• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

Don't remember, it's been a while since I loaded it up (also I still have yet to get past Tauro Demon lol)

It's certainly a lot different from being a Pyro and just hanging back and doing massive damage.

I love melee more then magic in DS you have get up close and be in risk , Pyro just walk back throwing fireballs or chaos fireballs and most bosses some reason weak against it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
One of the qualities I really appreciate about Dark Souls is that the gameplay can be very different not only depending on the class you choose but also your weapon and armor selection. Your play style has to adapt according to your offensive and defensive capabilities and I always thought that was excellent.

My favorite type of character was always a dexterity based fighter with heavy use of the bow in the open environment and weapons like the katana and Balder Side Sword along with utility magic (enchant weapon) in boss fights. The movement speed and reaction timing for dodging and rolling was one of the most satisfying ways to play for me. I've beaten Ornstein and Smough without magic or melee, through only dodging using a bow and fire arrows.

For tanks you should really focus on endurance and hitting hard at the start and then waiting until a vulnerability opens up before striking again. For Capra fight I would try to make for the stairs and carry a good spear so that you can try and kill the dogs early from relative safety before circling around Capra.

NinjaBoiX

Capra Demon is horseshit and nothing you can say will convince me otherwise.
It's not the boss per se, more the tiny arena. And the fucking trees getting in your way! It's a shit fight though, really clumsy.

The bell guardians is the best fight.

Reknoc

Before I go and this becomes less relevant:

oiPe19y.jpg

CHEEZMO™;55619472 said:
I propose that 100,000 degenerate Britons should be forcibly sterilized and others put in labour camps to halt the decline of the British race

A hell of a lot of people had similar beliefs about eugenics back then. Horrible views, but that is how the world was, and it is very easy to judge in hindsight with a modern mindset.

A hell of a lot of people had similar beliefs about eugenics back then. Horrible views, but that is how the world was, and it is very easy to judge in hindsight with a modern mindset.

I'm also willing to forgive that which a man merely proposed when his actual actions include saving us from invasion and annihilation.

Dickheads can be good people too.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
CHEEZMO™;55619472 said:
I propose that 100,000 degenerate Britons should be forcibly sterilized and others put in labour camps to halt the decline of the British race

Times were different then...When I think about Churchill I think about the war

and he did good in the war

I'm not very knowledgable on politics tbqh

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Its kind of pointless killing her unless you want the soul for the Scythe

oh man Sif always gives me feels
Yeah I did it on my first run for the sake of my inner completionist, had to get her tail and her soul. Dark Souls is the only game I've achieved a platinum for and greatly enjoyed doing it all the way through. At the end of my first run I murdered basically everyone so that I could be a true Sunbro on New Game +.

SteveWD40

Churchill was a product of his environment and upbringing, his social views may seem fucked up now but they weren't so much back then, fact of life.

What he did he did well, he was a great wartime leader and believed strongly in the idea of minimum risk maximum damage, which gave birth to the modern special forces.

Evening, GAF.

Weekend? Have my classmates coming around tomorrow for drinks, Walking Dead board game, Injustice Scrub League and we'll probably take in Iron Man 3. Sunday I'll probably catch up with the last few weeks of comics.

Chinner

Banned
i'm not trying to start anything here right, but hot coldmans avatar remind me of what evilore would look like if he was an effeminate pop star in the 80s.

Rubbish King

Welp, I got the apprenticeship....so this should be fun

I'll be getting a call on monday and then an interview will arranged so i can sit a few exams and then leave a weeks notice for my job

tumblr_m6jnatV5jW1rr7c36.gif

Evening, GAF.

Weekend? Have my classmates coming around tomorrow for drinks, Walking Dead board game, Injustice Scrub League and we'll probably take in Iron Man 3. Sunday I'll probably catch up with the last few weeks of comics.
Good evening sir, I look forward to your Iron Man 3 review!

Churchill was a product of his environment and upbringing, his social views may seem fucked up now but they weren't so much back then, fact of life.

What he did he did well, he was a great wartime leader and believed strongly in the idea of minimum risk maximum damage, which gave birth to the modern special forces.

This is what i should've said

SKINNER!

Banned
Starbucks accidentally charged me £30 instead of £3.30 today. Got my white cafe mocha and caramel wafer biscuit for free and a voucher for another free drink. Not bad Starbucks. You're more than welcome to screw up my orders in the future :)

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Cheezmo doesn't like a conservative leader shocker

No, I just dont like people who say stuff like

"I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place."
-Adolf Hitler, 1937​

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
i'm not trying to start anything here right, but hot coldmans avatar remind me of what evilore would look like if he was an effeminate pop star in the 80s.
I like the kazified version of his current avatar that weekendwarrior uses (except for the dumb baseball cap):

image.php

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What do you guys think? Change up to one of these Jack images or stick with my original Gorillaz avatar?

Classic Jack
FkYG3rW.png

Robot blood
0M6Pbif.png

Robot blood zoomed
ud9Oi30.png

Original
lvTwJ6l.png

EDIT: thanks for the input guys, gonna rock 'zoomed' for a bit.

Rubbish King

Keep the gorillaz man

It's your identity

I'll never play l4d2 with you eva again

Do you have terraria btw? Because I think me, you and mikeside (and anyone else who has it here) should squad the fuck up

Also, here's my feast for celebrating the new jewb
20130426_193202_zps49cfda70.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I really dig the zoomed look and I want a change so I'm gonna rock this for a bit. I'll keep the 2-D avatar on the back burner though as it's a classic and Hewlett is very talented.

Tashbrooke said:
nice chips.jpg

I could defo go for some nice chips right now. But why no more L4D Thomas? Too frustrating?

I have Terraria but tbh I've only played like 10 minutes and didn't really 'get' it. I appreciate the arcade/platforming elements which make combat and exploration a bit more exciting than Minecraft in the traditional sense, but I don't understanding the crafting system at all and I really dislike the chip/bit style of the block system.

Just gonna stick with Minecraft when I want my virtual lego fix.

Rubbish King

CHEEZMO™;55645748 said:
Those chips look nice.

Also drink better beer.
Shut up you.

<3
Heineken schmeineken.
It used to be my fave.... But since my housemate introduced me to ale...this really is lacking something :(
I could defo go for some nice chips right now. But why no more L4D Thomas? Too frustrating?

I have Terraria but tbh I've only played like 10 minutes and didn't really 'get' it. I appreciate the arcade/platforming elements which make combat and exploration a bit more exciting than Minecraft in the traditional sense, but I don't understanding the crafting system at all and I really dislike the chip/bit style of the block system.

Just gonna stick with Minecraft when I want my virtual lego fix.

Terraria isnt fun on your own unless your as cool as Kentpaul (alas...nobody is) But it's fun with people.. i actually like it as much as minecraft...

I havent played l4d in a while purely because nobody i have played it with has been on at the time where my bf3 buddies havent wanted to play..

I have some fucking class mods installed though..lol

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I thought KP left GAF altogether. He's hanging out in the drunk thread.

3Sixty

Starbucks accidentally charged me £30 instead of £3.30 today. Got my white cafe mocha and caramel wafer biscuit for free and a voucher for another free drink. Not bad Starbucks. You're more than welcome to screw up my orders in the future :)

Honestly, i could believe a white cafe mocha (great choice btw) and a biscuit costing £30 in starbucks.

Rubbish King

I have a few speckled hens,bishops fingers and IPS but i need to finish the heinzies

CHEEZMO&#8482;;55648012 said:
ale > lager
It seems this is the case
I thought KP left GAF altogether. He's hanging out in the drunk thread.

I had a chat not too long ago with him, I dont think that he's staying away, he's just busy with things atm, he does that though

NinjaBoiX

Fursty Ferret. I can't remember the brewery, but that was tasty shit. Kind of caramely.

Edit:Hall and Woodhouse:

Fursty Ferret has a sweet nutty palate, hoppy aroma and a hint of Seville oranges,
give this tawny amber ale its distinctive personality. Recommended with smooth
and creamy West Country Cheddar or indulgent pork pies and mustard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom