• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

Yeah, but if they back it up with sound commentary then it's alright. Most LPers I watch are fucking funny guys- the Four Swords Adventures LP by pokecapn has them being shit throughout but it's hilarious so it's OK.

He has done a Let's Play with a friend doing co-op Shogun2 which is pretty epic

One that annoyed me was Tetraninja I only watch as he does latest games quickly but man he says annoying shit thinking he funny when he is not.

No it isn't. There was always some conversation going on. Gotta agree with Musha. This place went from being excessively cliquey (which it definitely was),where it was difficult to get involved in conversations, to basically twitter or facebook. Things have changed, but it's still early days so hopefully something gets going again.

I think people are just being cautious at moment after a major culling it natural people be reserved

8bit

Knows the Score
Lego City is great, just climbed a tall building to find a Mario Shine at the top of it. Been a while since such a simple discovery filled me with such glee.

So at derby practice today, I heard someone I haven't met yet say "You're doing good, Cleveland" when I was going around the track. Guess Cleveland Steamroller is my derby name now. xD

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
He has done a Let's Play with a friend doing co-op Shogun2 which is pretty epic

One that annoyed me was Tetraninja I only watch as he does latest games quickly but man he says annoying shit thinking he funny when he is not.

I think people are just being cautious at moment after a major culling it natural people be reserved

Understandable but things don't look good.

Hystzen

I don't know after re looking at thread it was basically Facebook before with talk about being at work, what i did in work, looking for a job etc

The main thing that has changed is the posting rate that's because the major mass posters have gone.

There's a Skyrim speedrun from AGDQ '13 that is surprisingly interesting- it's hilarious how you can blast through most of that game with only a bowl and a plate.

I started watching this and I had no idea could us my pistol while in a box holy crap I learnt something

all them hours I poured into it and had no idea

Also, you know, he gets into a box with Paz

What's BritGAF's opinion on candles? I like em. I'm on a bit of a kick on them at the moment, and I love fucking about the wax. I'm collecting a bunch in my enormous match box to create a beautiful block of waxy wonder. Amazing.

What's BritGAF's opinion on candles? I like em. I'm on a bit of a kick on them at the moment, and I love fucking about the wax. I'm collecting a bunch in my enormous match box to create a beautiful block of waxy wonder. Amazing.

Is this your place?

phantom01_PhantomOpera-11.jpg

Candles are pretty sick if you have a lady friend over.

SKINNER!

Banned
Welcome back phisheep.

What a weekend. Decided to take a spontaneous bus trip to the eastside of Scotland after helping out a good friend with buying a wedding suit. Spent Saturday night at a small house party listening to amazing music and helped out with organising a fighting games event at a local Lan/table top gaming place on Sunday. Managed to succeed on SF III third Strike and UFC 3. Failed hard on Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs Capcom 3. Really need to practise with more characters on MvC and SF.

Since I'm a cheap student I only have the ones from Ikea which give off a fragrance when used. They're great when I'm watching TV with the lights off, they add a lot of ambiance.
I like dicking around with fire too on occasion, so there's that aspect too.

Pretty sure if I ever had candles I'd set fire to something at some point.

Besides the candle. Well, maybe not even that.

I bought a packet of about 16 boxes of matches in Waitrose (they're all pretty small) and sometimes when I'm watching Game of Thrones I just sit here feeding them into the candle. In fact...

img20130422005940.jpg

That's the debris. You'll need to ignore the filthiness of my "desk".... (note also the little matchbox full of wax on the right of the plate...)

Edit: Aha, and my coin covered in wax.

Jordan

Ta very much :) I was really happy with it, we had a right laugh. Guildford tonight with the Physics House Band, so hyyyyype!

I'm joining Mike on this one tonight, I hope I get there on time though - don't think I'm finishing work until 6.30 and I need to get some food in me at some point!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm joining Mike on this one tonight, I hope I get there on time though - don't think I'm finishing work until 6.30 and I need to get some food in me at some point!

yeah, I know that feeling! They do sell some quite nice chinese food at the venue, that's what I'll be eating tonight. Onstage for about 8pm, hope to see you there (or really, anybody, it's so bloody early).

How do people get in bands? 'cause I kind of want to piggyback onto someone else's band as I am the worst at being organised. And writing. Well I'm alright at writing music, not so much at lyrics. But like, I tried starting a band over a year ago and so far we've had...half a practice. Which was just me and the drummer. Who has since left. So...yeah. Don't really know where I'm going with this.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
How do people get in bands? 'cause I kind of want to piggyback onto someone else's band as I am the worst at being organised. And writing. Well I'm alright at writing music, not so much at lyrics. But like, I tried starting a band over a year ago and so far we've had...half a practice. Which was just me and the drummer. Who has since left. So...yeah. Don't really know where I'm going with this.

My band got together through a website looking for local musicians. We met up in a pub, got on well and then clicked when it came time to jam together. Really though, you need at least one member who is super committed otherwise it's easy to drift apart.

Go to local gigs, meet folks, make it clear you're looking for a band and there's always someone out there looking for folks to join up with. Get involved in your scene in SOME capacity and you'll find something sooner rather than later.

Honestly, with how my friends are I find it hard to NOT be in a band, everyone has something going on. It's what stoners do to bond.

Chinner

Banned
welps, i'm finding musha's drive-by post a little ironic and insulting to be honest. i mean, firstly shes criticising posters here for not posting enough, while she herself is refusing to post.

also, britgaf was always facebook. we'er just in an awkward lull at the moment because we've lost a lot of the first gen posters who have left because they didnt like the new pace the thread has developed, and we've lost the new clique that contributed like 80% of the posts. we need time to move on and heal, as tim buckley would say.

Chinner

Banned
when it came to cereal for me, it was always about sticking the the classics : corn flakes with full fat milk. cant really go wrong with that.

theres another type of cereal im trying to think of that was pretty swag, but cant remember it

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I can't do cereals, they make me way more hungry than I was before eating, to the point of getting the dry-heaves. My breakfast is a nutritious sausage roll, fresh from the ovens at my local bakery. Good bit of meat and fat to get me moving in the morn.

Chinner

Banned
yeah full fat milk is so good, i imagine its the jizz from god himself.

my girlfriend has that oat milk, and its basically just water.

NinjaBoiX

when it came to cereal for me, it was always about sticking the the classics : corn flakes with full fat milk. cant really go wrong with that.

theres another type of cereal im trying to think of that was pretty swag, but cant remember it
Special K Red Berries with ice cold semi skimmed is the cereal of kings.

Edit: an ex used to water down skimmed milk. It was literally really cloudy water. Urgh.

8bit

Knows the Score
I used to really like Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes, but it's all Muesli around these parts now. Birchermuesli in particular.

Hystzen

I thought Coldman was thread racist

As for ceral i like to mix and match I get what ever is in cupboard

fill about quarter bowl with one ceral then rest with another and sometimes dump a wheatbix on it.

At moment I'm using a Fruit Loops and Ceerios combo

Ignoring the duck.

As I kid I always loved Frosties. Apart from porridge I don't eat cereal much, but if I do it has to be Golden Nuggets. Can't get away from that sweet tooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom