• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

I don't really care about football but Leicester City are clearly Premiership bound now, unlucky SmokeyDave better luck next time
I have no idea if Dave supports Forest or football in general

SKINNER!

Banned
Went hiking up Glas Maol today. Ran into Jeremy Clarkson. Scenery was good I'll post photos later.

Pics of Clarkson too? saucy!

Never heard of them. Is it just stupid chip tunes bullshit?

To all the Hip Hop bros I've been fucking with Chance the Rapper he's pretty fresh

That's actually what they are. Pop punk and Chip tune music blended together. Its a hit and miss for me. Some tracks sound really great while others are just a screeching, high-pitched mess.

Will check out Chance the rapper now.

That's actually what they are. Pop punk and Chip tune music blended together. Its a hit and miss for me. Some tracks sound really great while others are just a screeching, high-pitched mess.

I think this new one is a bit more consistent, weirdly enough for a 22-track album as opposed to their previous 8-track efforts. It's less "pop-punk" than before too, hell there's a track on here that's the cheesiest pop song you'll hear all year, complete with vocals.

Meow is one of the worse songs on the album.

Jordan

I've just got home from being in central most the day, met up with some guy I met on a forum years ago and just been gaming with him since. He is travelling from Israel, so it was fairly interesting meeting him considering I had never spoken to him verbally before.

Had a great day though and got to see iron man 3 so I'm happy, I thought it was on par with iron man 1 if not better!

Had a few drinks on an empty stomach so the train journey home was fairly interesting, I thought it would be an amazing idea to run up all the stairs from Bakerloo line paddington, needless to say I made myself look like a dick being out of breath afterwards but I did it! Woo

Hystzen

Goddamn that wedding was boring even the party after was shit hardly anybody there. Only decent girl was groom's daughter be we related so fuck it

Valkyria

Banned
Hi fellow gaffers. I'm actually looking for a job in the UK, I don't care for the location too much, at least for now. I have lived in London for periods of time, and I know how awesome the city is , but also how incredible expensive.

I'm an Industrial Engineer with experience in lean manufacturing and I have applied to several positions with a salary starting in £25K, but I have received and offer for a financial position without experience for £20K.

I just live with my fiancée who is also an engineer like me. I would like to ask you with how much money you can live for real in different places of the UK, taking into account the rent, food and taxes.

Thanks in advance.

f0rk

Hi fellow gaffers. I'm actually looking for a job in the UK, I don't care for the location too much, at least for now. I have lived in London for periods of time, and I know how awesome the city is , but also how incredible expensive.

I'm an Industrial Engineer with experience in lean manufacturing and I have applied to several positions with a salary starting in £25K, but I have received and offer for a financial position without experience for £20K.

I just live with my fiancée who is also an engineer like me. I would like to ask you with how much money you can live for real in different places of the UK, taking into account the rent, food and taxes.

Thanks in advance.

I think you could probably live anywhere but London on 20k+, especially if that's just to start or you have a partner making the same.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just make yourself scarce before Hot Coldman gets wind of it. He doesn't take kindly to foreigners.

In all seriousness, that sounds reasonable enough but it will really depend on the rent you'll be paying

Valkyria

Banned
Thanks for your answers. I have no clue about the rents in UK so I will ask if I'm lucky an get a job for the cost of living in that particular place.

I read on the internet that in the midlands there is a lot of industry but I don't really know.

One more thing, I'm using totaljobs and justengineers, and I know reed too, do I have a better web to use?

CHEEZMO™;56823018 said:
Spent the night feeling up some married 32 year-old woman

predator_1.jpg

You'll soon be fingering chicks while whispering the communist manifesto into their ears, bruv.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
predator_1.jpg

You'll soon be fingering chicks while whispering the communist manifesto into their ears, bruv.

This may or may not be true as I've been trying to get involved in Leftist political groups.

I also have a copy of Manifesto literally right next to me on my desk ho ho

edit: :insert commodity fetishism joke here:

Morning BritGAF, Iron Man 3 was quite good. There were a few inconsistencies and moments where you really did have to suspend your belief but I enjoyed it.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Weeds running out so i'm heading down to moffat to do the The Grey Mare's Tail,

Best known for its magnificent waterfall – the fifth highest in the UK – and uniquely dramatic scenery, Grey Mare’s Tail is a superb example of a hanging valley. The area boasts a rich history as well, and is important for its rare upland plants and wildlife.

Nice strong coffee and an antidepressant to numb out any negative thoughts, The suns out today and so will i be!

Ok, so I'm at the start of the Bristol 10k. Kinda wishing I'd done a bit more preparation for this than none at all... :-(

Believe in yourself, Humans are hunters by nature. A 10k jog should come naturally.

Kentpaul

Kent, do you copy and paste some of you posts from other sites?

Only information describing places. I should really have put quoting on the text before posting.

I am extremely lazy and lack motivation at times due to some emotional problems I'm going through. (Lack of serotonin just makes me pretty flat at times, Sometime's i get a spike in motivation and like tidy the entire house like it ain't no thang)

Kentpaul

Here was me thinking you simply had flashes of brilliance. Tash will be disappointed.

The post was simply describing the place i was heading to, Prior to my Google search i had no clue about the place. All i knew was that the place was near the english border and my friends girlfriend stays in the area.

Kentpaul

I'm just joking Kent. Enjoy it man, it sounds gorgeous!

I know its going to be steep. Every step is going to question my choice about going, But shit man once i start to see the awesome views it will be so worth it. I'm also looking forward to the roadtrip on the way down. A certain mood will fill up the car, we will all be excited.

My friend also has kid cudi's new album. Shit's going to be a great roadtrip.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
You lied to me Kent
I feel dirty and the blood on my hands will never wash off

Morning gaf
Yet another hangover with a bad stomach to remind me of how poor my diet has been this weekend and my lungs feel shiiiiit

Also sun burn

....how's everyone else's weekend

Kentpaul

Your lied to me Kent
I feel dirty and the blood on my hands will never wash off

Morning gaf
Yet another hangover with a bad stomach to remind me of how poor my diet has been this weekend and my lungs feel shiiiiit

Also sun burn

....how's everyone else's weekend

Been chilling on the sofa in a state of pure bliss smoking weed. Managed to watch a great selection of stuff on netflix (American werewolf in London, The inbetweeners ect)

Chinner

Banned
CHEEZMO™;56823018 said:
Spent the night feeling up some married 32 year-old woman

your the new donkey show. its the cheezmo show now, get out of the way donkey and feel the full thrust of cheezmo doggy style

Hystzen

Damn some hot mums in the park today and they always come over to stroke the dog sometimes it worth taking him for a walk

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Iron Man 3 was actually really good! Easily on par with the first, there are still things I prefer in the first but everything tied in perfectly.. Definitely restored my faith in the series
That was around the 4km mark you cruel git. I typed it out at the start, knowing I'd need it, but I should've saved it for later!
What was your time?

Chinnor are you sure you should be teaching English

Hystzen

Fuck You X-COM goddamit I hate squad wipes due to bizarre bs

I still love this game though and that free patch/dlc campaign modifiers Second Wave makes game more fun

NinjaBoiX

"She looks as if she's blowin' a kiss at me,
And suddenly the sky is a sizzle,"

Alex Turner is a wordsmith I tells you.

SKINNER!

Banned
Chillin' out in the backgarden with my dad playfully arguing about music ("Roxy Music were such a fantastic band at their prime) and reminiscening on the good ol' days when we used to go camping with the cub scouts (He was a leader) when I was like 10. He used to be such an uptight ass but he's sort of turned into a good friend now.

Hystzen

Roxy Music are the shit man they also pretty sweet live

one few bands I refuse to remove from iPod if I ever need to make space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom