• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

I'm sitting at work, playing Dark Souls in my head. I was lying in bed last night, playing it in head.

That game has got me good.

NinjaBoiX

Does it have Dark Souls?

They should get Dark Souls.

You could leave little pictures for people with the tablet:

6UIjUQK.jpg

Darren870

Oh man so tired this morning. I have been killing myself at the gym and probably not getting enough sleep recently. Going to start doing some kettlebell workouts too.

Looks like another nice day in London. Friend is in town from the states and going out for some grub tonight. Should be good day!

SteveWD40

Oh man so tired this morning. I have been killing myself at the gym and probably not getting enough sleep recently. Going to start doing some kettlebell workouts too.

Looks like another nice day in London. Friend is in town from the states and going out for some grub tonight. Should be good day!

Workout of kings, tons of MMA guys do insane kettlebell routines.

Darren870

Workout of kings, tons of MMA guys do insane kettlebell routines.

Yea, I have never done it before but everyone I talk to say its a must. I am trying to get back down to my boxing weight/size. Need to increase the intensity with something so I want to give them a try.

SKINNER!

Banned
Haven't been to the gym in more than a week and what's worse is that I was out all weekend and Monday so my diet was mostly chips and chesse with either chicken donner or gravy. yikes, gotta get my head screwed back on and get back into that workout mentality.

Roller derby's been sucking the life out of my usual workouts, especially since I sprained my wrist on Saturday because of it. :S I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of things once I build up that stamina a bit more.

On another note, I ended up repainting my helmet since someone on the team has the same one.

So it went from this...

0d6d4230a87c11e2826f22000a9f13e9_7.jpg

To this!

8723e826acb511e290cd22000a1f90d7_7.jpg

Yeehaw!

SmokyDave

Is it bad that I'm waiting for it to go down in price?

Nintendo are immeasurably fucked when you're holding out for a pricecut on a high profile Wii-U exclusive.

Hell, even I bought that one on day one. It's pretty good, but not as good as you might hope.

I still do not understand this decision on behalf of NoE and NoJ.
They're fucking jokers. If it was any other company, the mocking would be merciless and relentless.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nintendo are immeasurably fucked when you're holding out for a pricecut on a high profile Wii-U exclusive.

Hell, even I bought that one on day one. It's pretty good, but not as good as you might hope.
HA HA. I'm just so used to paying prices sub £35 that the increase to the £40+ mark is a bit much. That and the UK market has created an expectation for prices to drop, especially when they are not the big names like Mario. Lego City and NFS to me are likely price plummeting candidates. Don't worry, I'll buy some of their other games day one. ;)

They're fucking jokers. If it was any other company, the mocking would be merciless and relentless.
I thought they were. I can't remember. It is pretty dumb and I doubt it really is a case of passing the savings on to us. If that was the case they surely start packing the charger in by now.

Looking fiiiine DS! Custom helmets are the way forward. I shall have to post pics of the mrs's helmet, it's pretty cool too.

Thanks man! I gotta put a top coat on it later on, but looking to put a couple decals on it eventually. Definitely post the wifey's helm when you can. :D

Roller Derby is a thing? people do that?

Cool.

Mad cool bro. It's actually way more intensive than I thought it would be, but it's extremely fun and the peeps on the team are awesome. Plus, so many cool ladies. :3

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What is a joke the normal XL boxes have chargers it just the ones that bundle in a game with limited case
Oh so they've added chargers to the regular XL packages. Yeah odd that the bundles don't especially when the game takes up no extra space as it comes preinstalled now.

Hystzen

I'm sitting at work, playing Dark Souls in my head. I was lying in bed last night, playing it in head.

That game has got me good.

I been in Dark Souls tip thread posted stuff about a optional boss and noticed you posting. I remember when I got game did exact same thing guessing it your 1st time playing it , I'm kind of tempted do a 4th run

Oh so they've added chargers to the regular XL packages. Yeah odd that the bundles don't especially when the game takes up no extra space as it comes preinstalled now.

The Monster Hunter pack is £220 and it just a plain black XL also no charger

at least the Fire Emblem has a logo on on the blue case and only £180

SKINNER!

Banned
Pretty sure the Ipod used to have the charger in the box until they stopped including the charger around the time the Iphone 1 came along. Were Apple the first company to do this? Either way, they're still a lousier brand than Nintendo.

Hystzen

Pretty sure the Ipod used to have the charger in the box until they stopped including the charger around the time the Iphone 1 came along. Were Apple the first company to do this? Either way, they're still a lousier brand than Nintendo.

uhhhh all Ipod's come with chargers well touches anyway I bought 2 and 2 chargers lying around

It's good to have uncle dave back, can't believe he was hiding away in the gaming ghetto iOS threads and arguing with nintendo creeps...you big soft cunt.

SKINNER!

Banned
uhhhh all Ipod's come with chargers well touches anyway I bought 2 and 2 chargers lying around

Really? as in the wall plug charger? lucky for some. My sister's first Ipod came with a plug and she was surprised when she picked up a 2nd Gen Nano and discovered that it only had the USB cable. Same thing happened to me with my 2nd gen Ipod Touch. Wall charger was sold seperately. Interestingly, the old ipod wall plug won't even charger the later ipods even though it's just a simple USB connection.

SmokyDave

Stop buying your Apple stuff from CEX or men in pubs.

It's good to have uncle dave back, can't believe he was hiding away in the gaming ghetto iOS threads and arguing with nintendo creeps...you big soft cunt.
Aaaah, it's good to be back you moomin!

I still don't have much of interest to say though. Just saving for a wedding, drinking too much, eating too much and spending too much money on mountain bikes. Boooooooring.

Oh and I'm still fucking gagging to start smoking again. Man, I miss those stinky little cancer sticks.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Talking of CEX one seems to have popped up in my neighbourhood when I wasn't looking (clearly been sitting on the wrong side of the bus for the past couple of days). May have to check it out so I can be severely disappointed.

SteveWD40

Talking of CEX one seems to have popped up in my neighbourhood when I wasn't looking (clearly been sitting on the wrong side of the bus for the past couple of days). May have to check it out so I can be severely disappointed.

Wear one of these:

hazmat-training-suit-3wjl2_aw99.jpg

SKINNER!

Banned
Stop buying your Apple stuff from CEX or men in pubs.

B-but I can't resist a good deal from shady folk in pubs! Hold on...Smoky is a Sony AND Apple fan? oh goodness me, what have they done to you? :(

I actually like the staff at CEX as they seem to have great taste in shows/games/music. I got complimented by the girl behind the counter at the Glasgow store for purchasing Archer on DVD.

EDIT: Snoop did an anti-gun track? Maybe that's why Kentpaul doesn't post anymore. He's sobbing in a cupboard asking God why.

TCRS

Banned
Don't buy newish games from CEX. I traded in my Halo 4 for Far Cry 3. I got 26 pounds for Halo 4 and bought Far Cry 3 for 38. Turns out I also have to buy an online pass to play online, another 9 pounds! And even worse: A couple of days later I saw FC3 for 25 pounds on amazon!! I got proper shafted.

Reknoc

You can usually get stuff at a good price. If you don't mind standing in a queue for ages waiting for some chavs to unload about a billion DVDs onto the counter.

defel

Last thing I bought from CEX was Halo 3 for £4. Just as well, I only got £4s worth of value out of it anyway :/

How do people pronounce CEX? I say C.E.X

Reknoc

I got an 8GB vita memcard from CEX for like £18 which is only slightly better than the absurd price they usually are, so I could play PSO2. Also managed to get Yakuza 4 before that for a tenner which was nice.

and yea I say C.E.X

Hystzen

Best CEX purchase Persona 4 PS2 with soundtrack disc for £5 it looked brand new also

next day the price jacked up to £20 for all P4 ps2 games

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
HA HA. Last time I bought stuff from a CEX it was a SNES game. That's usually why I get disappointed if I go into one, because I'm after retro stuff rather than recent.

I was going to buy some Gamecube games from CEX last month. Until I saw the cases that looked like they'd been covered in grease. I'll stick to Ebay in future.

Jordan

I mainly just sell stuff at CEX, I've made nearing £200 odd off of shit I've sold to them, from games to old computer parts that will never be used again. I did a price comparison with most things checking CEX and then checking eBay and various other places, but CEX came out on top when trading in for cash.

I mainly just sell stuff at CEX, I've made nearing £200 odd off of shit I've sold to them, from games to old computer parts that will never be used again. I did a price comparison with most things checking CEX and then checking eBay and various other places, but CEX came out on top when trading in for cash.

I tried to trade in my phone to CEX once. They made up loads of excuses, and made up bullshit things they wanted me to do. Ended up taking it on Ebay and making £30 more after fees.

But yeah, I imagine CEX is better for smaller things since the Ebay/Paypal fees are absurd these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom