• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Hell yes! Apart from the pasta sheets everything is made from scratch. It's easy dude, give it a go sometime!

Yay! I have a soulmate (at least so far as lasagne is concerned). It's great fun doing it all from nothing, though it does take rather a long time. Takes me about 5 hours and that's before I put it in the oven.

Best bit of my recipe is the tomatoes. Very roughly it goes - add all the tomatoes you have got. Then go out and buy more tomatoes and add them too.

Weekend plans peeps?

Sounding a bit like a broken record here, but with any luck and decent weather I will be selling beads to people.

Also buying a washing machine, as ours has just died.

Also wondering why it is so dark, but have just realised I still have my sunglasses on from the morning!

Darren870

Hmmm probably going to go to the wine and cheese festival over in south bank.
Coffee festival on sunday in bricklane

Otherwise, gym, relaxing, eating. Fun Fun.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It is hard, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, but damn, it's so rewarding. Plus, it's hard in the sense that you really need to know the game inside out; it's fair, as long as you play "properly".

I'd highly recommend it. Just read up on the basics (take your pick on the DS threads on GAF!) take your time, and be careful levelling up your character, focus on getting one or two attributes levelled up.

A general rule of thumb:

Endurance should be highest, you need it for everything, combos, evading, running, etc.

Strength or dexterity should be next, choose one or the other.

Then vitality. If you feel you need this particularly high, you probably aren't really playing it right.

Obviously, intelligence (magic) or faith (miracles) can be important if you're that way inclined.

So in short, awesome game, tough mistress, GAF got you back for pointers. Go, go, go Jed!

Cool :) I do generally enjoy hard games as long as they're fair, and this one has been tempting me for a while. I'll pick it up along with heavy rain and Uncharted 3 this weekend.

Yay! I have a soulmate (at least so far as lasagne is concerned). It's great fun doing it all from nothing, though it does take rather a long time. Takes me about 5 hours and that's before I put it in the oven.

Best bit of my recipe is the tomatoes. Very roughly it goes - add all the tomatoes you have got. Then go out and buy more tomatoes and add them too.

I prefer to cook everything from scratch, can cater to my own tastes that way rather than relying on generic tasting bought sauces. Plus it's a much more satisfying feeling.

I only wish I had the time and money to do that every day, rather than the once every 1-2 weeks it currently is.

Hmmm probably going to go to the wine and cheese festival over in south bank.
Coffee festival on sunday in bricklane

Otherwise, gym, relaxing, eating. Fun Fun.

Cheese you say? Mmmmm cheese. Might see if we can check that out at some point.

Edit: Gaaaaa just realised I did a Jedeye.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Day off tomorrow...thank fuck
Yes.

Also, morning Tash.

The excitable puppy is back!
Indeed I am, don't I get a hayley Gif?
It depends - how long can you afford to live without an income? If it's really really fucking you then maybe get out of there, but getting used to working life IS hard, that's why people drink and smoke and don't exercise properly in real life. You get home from work, crash for an hour, make some dinner have a bath and go to bed. It's life and it takes ages to get used to.

But still, you could do with a job that you don't actively hate. Get on that!
I'm in a love lose situation till I find another job.. If i get fired it'll look bad and if I quit it'll look bad.. Need to find another job fast.. I'm applying like crazy
Did you get any closer to deciding to join the army or go to university/college?

3DS XL easily if you want a Nintendo system.
Yeah, I'm not fit enough yet and with work I don't have much time to exercise so it won't be for at least a few months, I am dead set on doing it though

SKINNER!

Banned
All see this. The chick is smoking

He has much better everything than that robocop one

Haha, that ex-boyfriend one was pretty funny. Lion King one was getting stale halfway through until the part where he sampled Elton John (love that song) and switched up the flow. This guy's pretty good!

EDIT: aww shit, now look what you've done. Going into an Elton John phase now and started listening to his songs.

NinjaBoiX

Indeed I am, don't I get a hayley Gif?
Sigh...sorry guys, he gave me those puppy dog eyes...

hdyd.gif

And an extra one, as it's Friday, and Tash is back:

thbe6.gif

NinjaBoiX

What I wouldn't give to throw a fuck into her...

bit crass?
She's magnificent.

It's not just that she's hot though, she's an awesome human being. Philanthropic, charismatic, talented, witty, tenacious, yadda yadda...

(Ninja, stahp, you're embarrassing the thread)

f0rk

To the peeps thinking about a 3DSXL on amazon the black Monster Hunter bundle is £180 again and you can preorder the plain black one for £175. The Animal Crossing bundle preorder is £190

SmokyDave

To the peeps thinking about a 3DSXL on amazon the black Monster Hunter bundle is £180 again and you can preorder the plain black one for £175. The Animal Crossing bundle preorder is £190
Man, you could buy a proper handheld for that kinda money.

Of course, you'd need a memory card...

It was raining a little this morning but now the sun is out and it's looking lovely.

Unfortunately I appear to be suffering from hayfever for only the 2nd time in my life. Dammit.

Suairyu

Banned
I got rid of over half my stuff to move.

I still have too much stuff.

I'm looking at my movie collection (currently fills one cardboard box) and I reckon I could get it down to 10 titles or less if I was super strict. TV boxsets I'll watch through then sell. I mean, a Netflix subscription covers the majority of that anyway.

All my physical media games... maybe I should dedicate myself to playing them then immediately selling them on. I don't need the Sega Saturn, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, 360, and PS3. I can do everything with a PC. And, if I'm honest, out of that lot the Dreamcast is the only one I don't think I could ever completely part with.

Books I've been working through anyway - reading then immediately gifting to someone.

I love my desktop PC but when in four or five years it kicks the bucket I should probably switch to a laptop.

And I have too many clothes, but who doesn't?

It depends - how long can you afford to live without an income? If it's really really fucking you then maybe get out of there, but getting used to working life IS hard, that's why people drink and smoke and don't exercise properly in real life. You get home from work, crash for an hour, make some dinner have a bath and go to bed. It's life and it takes ages to get used to.

But still, you could do with a job that you don't actively hate. Get on that!
Also this - fuck this. Even with a job I love, I can't live like this much longer. I hate coming home, exhausted, unable to do anything working towards self-betterment. If this is seriously what life is for most people then I want no fucking part of it.

I must stress - I have nothing against working hard. I love working hard. It's when everything else suffers as a result. And my god is it suffering. Either I'm fucking up on a massive level in not managing myself properly, or standard working practices are not for me.

I mean, I said earlier in this post maybe I should make a thing of playing those video games and getting rid of them. Motherfucker when am I going to have the time to do that? I get maybe an hour of Morrowind in every few days right now, that's it.

I need to rethink life, I think.

I got rid of over half my stuff to move.

I still have too much stuff.

I'm looking at my movie collection (currently fills one cardboard box) and I reckon I could get it down to 10 titles or less if I was super strict. TV boxsets I'll watch through then sell. I mean, a Netflix subscription covers the majority of that anyway.

All my physical media games... maybe I should dedicate myself to playing them then immediately selling them on. I don't need the Sega Saturn, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, 360, and PS3. I can do everything with a PC. And, if I'm honest, out of that lot the Dreamcast is the only one I don't think I could ever completely part with.

Books I've been working through anyway - reading then immediately gifting to someone.

I love my desktop PC but when in four or five years it kicks the bucket I should probably switch to a laptop.

And I have too many clothes, but who doesn't?

Are you moving abroad/downsizing? Or just looking to live less materialistically?

Suairyu

Banned
Are you moving abroad/downsizing? Or just looking to live less materialistically?
The latter. But it opening up the possibility of the former is a good motivator. With so much junk, I can't simply decide to uproot my life and go elsewhere if I so choose. (yeah yeah I know even with nothing I couldn't do that so easily, either, but the point is if I did want to do it, all the stuff I had would make it trickier than it needs to be)

TCRS

Banned
MK7, SMB3DL, Resi Revelations, GR: Shadow Wars, Pilotwings, Layton (all of em!), LoZ: OoT3D (you need this), Pushmo, Virtues last Reward.

Dang, that reminds me I still have Prof Layton and the Lost Future. It's still wrapped I haven't even opened it.

Game to finish: Witcher 2, Dark Souls (still wrapped), 999, Prof Layton (also wrapped), Far Cry 3.

But instead I think I'll play BF3. Just like the last 1,5 years.

The latter. But it opening up the possibility of the former is a good motivator. With so much junk, I can't simply decide to uproot my life and go elsewhere if I so choose. (yeah yeah I know even with nothing I couldn't do that so easily, either, but the point is if I did want to do it, all the stuff I had would make it trickier than it needs to be)

No that makes perfect sense. I'm looking to declutter somewhat come graduation, though not anywhere close to that level.

So Tom Hiddleston might be playing Eric Draven in The Crow remake.

I am not cool with this.

I love him as Loki, but he is not right for The Crow, not right at all.

In my opinion, they should leave well alone but if they're going to insist on fucking about with it then the only person who could do it is Jason Momoa.

Wtffffff!! Just realised my young persons railcard expires today, and I can't renew it.

Feels old man :-(

And screw getting the train at full price. That's it for me til I get my old persons railcard.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Also this - fuck this. Even with a job I love, I can't live like this much longer. I hate coming home, exhausted, unable to do anything working towards self-betterment. If this is seriously what life is for most people then I want no fucking part of it.

I must stress - I have nothing against working hard. I love working hard. It's when everything else suffers as a result. And my god is it suffering. Either I'm fucking up on a massive level in not managing myself properly, or standard working practices are not for me.

I mean, I said earlier in this post maybe I should make a thing of playing those video games and getting rid of them. Motherfucker when am I going to have the time to do that? I get maybe an hour of Morrowind in every few days right now, that's it.

I don't know man. How old are you? I was very bitter in my early 20s and it stuck with me for while until I realised that life is about the cool stuff you squeeze in between work. Now work doesn't bother me so much because it's not the only thing I do. I turn up to gigs in my work suit, I burn the candle at both ends and then moan for days, I do what makes me happy. Then the 9 hours a day in the office (lol who am I kidding, 7 when I can get away with it) don't feel so heavy any more.

If only I could make my record collection and pop-culture knowledge pay my way for me...

Wait a sec, don't you have a fun meedya job though?

Suairyu

Banned
In my opinion, they should leave well alone but if they're going to insist on fucking about with it then the only person who could do it is Jason Momoa.
Jason "the only body part I work out is my chest ps I can't act" Momoa of Game of Thrones/Conan fame?

Also you need a slim athletic build that wouldn't look out of place in a shoegaze band to do The Crow.

Wait a sec, don't you have a fun meedya job though?
Yes I do. Best job I could hope for right now.

Still doesn't change the fact getting home exhausted and being unable to do any self-improvement sucks ass.

Constantly flipping between US and UK hours probably isn't helping, either.

Also I'm 25, yeah.

Sorry to be that guy, but the Charlie Brooker guide to working in media foretold all of this!

f0rk

To be honest from the descriptions that you used to give about your work I wouldn't consider it standard. Or maybe it is for the creative industry you're in, in which case maybe you do want to reconsider.

Hystzen

Thinking about getting Dark Souls after hearing Dan Trachtenberg talk about it last week. It sounds really hard but also reminds me of the thrill of the unknown that I used to get from gaming as a kid.

Nah it's not hard just modern day gamers love to be hand held which Souls does not do that's where the hard comment comes from. If you die its your fault (apart from 2 fucking sliver knight archers in Arnor Lando fuck them thats cheap) it not a button masher it tactical when to strike,roll or block. Pyromancer is best class to start level up faster at start plus the pyro magic does not scale with INT so you ignore that completely and focus on melee stats you be unbeatable

Jason "the only body part I work out is my chest ps I can't act" Momoa of Game of Thrones/Conan fame?

Also you need a slim athletic build that wouldn't look out of place in a shoegaze band to do The Crow.

Yes. I agree he's slightly on the bigger side for the part, but when watching Conan there were some facial expressions he pulled that just immediately made me think of him in the role, I can't exactly explain why, I just think he's one of very very few who could pull it off.

Hystzen

Capra Demon is horseshit and nothing you can say will convince me otherwise.

roll motherfucker roll

but yeah that is fog travel entrance is pure chance no point summoning a co-op partner either once you take out the 2 dogs he is easy due to how limited his moveset is

Reknoc

roll motherfucker roll

but yeah that is fog travel entrance is pure chance no point summoning a co-op partner either once you take out the 2 dogs he is easy due to how limited his moveset is

If I ever carry on with my PC run that won't be an option since I'm rolling (without any of the rolling obv) a Knight because FROM's sound design for armour is boner inducing.

Furthest I ever got was Sen's with my Pyro on the PS3.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Nothing wrong with quitting your job if you hate but I just want to point out that you were constantly saying that you wanted a job when you were unemployed so don't just rage quit and then go looking for another job. Plan ahead. Stay in your current job and look for another one. When you know you got the new job THEN you quit. and even then don't rage quit and burn that bridge in case your new job is looking for a reference.
Sorry i missed this!

Oh i know, thats what i plan to do...but right now im feeling pretty down and all i can really do is vent to stop me killing myself/my boss

Every morning it's the same feeling of total loathing... I hate going to that fucking place! :|

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
If I ever carry on with my PC run that won't be an option since I'm rolling (without any of the rolling obv) a Knight because FROM's sound design for armour is boner inducing.

Furthest I ever got was Sen's with my Pyro on the PS3.
What shield are you using? You might be able to grab an upgrade that will allow you to tank the first blow of Capra depending on your stamina, allowing you to circle around and get away from him. The best strategy really is make your way to the stairs as soon as possible. If you're really slow you may even want to just run in with a lighter set of armor if only for this fight. Either way if you can get a summon you'll be fine.

Reknoc

What shield are you using? You might be able to grab an upgrade that will allow you to tank the first blow of Capra depending on your stamina, allowing you to circle around and get away from him. The best strategy really is make your way to the stairs as soon as possible. If you're really slow you may even want to just run in with a lighter set of armor if only for this fight. Either way if you can get a summon you'll be fine.

Don't remember, it's been a while since I loaded it up (also I still have yet to get past Tauro Demon lol)

It's certainly a lot different from being a Pyro and just hanging back and doing massive damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom