can't wait to get back home tonight and play more.

Lothars

I got the PC version as a gift and had it preloaded so I tried it out for a little bit last night, It seems good, more borderlands which isn't a bad thing. After reading the Giant Bomb Review, It was exactly how I feel about it as well.

I do have the console version coming as well and I am looking forward to trying that out once it gets here.

I haven't followed this thread too closely, but is anyone else getting a significantly lower FPS in multiplayer?

I get 60+ maxed at 1080p single player, but I am getting a lot of choppiness playing with my friends.

i5 2500k @ 3.2 ghz
GTX 670
8gb ddr3

I haven't followed this thread too closely, but is anyone else getting a significantly lower FPS in multiplayer?

I get 60+ maxed at 1080p single player, but I am getting a lot of choppiness playing with my friends.

i5 2500k @ 3.2 ghz
GTX 670
8gb ddr3
Played coop with one other person last night. No fps issues. Playing on Asus g74s

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Hi guys. Great game so far! My friend and I are on PC and we're about 2 or 3 hours in. We're having a mission problem though, and think it could be a glitch....

The mission is "Bad Hair Day". We collected all of the required Bullymong Fur in Southern Shelf and would like to return them to Hammerlock. We then returned to where we first met Hammerlock in Southern Shelf, neither he nor the Claptrap is there.

In fact, there is not even a quest diamond flashing on the screen indicating exactly where the quest return spot is. We have been looking for Hammerlock for a while and he's simply disappeared. Can anyone tell us where he is or where we're supposed to go to find either him or the claptracp so we can turn this stupid quest in?
Sanctuary

SparkTR

I'm liking the game a lot. I was kind of hesitant because I put 40 hours into Borderlands 1 just two weeks ago and was extremely burnt out with that, but this one feels different enough that it's fresh.

The gameplay feels way smoother, much better feedback when shooting enemies. The guns are way more varied as well. The visuals are insanely better, much richer art, more reflective surfaces and looks less washed out. The PhysX effects make the game feel much less static (which was one of my big issues with BL1) and adds some always welcome visual flare and feedback to combat. Overall I think it's pretty great.

Frostburn

Loving the game so far! I played from the midnight launch on Steam till around 2am with 2 buddies. Graphics look great on PC, digging the new areas and everything looks better than the first to me. New weapons are fun, its almost hard to find a "Normal" gun so far, everything does something crazy which is cool. Killing the first boss and seeing all those guns spill everywhere was great, reminds me just how much I loved BL1. As others have said, the AI is better this time around to the point where using a pistol without a scope or zoom is tough to take down enemies at a distance because they typically won't give you much of a target. However popping heads with a zoomed sniper rifle is just amazing. The dialog in the game is good so far and the story seems cool. The Borderlands humor and crazy characters are defiantly here and crazier then ever. Can't wait to play more tonight after work!

Razek

Banned
Everything

I'm not joking. It's still borderlands, but this man speaks the absolute truth. EVERYTHING is better. The guns this time, no hyperbole (lol), are seriously COD tight.

The sniper I've been using for most of the last 2 hours feels exactly like the SVD except with tighter scope aiming.

Sniper rifles are actually useful in this game, holy shit!

Plus they're easier to use too.

Actually, they were the most powerful weapons in BL1, and from what I've seen, it's the same deal here. If you can hit those crits often, you do more damage than any other weapon could ever dream of doing.

---
Edit: You know what's one of my favorite additions to this game? All the stats aren't hidden anymore. You get to know definitively what the recharge delay, proc percentage, and proc damage are. I LOVE that. I hated having to do mental math all the time beforehand.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I don't seem to see a key for the preorder stuff on GMG, so I guess I didn't get it?

Not sure how it's gonna work once it unlocks for me (Europe), but when I registered my key from GMG on Steam, I'm pretty sure it mentioned the preorder bonus in parentheses after the title. So it's definitely connected to it in some way.

So after reading a few posts. From a scale from 1-10(1 being shit and 10 being the greatest game ever made) what would u guys give?

And another question how do u get these golden keys? Buying them or getting them via loot?

HoosTrax

So after reading a few posts. From a scale from 1-10(1 being shit and 10 being the greatest game ever made) what would u guys give?

And another question how do u get these golden keys? Buying them or getting them via loot?
I think I have two so far:

1 from the pre-order Premier Club bonus
1 from signing up for Gearbox's Shift website

Frostburn

Too early for me to judge, having only played about 2 hours but I would say its at least an 8 and probably closer to a 9 or 9.5 if it keeps up the quality level. I'm sure after another 10 hours or so I'd be able to tell you what if anything I dislike about the game.

Derrick01

Banned
Actually, they were the most powerful weapons in BL1, and from what I've seen, it's the same deal here. If you can hit those crits often, you do more damage than any other weapon could ever dream of doing.

I found them almost useless unless you got a headshot, which I guess is the same here, but in this game they're a lot easier to handle. And they feel better to use too.

Oh, also +1 for revolvers with no fire rate limit. Being able to shoot as fast as you can click is awesome. I was always good at insane pistol shots with R1 on COD games and I love being able to clickity click my mouse as fast as I can. A revolver with elemental should be sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom