• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING: Nintendo NDS conference at 2:30pm (Japan time)

The pic Nintendo obviously omitted:

dslinkcable.gif

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
BuddyChrist83 said:
Brilliant move on Nintendo's part - by not announcing the game lineup, they've given themselves a bunch of ammo just in case PSP steals too much thunder.
I don't think saving games was for counter strikes. I think they decided to anounce this info now to trump the PSP conference a bit, already having planned to announce final games in october. Only really hardcore people are going to reserve it before then, having a date, price point, and prospective titles in franchises gamers recognize (Goldeneye, Need for Speed etc) is enough for now.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Brilliant move on Nintendo's part - by not announcing the game lineup, they've given themselves a bunch of ammo just in case PSP steals too much thunder."

... that might not be all they have up their sleeve....

DrLazy said:
Methinks thats a little short.
Always a conservative estimate from Nintendo. I would say similar to the SP, but since it's backlit on two screens that definitely would effect the power consumption.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Deku Tree said:
For any game? That's gotta be taxing on the battery to do all that wireless data transfer.
I'm sure it can play just like the GBA can, it doesn't mean they always will (and with limited features).

BuddyC

scola said:
I don't think saving games was for counter strikes. I think they decided to anounce this info now to trump the PSP conference a bit, already having planned to announce final games in october. Only really hardcore people are going to reserve it before then, having a date, price point, and prospective titles in franchises gamers recognize (Goldeneye, Need for Speed etc) is enough for now.
Seriously, where is this October stuff coming from? I'm so groggy already.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to see it is coming in black I will be picking that up if I get one (Also nice to see nintendo taking its multi color launch practice and selecting more mainstream options).

Battery life is not bad considering it is powering two screens, with better hardware than GBA and also communicating wirelessly. I wonder is sleep is always activated when you close it or if it stays on when closed like the GBAsp.

Did we ever get a confirmation on GBC and GB cartridge compatibility?

Will GBA games be able to link up wirelessly?

Brofist

FACT SHEET
Launch Date and MSRP: Nov. 21, 2004, in North America ($149.99)
Dec. 2, 2004, in Japan (15,000 yen)

wow it's actually launching cheaper in Japan, 15,000 yen is more like $135.

impirius

scola said:
Glad to see it is coming in black I will be picking that up if I get one (Also nice to see nintendo taking its multi color launch practice and selecting more mainstream options).

Battery life is not bad considering it is powering two screens, with better hardware than GBA and also communicating wirelessly. I wonder is sleep is always activated when you close it or if it stays on when closed like the GBAsp.

Did we ever get a confirmation on GBC and GB cartridge compatibility?

Will GBA games be able to link up wirelessly?
I think the "silver and black" might referring to the two-tone design of the system seen in the pictures... the bottom part is black. I would like to see an all-black unit, though.

I think GBC and GB compatibility was ruled out a while back.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Deku Tree said:
For any game? That's gotta be taxing on the battery to do all that wireless data transfer.
It only needs to send the data for the game into the ram once for every "load" (Level, race etc) not resending redundant data every time. The only thing it would constantly sending back and forth would be play data. Unless nintendos engineers are stupid and don't like efficiency.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i wonder... is there an option to turn off the back light on either screen if you want to conserve battery power?

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
DCharlie said:
"Brilliant move on Nintendo's part - by not announcing the game lineup, they've given themselves a bunch of ammo just in case PSP steals too much thunder."

... that might not be all they have up their sleeve....

*sigh*

Okay, what do you know....?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
BuddyChrist83 said:
Seriously, where is this October stuff coming from? I'm so groggy already.

Oct. 7th is an already anounced date of more info on the DS, that is when they will likely announce games etc for launch. Final features and stuff.

When that was announced people thought it would be way too late for price and launch date info... and as of todays conference they were right ;)

impirius said:
I think the "silver and black" might referring to the two-tone design of the system seen in the pictures... the bottom part is black. I would like to see an all-black unit, though.

I think GBC and GB compatibility was ruled out a while back.
:( x 2

Can't win them all though.

scola said:
Oct. 7th is an already anounced date of more info on the DS, that is when they will likely announce games etc for launch. Final features and stuff.

When that was announced people thought it would be way too late for price and launch date info... and as of todays conference they were right ;)

As well as the stuff DCharlie is holding out on us. :D

Celicar

Banned
I think it's going to be huge. Nintendo is very smart to release it the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I'm sure it'll sell like crazy on Black Friday.

Think I might order a few for ebay. Hmmm...

GDGF

Soothsayer
Isn't there still an announcement tomorrow (with Reggie and the NOA cast) at about 7:00 AM or so? I thought this was just the Japanese announcement (with some US PR)

Edit: And I'm sure that lowball 6 hour figure is with Wi/Fi enabled.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If Japan really is getting it early at a cheaper price and the system is still region free, then import get

Although that would make the press release a lie...

Sho Nuff

Banned
I refuse to get excited until I can figure out what I'm actually going to PLAY on it.

(And when I play "whiteboard" via MSN Messenger, all I do is draw cocks until I get bored and go do something more interesting)

Top Bottom