• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I never even beat the original on normal difficulty. Mostly because you can't skip the openings of songs (this was such a great addition to EBA and Ouendan 2) so every time you messed up the final song you had to watch a minute long intro which got tedious. Ouendan 2 I got suck on the last level on hard difficulty.

And yet oddly I beat EBA on all difficulties. I'm guessing being familiar with the songs helps.

EBA's Jumping Jack Flash > The original Jumping Jack Flash

Chinner

Banned
alas southern gafs grip over britgaf has been broken. northern gaffers relax and quietly celebrate now that the thread is no longer dictated by the tyranny of the south.

up in the far far north, kentpaul is helping with the construction of scotland's first road.

f0rk

Phisheep if you check the latest Worth Reading article on giantbomb.com there are some nice words about your news threads

alas southern gafs grip over britgaf has been broken. northern gaffers relax and quietly celebrate now that the thread is no longer dictated by the tyranny of the south.

up in the far far north, kentpaul is helping with the construction of scotland's first road.

King of the North!

Frank-Gallagher-007.jpg

They know how to throw a party! Scattterrrrrrrr!

Chinner

Banned
How was the flight to Thailand?

it was fine. i managed to watch a couple of films i hadnt seen, argo(s) and silver lining playbooks, which were both pretty great. my girlfriend on the other hand has an axiety of flyin and there was a lot of turbulence so she was pretty much shitting it consistently.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Phisheep if you check the latest Worth Reading article on giantbomb.com there are some nice words about your news threads

Thanks f0rk.

Now don't go bundling us southwest people in with the southeast. It's pleasant enough down here, sure there's loads of decayed industry (going back a couple of hundred years at least before the decayed industry of the North) but we make up for it in sunshine and beaches.

Well, we will if we get a summer this year.

I never even beat the original on normal difficulty. Mostly because you can't skip the openings of songs (this was such a great addition to EBA and Ouendan 2) so every time you messed up the final song you had to watch a minute long intro which got tedious. Ouendan 2 I got suck on the last level on hard difficulty.

And yet oddly I beat EBA on all difficulties. I'm guessing being familiar with the songs helps.

EBA's Jumping Jack Flash > The original Jumping Jack Flash
Do you have the thing where you hear songs from EBA and fell something's missing as they don't have the sound effects? Really disorientating.

We need more good music games again. DS was great for them. And the whole prime time of GH/RB. A good time for rhythm fans.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yep, I really got into rhythm games thanks to the DS. May not be the best at them but I find them fun none the less. Should download HarmoKnight on 3DS one day. May wait for a sale since Nintendo is surprisingly rolling those out.

There's a Jam with the Band sequel coming out as well but no idea if they'll bring that out over here. The original didn't do too well did it? I got it for around a fiver brand new if I recall.

Oh and Konami needs to come out with something just to give Naoki some time of stage.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This thread reminds me of a school at the start of the summer hols, where all the support staff are breathing a sigh of relief at not having the kids around.

A school needs kids guys.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
North Force. Thread seems a lot better now that its actual British discussion rather than "HEY, CLIQUE-REFERENCE ;)" or people just spouting random shit.

Doctor Who is terrible, its that CITV/CBBC level of camp applied to a show adults watch unironically. As a result, other than Thick Of It and maybe the occasional Brooker show, I almost exclusively watch American shows these days (oh and of course MY JAPANESE ANIMES).

Today is Shepherds Pie and Beans for dinner. But not with lamb, because Mother Pie and Beans screwed me up as a kid by referring to the minced beef equivalent as the Shepherds one and not Cottage Pie. Has this happened to anyone else?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Today is Shepherds Pie and Beans for dinner. But not with lamb, because Mother Pie and Beans screwed me up as a kid by referring to the minced beef equivalent as the Shepherds one and not Cottage Pie. Has this happened to anyone else?

Now now, P&B. Your mother was perfectly right. Shepherds are employed to look after their sheep, not to eat them, so naturally they would eat the beef version.

Juicy Bob

Welcome back, Phisheep!

Also, I have to say this somewhere where it doesn't count as thread-shitting, but fuck the Bahrain Grand Prix. Bernie Ecclestone is a megacunt.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Theatrhythm, one of the few Final Fantasy games I actually bought.

The others being Crystal Chronicles (which I like played twice properly) and FF12.

Yeah, not much of a FF player.

If the 3DS gets a Rhythm Heaven game I hope it's button based rather than touch based and if it is touched based, stick to taps as the flicks were a pain.

Got to write a 1000 word essay on contrasting some aspect of climate change policy of the EU, the US and China. That in itself is no issue, but then I have to include 10 references to peer reviewed journal articles. So essentially what journal articles I find will dictate the direction I take my essay.

Oh well, 26 hours to do this. :/

Is Theatrhythm worth it if you like rhythm games but are mostly unfamiliar with the FF series? It looked cool but it also looked like it was pretty deep as far as fanservice goes. The only FF music I'm really familiar with is that of FF7.

Is Theatrhythm worth it if you like rhythm games but are mostly unfamiliar with the FF series? It looked cool but it also looked like it was pretty deep as far as fanservice goes. The only FF music I'm really familiar with is that of FF7.

I have never played a Final Fantasy for more than an hour or two and I really liked Theatrhythm. To me, it's one of the main reasons to get a 3DS.

Reknoc

Give the demo a go. I'd say yes, but then I'm not the sort of person you're asking because I'm familiar with all FF music outside the odd spin-off.

I have never played a Final Fantasy for more than an hour or two and I really liked Theatrhythm. To me, it's one of the main reasons to get a 3DS.

Well, that's a strong endorsement! Awesome.

Give the demo a go. I'd say yes, but then I'm not the sort of person you're asking because I'm familiar with all FF music outside the odd spin-off.

Oh yeah, there's a demo? OK, well then, I'll have a go at that then.

My dad used to think cottage pie was with cheese and shepherds pie was without and the meat didn't matter, up until a couple of years ago.

Also there's a place called Shepherd's Cottage that my grandmother's cousin apparently graffiti'd with Pie Pie. Which always makes me laugh.

Also also can I claim SouthGAF since I've only lived up here for 3 and a half years and am planning to move back soon?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
It's becoming increasingly difficult to find Lucozade sport sparkling orange these days.

Spending my Sunday watching the Awesome Games Done Quick archives- it's pretty tragic how like EVERYONE fucks off when the THPS2 run begins. D:

edit: oh wait, that's because it's not Pro Skater 2, it's Underground 2. :lol

Hystzen

I have a thing at moment of watching Lets Play's on Youtube even though it irritates me because they do such stupid things.

Kind of diggin Volound he does some great PC strategy games plus his english voice is awesome

f0rk

My coursework progress has been halted by my lack of coloured pens/pencils. I'm not doing maths for this bullshit

Came back to BritGaf after a few days breather.

Found it's turned in to Facebook.

"I'm doing this."

"Today I did this."

"Random statement."

Very little interaction with each other, very little actual conversation, is this really better than it was? I remain unconvinced.

Might be back in a few days :/

f0rk

"I'm doing this."

"Today I did this."

"Random statement."

Very little interaction with each other, very little actual conversation, is this really better than it was? I remain unconvinced.

This is exactly the same as it was
Also there was a pretty long conversation about video games last night

The headmaster has been on a bum-groping rampage in here.

what :lol

I have a thing at moment of watching Lets Play's on Youtube even though it irritates me because they do such stupid things.

Yeah, but if they back it up with sound commentary then it's alright. Most LPers I watch are fucking funny guys- the Four Swords Adventures LP by pokecapn has them being shit throughout but it's hilarious so it's OK.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
This is exactly the same as it was
Also there was a pretty long conversation about video games last night

No it isn't. There was always some conversation going on. Gotta agree with Musha. This place went from being excessively cliquey (which it definitely was),where it was difficult to get involved in conversations, to basically twitter or facebook. Things have changed, but it's still early days so hopefully something gets going again.

My coursework progress has been halted by my lack of coloured pens/pencils. I'm not doing maths for this bullshit

I'm so near the end of my degree now I don't want to replace my coloured pens I've had for about four years. I'll have to begrudgingly buy some more highlighter pens though this week. Good ones too, the Tesco own brand ones are false economy for sure.

"I'm doing this."

"Today I did this."

"Random statement."

It's a little slow still, and not enough banter but you should give it more time for a new equilibrium to be found.
In six months time there will be new cliques, and I'm sure people will be equally moaning and loving them, before EL comes in for his routine inspection and bans all the frequent posters for stepping out of line. Circle of life.
images

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been engaging with conversation like the 3DS and rhythm games and in turn this post is continuing another conversation that has popped up.

I suppose it comes down to whether people post anything worth talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom