• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
PM EviLore, let's spread the massacre around. St George's day pressie.

As an alternative suggestion, maybe let's not. Really. If we got to the stage where making life difficult for EviLore is our primary objective then we are doing something wrong.

We are guests here, remember,

Suairyu

Banned
Let's not take our childish frustrations out on France.

Lord knows they have it rough enough.

What with the being French and all.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
As an alternative suggestion, maybe let's not. Really. If we got to the stage where making life difficult for EviLore is our primary objective then we are doing something wrong.

It's not EviLore I wanna make life hard for, it's those damn heathen Frenchies!

/jokes

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I believe it is because we are already at OT3 we now stay in community whereas they have just started their first one they get a little bit of time in OT. The confusion was a result of us thinking you could start every new thread briefly in the OT before moving to community.

Let's not take our childish frustrations out on France.

Lord knows they have it rough enough.

What with the being French and all.

I think this is the correct attitude :) (although it was one of the first things I remarked upon).

Let's not make St George's Day be about being anti-anyone. Let's just enjoy some sweet English tunes:

New Order - World in Motion <- This should be the National Anthem.

EDIT: I think Phi (a Welshman, yeah?) is the only one that's said Happy St George's Day so far. That ain't right, so Happy St George's Day all!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I think this is the correct attitude :) (although it was one of the first things I remarked upon).

Let's not make St George's Day be about being anti-anyone. Let's just enjoysome sweet English tunes:

New Order - World in Motion <- This should be the National Anthem.

EDIT: I think Phi (a Welshman, yeah?) is the only one that's said Happy St George's Day so far. That ain't right, so Happy St George's Day all!

Musha said it too, another Welshie trying to Uncle Tom it with the ruling elite!

How were Dinosaur Pile-Up Robo? Kick ass fucking time or what?

They suffered from sound-guy-doesn't-give-a-shit-about-support-acts syndrome, which I forgot existed. They were still pretty awesome though.

I did feel a bit weird though since I was surrounded by 15 year olds who were there for Lower Than Atlantis. Weird and old. And I'm not even old, I'm 21! :C

That said, Lower Than Atlantis were still pretty ok, even if saying that does make me feel dirty

NinjaBoiX

They suffered from sound-guy-doesn't-give-a-shit-about-support-acts syndrome, which I forgot existed. They were still pretty awesome though.

I did feel a bit weird though since I was surrounded by 15 year olds who were there for Lower Than Atlantis. Weird and old. And I'm not even old, I'm 21! :C

That said, Lower Than Atlantis were still pretty ok, even if saying that does make me feel dirty
Yep, even as GAF's resident Paranut, I can still comfortably call them a lame emo band. I mean, they both are to be honest, but there is one hugely important difference...

On the way to work the local (in reference to my workplace rather than home) parade of shops had flags of St George out so I've seen a bit of English spirit today.

Being slightly more serious, isn't Jerusalem usually considered the popular choice for a new National Anthem?

Hey, I was being serious!

World In Motion is a better anthem in all the areas that matter: tune, beat, danceability, lyrics, message, etc. It captures the national mood, and has a sense of humour about it.

What does Jerusalem have going for it? I mean, it doesn't even have a John Barnes rap in the middle.

Yep, even as GAF's resident Paranut, I can still comfortably call them a lame emo band. I mean, they both are to be honest, but there is one hugely important difference...

Goddamnit, you had to use that word didn't you. Now I'm having to stop myself from telling you why emo is awesome and you're wrong >_>

And to be fair, I wouldn't class them like that anyway. More along the lines of...lame radio rock for 15 year olds. ...I realise there's crossover, but they don't seem whiney enough for the likes of Fallout Boy and MCR.

Anyway, emo is awesome and you are wrong. Damnit.

NinjaBoiX

Goddamnit, you had to use that word didn't you. Now I'm having to stop myself from telling you why emo is awesome and you're wrong >_>
Hey man, there is nothing wrong with emo! It just needs to be done right. There is a fine line between powerful emoting, and empty, vapid screaming.

And when I say lame, I don't necessarily mean rubbish, just a little kind of cheesy, like a guilty pleasure. Hence me calling Paramore lame all the time despite the fact I absolutely buzz off them!

Hey man, there is nothing wrong with emo! It just needs to be done right. There is a fine line between powerful emoting, and empty, vapid screaming.

And when I say lame, I don't necessarily mean rubbish, just a little kind of cheesy, like a guilty pleasure. Hence me calling Paramore lame all the time despite the fact I absolutely buzz off them!

This is just me being a genre nazi. Most of the time I don't care, but emo! It's irritating if I want to say emo's good because the word has been so warped that it's not even close to what it used to be. And it's not even really a logical progression type thing, it just changed suddenly to something completely different :C

I'm talking Cap'n Jazz, The Promise Ring, Jawbreaker, Sunny Day Real Estate, Texas Is The Reason, that kind of shizzle.

Aw yeah

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm going to have to find my sunglasses if the sun is going to stay this bright during my commutes.

SteveWD40

I lived in Australia for a year and found out what hot meant. I loved their "winter" (July ish) as it was like the best parts of summer here, 20 degrees and fresh, they were all in jumpers and I had my T-Shirt on and shades.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm lucky House of Frasier finally sorted out my coat issue. Just in time for the slightly warmer weather because with my winter coat I'd be boiling.

Bought it during the run up to Christmas, sales as they are called now, but soon afterwards a button just ripped off. Took it back to get repaired and they took it in. Then quiet. Nothing for months. Go back to find it was still on a to do list so I just leave it there. More quiet. Return and now no one knows where it is. The coat has been lost. Well after a lot of running about there's only one thing for it, a replacement. Unfortunately for them it was a popular item and that colour had long sold out (it was sold out when I went back for the repair back in January). So they are frantically searching for one in another store and by luck they find one left in stock, so after a few days I got it in the mail.

SmokyDave

So much class. You afford us all vicarious dignity.

I'm not even sure that last sentence makes sense. I need to start smoking again.

SKINNER!

Banned
Boot out David Cameron, resurrect Macho Man Randay Savage, fix the economy, achieve world peace, throw square academic caps in the air.

Hystzen

So looking at some 3DS prices and not bad at moment was looking at Fire Emblem bundle

Edit: Holy shit limited bundles don't include the power charger wtf

I can count maybe 8 games I want also out at moment, shame not got the cash at moment for anything gaming

Exam timetable received. Four exams in six days, with two one day after the other. Yet the exam period is twenty days! Another brilliant timetable bought to you by the university registry!

That all nighter I did catching up with me isn't helping me here.

moka

Got my workstation setup and ready for my software development exam today and then they cancelled it, right on the last minute citing problems with their Linux servers.

Was excited to get it over and done with as well. :(

IMG_20130423_144106.jpg

Now I've got this exam plus three other exams coming up. Better get cracking.

defel

Exam timetable received. Four exams in six days, with two one day after the other. Yet the exam period is twenty days! Another brilliant timetable bought to you by the university registry!

That all nighter I did catching up with me isn't helping me here.

Thats absurd. 7 exams in the space of a month for me, all pretty equally spaced too!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So looking at some 3DS prices and not bad at moment was looking at Fire Emblem bundle

Edit: Holy shit limited bundles don't include the power charger wtf

I can count maybe 8 games I want also out at moment, shame not got the cash at moment for anything gaming
Pretty sure all XLs don't come with the charger. If you had a DSi/XL you can use that charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom