• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I only have the standard but I prefer it for its size since I do carry it around with me.

I wouldn't mind Nintendo releasing a sleeker version of it mind. DSi still trumps it in looks.

So last night I dreamed I was banned from Gaf for posting an inoffensive joke. Later on I saw that people were getting banned across the site for ridiculous reasons, before making a snarky comment about moderation becoming more harsh.

It was all too real.

Reknoc

Which leads me to ask Britgaf, am I the only one that prefers a normal 3DS over the XL? Screen is nice but the device felt too plastic-y.

The XL is so much better. Everything about the original 3DS felt cheap and awful, the top lid wobbled, the bottom screen left marks on the top screen, if not straight up scratching it, the 3 buttons at the bottom of the screen were even worse than the rest of the buttons. The XL may be a little wider but it's also much thinner.

The original 3DS had a cooler stylus though.

Danj

So last night I dreamed I was banned from Gaf for posting an inoffensive joke. Later on I saw that people were getting banned across the site for ridiculous reasons, before making a snarky comment about moderation becoming more harsh.

It was all too real.

If you're dreaming about GAF it's probably a sign that you need to play more games and post less on GAF :)

Hystzen

Ok time for Dark Sous also going to play it differently

I want you guys to tell me what to put my souls into and what class to start with. Was going do a thread in gaming but thought test it here.

So what class should I start with is first question

Those who have no idea about the game

Deprived is not as hard it the site says it probably easiest class imo

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Well, it's the father of the modern third-person shooter. Sure, RE4 may still rock the tank controls but the over-the-shoulder camera is still an industry standard.

Anyway, it's one of the few games that never slows down, and has level designed built to match the game mechanics to the nth degree. Everything you do in that game is so immensely satisfying, it's ridiculous.

People still rave about RE4 because, quite frankly, there hasn't been a game as good as it since. The only thing that comes close are the Galaxy games.

Best member of BritGaf? I say yes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can you buy a charging cradle for the 3DS XL? I know it's just a lump of plastic with two prongs, but it sure is a handy bit of plastic.

EDIT: I see you can, but you have to get a plug with it, which I really don't need.

Suairyu

Banned
Well, it's the father of the modern third-person shooter. Sure, RE4 may still rock the tank controls but the over-the-shoulder camera is still an industry standard.

Anyway, it's one of the few games that never slows down, and has level designed built to match the game mechanics to the nth degree. Everything you do in that game is so immensely satisfying, it's ridiculous.

People still rave about RE4 because, quite frankly, there hasn't been a game as good as it since. The only thing that comes close are the Galaxy games.
The problem with RE4 is that it peaks in the village area. Castle and Island are let-downs and tactically inferior in comparison.

It's still fun through-out, but after the initial opening "oh shit there's enemies everywhere", and then the siege of the cabin, you've already seen the best the game has to offer.

RE5 then had that glorious executioner opening area that even managed to top the village in RE4. Pity the rest of the game wasn't as good.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I wish Shadows of the Damned hadn't been so shitty/a Suda51 Grasshopper game. I loved the main character (Garcia FUCKING Hotspur), and it had concepts and humour that would have made it a great RE4 successor, but then in comes the metric ton of jank, rushed development and sloppyness around the entire affair that made it a super chore to play. Fucking Grasshopper games man, the jank is just too much.

Sun out in Leeds. I had forgotten what the non grey sky could look like.

The Village is clearly the best of the three but all 3 acts are so well crafted it doesn't really matter. Plus, bits like the Regenerator introduction and the Jack Krauser fight in Act 3 offer a whole different kind of tension and thrill respectively that I can't really compare them to the opening siege. Oh, plus It, which combines the two so well and slaps you with a timer for good measure.

Castle has plenty of great moments too. The Right Hand is terrifying, even after watching YouTube videos of dudes killing him with only the knife.

It's still potentially the greatest game of all time, whichever way you slice it.

SteveWD40

RE4 was the last game to sell me a system on it's own, nothing else on the GC spoke to me, I had the Ltd edition one as well (RE4 bundle).

One of the best New Game + modes of all time.

Public service announcement: for those of you who've been feeling a bit let down by Doctor Who lately, tonight's episode was the best in a looooong time.

If you're dreaming about GAF it's probably a sign that you need to play more games and post less on GAF :)

The weirdest part was that the Neogaf element came from no where. I've got vague recollections of something happening, then out of nowhere comes someone passing me a laptop saying I'm banned from gaf.

Public service announcement: for those of you who've been feeling a bit let down by Doctor Who lately, tonight's episode was the best in a looooong time.

Okay I need to catch up on last weeks first, then I'm watching tonight's episode!

I concur, great episode of Who. The empath girl was rather pretty too, so that helps.

Next week's I'm really looking forward to. I'll have to wait for the repeat though as I have an Injustice tournament happening at my flat and then we're going for food and Iron Man 3.

Hystzen

The only episode I ever liked of new Who was weeping angels one

My ex used to have it on when I was around same with Hollyoaks

No-one really loves Nintendo nowadays

What about the people in gaming lapping everything up with Mario or Zelda in it like a dog licking scraps off the floor? Or are they just mad?

inb4: they're different genres so it's fine! Totally not playing it safe guys! They're going out on a limb by putting it top down!

Jordan

So, like - I'm extremely drunk and playing rockband two! I'm still getting 90% + which is quite impresive considering im not rdadlly srie whether i can see the screen orf not1 :D

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I had guitar hero 3 and was good when it was just 3 fingers but anymore than that was asking too much.

Reknoc

I had the first game, the blue key was an impossible dream for me. Never bothered with another game like it until amazon were selling the first DJ Hero cheap.

Suairyu

Banned
Looking forward to it. 'Thrones was tonight's entertainment, along with a freshly-modded fresh install of Morrowind which was promptly forgotten once I finally got Daphne to work properly. Dragon's Lair is such bullshit 'game' design but the Don Bluth animation means I lap it up anyway.

This place is really dead.
No, it's just going back to normal.

The slower pace might actually make me stick around.

Things were getting stupid ridiculous with the now dearly-departed burning through 500 posts in a single day.

f0rk

I thought TV and video games had desensitised me to violence but it comes so quick and brutal in Blood Meridian, jeez.

Danj

Next week's I'm really looking forward to. I'll have to wait for the repeat though as I have an Injustice tournament happening at my flat and then we're going for food and Iron Man 3.

What is this "wait for the repeat"? You know we live in a world where there's BBC iPlayer right?

I had guitar hero 3 and was good when it was just 3 fingers but anymore than that was asking too much.

I just have no musical ability whatsoever. I doubt I could even keep the most basic beat going on a drum kit.

Noffles 25 posts a day was mental. I think over half of those were in here.

I'm fairly certain Mike almost exclusively posted in here.

That was his average per day? Wow.

Jordan

So, that was interesting. I managed to do half a bottle of vodka alone last night. I think I remember all that happened, I was quite impressed out my skills on Rockband whilst drunk! :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've never played Guitar Hero.

But on the flip side most people haven't played Ouendan/EBA or the Rhythm Heaven titles whereas I have so I win.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
No, it's just going back to normal.

The slower pace might actually make me stick around.

Things were getting stupid ridiculous with the now dearly-departed burning through 500 posts in a single day.

I'll second that. Place needed to calm down a bit, hope we do now.

Sure, I'll miss a few of the guys personally (Mike especially, very sweet fellow). But en-masse it was like being in a room with twelve 14-year-old girls getting stupid on Facebook, which isn't all that pleasant an experience I can assure you.

And yes, I'm back a bit sooner than expected. A bit emotionally drained, but chilling now.

Please note folks that my ban and the circumstances around it are not up for discussion (and incidentally I have no complaint whatsoever about it). We don't want any more carnage here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom