• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING: Nintendo NDS conference at 2:30pm (Japan time)

mosaic

go eat paint
Gre-e-e-a-a-t... I can just imagine being assaulted by unwanted invites and "hellos" from the other folks living in my apartment building. I hope they'll program a way to shut that damn feature off for those of us that absolutely hate 99% of other human beings. The other 1% being hot girls who were initially brought up Amish.

BuddyC

mosaic said:
Gre-e-e-a-a-t... I can just imagine being assaulted by unwanted invites and "hellos" from the other folks living in my apartment building. I hope they'll program a way to shut that damn feature off for those of us that absolutely hate 99% of other human beings. The other 1% being hot girls who were initially brought up Amish.
Yea, but imagine the retaliation of crudely drawn wang!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
GDJustin said:
When one DS finds another on a train, you can't just start yelling "WHO HAS THE OTHER DS AROUND HERE?!?"

I see the DS has a built in "'That motherfucker is crazy' looks" supressor. Well played Nintendo.

aoi tsuki

Erimgard said:
You obviously haven't realized that Pictochat is a fantastic way to set up multiplayer games.
That's definitely possible. It's also possible you could just look around to see who was hunched over, who pulled out something out of their pocket and might be looking around, listen to where the indicator sound came from (assuming it's audible) or find the nearest guy that looks like a gamer, or at least one hardcore to buy a system at launch. On that note, it'll be interesting to see who the other person is. THe DS will put a face on the gamer that buys a handheld, whom you may never thought would do so. ii'm sure there'll be a few stories of people who fell in love with the person they met by chance after battling. Good stuff.

GDGF

Soothsayer
aoi tsuki said:
THe DS will put a face on the gamer that buys a handheld, whom you may never thought would do so. ii'm sure there'll be a few stories of people who fell in love with the person they met by chance after battling. Good stuff.

Great point, aoi. The NDS is a very social device. Nintendo's ultimate communication tool. I'm sure there will be a high percentage of female buyers (even higher than the GBASP's), so maybe you will find some hot female gamer to have a go with:)

Told ya it was like the Love Getty :)

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I heard 9.665422065858249068509138660253 X E-16 to 3.2218073552860830228363795534177E-15 light years...

Bah, it's late.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't believe it's a demo. The article would have clarified it if it was. And usually Nintendo does stupid things like give out demos for My Nintendo members :p

I gotta believe...

DrLazy

I would say not to look too much into the mainstream press, but one would think Steven Kent would know the difference between a game and demo. He's a gamer after all.

Meier

Considering the USA Today had the first image of the DS, I think it's fairly safe to assume that MPH will indeed be packed in if they claim it will.

That's a great point, but if the DS media is really as cheap to produce as Nintendo claims maybe cart demos have just become feasible.

AniHawk

1. Well, I guess this was much bigger news than I was expecting, which was nice.
2. I don't mean to tell you guys "I told you so" when I said the system was probably going to be $149.99 four months ago, but I told you so.
3. Fable is driving me nuts.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Flynn said:
As a lefty, I can't get terribly excited about the DS Metroid. I found it difficult to control at E3.

Guess you'll have to use the alternative control scheme they've been talking about since E3, then :)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Flynn said:
As a lefty, I can't get terribly excited about the DS Metroid. I found it difficult to control at E3.
since the cross-pad and abxy buttons are essentially the same thing, it'd be smart of nintendo to provide the option to swap their functionality... though it'd probably be a software implemented feature rather than a hardware one, in which case it wouldn't be Nintendo's sole responsibility.

AniHawk

It sounds like Nintendo might've been taking suggestions at E3 to heart. Apparently, guys at PGC suggested that Nintendo include PictoChat with every DS, I complained about the buttons being way too small, there were also complaints about the hardware's appearance in general, and there were complaints about the sound being mono, or non-stereo or whatever.

It could have been Nintendo's plan since before E3.. but it's interesting nonetheless.

Flynn

Lost Weekend said:
Guess you'll have to use the alternative control scheme they've been talking about since E3, then :)

How does this alternative control scheme keep my stylus hand from blocking the screen?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
So when the NDS is turned off, while it still automatically be turned on if someone sends you a message? Or do you have to have it on to be in sleep mode? Having it in sleep mode, wouldn't that drain batteries?

Pictochat is neat feature, but we already have cellphones for mobile messaging. World-wide at that.

US $150 is a good price though. If they go even lower in the near future, I'll most likely buy one.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Kiriku said:
So when the NDS is turned off, while it still automatically be turned on if someone sends you a message? Or do you have to have it on to be in sleep mode? Having it in sleep mode, wouldn't that drain batteries?
i'm pretty sure it has to be in sleep mode.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
and have wifi turned on?

I'm all for saving batteries, but having a wifi switch means lots will switch it off, which kind of defeats the purpose of pictochat, other than for premeditated pictosessions - like trying to make your colleagues laugh while on an important telephone call.

Hey, no email to spy on = worksafe tomfoolery!

Top Bottom