• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
My eyes are like pissholes in the snow and I am trying to hold it together as I swear to god I'm going to throw my sister into a brick wall

Where is that kp

Gray mare's tail just a few miles outside Moffat. The cafe in moffat does a really good homemade burger. Perfect place to chill for some post hike conversation and future plans discussion with friends.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attrac...re_s_Tail-Dumfries_and_Galloway_Scotland.html

I prefer heading north for my exploration of Scotland but my friends girlfriend stays local and really wanted us all down to check out some of the local hiking trails. In a few weeks time were all planning on chipping in some cash money to rent out a log cabin for a few days then on the last day conquering the ben lomond mountain.

Hiking is a really good hobby and i fully recommend everyone find some local hills and get your boots on!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Nice, in Devon there is a big event called ten tors where schools assemble teams to hike on dartmoor, I did the 45 mile when I was 16,great experience and we got blazed at night after walking 35 on the first day..felt greaaaaaat

Me and my friend hiking into the unknown, Mist all around us.

That looks like that bit out of Skyfall. Neat!

Rubbish King

Right,about to leave Devon,farewell to thee

Will miss the family even though they do my fucking nut in

I guess that's just how it works ey

Talk to you later guise

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
That looks like that bit out of Skyfall. Neat!

I really enjoy going to the most awesome environments in my reach. I felt like i was in lord of the rings climbing mount doom at the end of it, Couldn't see two feet in front of me.

hx_Hh_BIQjoz_Dc_XXQIGU1gz5z4m_VEg_Yses9f_Ya_U5bpc_Eg.jpg

Then at the very top we stumbled across this uncanny loch.

u_Jm_Xo_VOg_ERXb_G9of_Ba2ym_OM7ju_GUD6_BKQ_1_Fd_895_E.jpg

I look forward to many more years of life and the opportunities to explore more of this awesome land.

Jordan

Gym pricing fucking sucks.

How can they want between £50-£65 just to work out?

There are cheaper ones near me, but the reviews are absolutely terrible, or the money you save is the money you'd end up paying in parking every time you go!

defel

There are cheaper ones near me, but the reviews are absolutely terrible, or the money you save is the money you'd end up paying in parking every time you go!

Ye Im registered at the uni gym which is £160 for 12 months which isnt too bad compared to the local Virgin Active which was £60 per month alone. Problem is the uni gym is ridiculously busy, its almost unusable at any time apart from the morning :/

Jordan

Ye Im registered at the uni gym which is £160 for 12 months which isnt too bad compared to the local Virgin Active which was £60 per month alone. Problem is the uni gym is ridiculously busy, its almost unusable at any time apart from the morning :/

This is my problem, there's The Gym Group and all the reviews are saying it is unusable and you might as well just work out at home - That's £16 per month. Fitness First is about 7 miles away from my house, £50 per month. Virgin Active is like a five minutes walk from my house and ridiculously priced - Yeah, I can get the 18-25 saving but it's still ridiculously expensive.

SKINNER!

Banned
Work gym is free but it's always busy except for early mornings (6am) and evenings (6pm to late). Used to go in the evenings but ever since work got busy I either never get the chance to or I just want to go home and relax. I have been casually walking around Glasgow for about 30 minutes ever other day and taking the stairs to my flat every other day to compensate for missed gym sessions but I really need to pull my finger out.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Out in Laaaahndon with the mrs for our anniversary today, doing a bit of shopping and drinking and canoodling, all very nice. Can any of London GAF recommend a good place to go for dinner? Was thinking the steakhouses that Musha mentioned.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

£20 to register at my Gym and £4.50 for each session. Also, it's run by the council so I can use other council run gyms in the county. Smells like shit on Wednesday for some reason.

Jordan

Out in Laaaahndon with the mrs for our anniversary today, doing a bit of shopping and drinking and canoodling, all very nice. Can any of London GAF recommend a good place to go for dinner? Was thinking the steakhouses that Musha mentioned.

I was quite a fan of Planet Hollywood when I went with ex misses, there's a huge steakhouse just by Leicester Square, you can't really miss it.

Work gym is free but it's always busy except for early mornings (6am) and evenings (6pm to late). Used to go in the evenings but ever since work got busy I either never get the chance to or I just want to go home and relax. I have been casually walking around Glasgow for about 30 minutes and taking the stairs to my flat every other day to compensate for missed gym sessions but I really need to pull my finger out.

I would start running around here, but I would feel like a complete lemon running around at so early in the morning or at night. I do walk quite a bit, but not enough to feel fit and healthy.

I could do some of the P90 stuff at home, but the reason I wanted a gym was to get out of the house so I'm not feeling cooped up all night after work.

Well, I'm not LondonGAF anymore but I can recommend a few nice places.

The Hawksmoor, near Seven Dials, does excellent steak. The sides are awesome as well: chips cooked in beef dripping, or triple fried. This place ain't cheap though, and it's downstairs in a cellar so maybe not the best place to eat on a nice sunny day like today.

Rules restaurant, near Covent Garden. It's one of the oldest restaurants in London, dating back to the 18th century. This place does all sorts of fancy meats like game and deer and stuff, and it changes based on the season. There will almost definitely be something on the menu that you've never tried before.

L'Autre Pied, in Marylebone. Ooh la la, Michelin-starred restaurant with a nice 7 course tasting menu. Recommended with the wine flute.

You also can't go wrong with Nando's!

SteveWD40

Sounds like you need some budget gyms to move in and price them down.

In Manchester the big gyms used to be £50pm on a contract, since the "register online / £15pm" cheap and cheerful gyms moved in they have gone down to £29pm no contract...

Jordan

Sounds like you need some budget gyms to move in and price them down.

In Manchester the big gyms used to be £50pm on a contract, since the "register online / £15pm" cheap and cheerful gyms moved in they have gone down to £29pm no contract...

There are a few budget gyms just none very local. There are three within a five mile drive to me, virgin active, panther gym and the gym. There are a few small ones available that are pay as you go, but even that is ridiculous.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well, I'm not LondonGAF anymore but I can recommend a few nice places.

The Hawksmoor, near Seven Dials, does excellent steak. The sides are awesome as well: chips cooked in beef dripping, or triple fried. This place ain't cheap though, and it's downstairs in a cellar so maybe not the best place to eat on a nice sunny day like today.

Rules restaurant, near Covent Garden. It's one of the oldest restaurants in London, dating back to the 18th century. This place does all sorts of fancy meats like game and deer and stuff, and it changes based on the season. There will almost definitely be something on the menu that you've never tried before.

L'Autre Pied, in Marylebone. Ooh la la, Michelin-starred restaurant with a nice 7 course tasting menu. Recommended with the wine flute.

You also can't go wrong with Nando's!

Lol thassa bit rich for my blood :p thinking street food maybe after we filled up on fajitas back in Camden. Since been to soho to stock up on comics and adult materials, now sitting in de Hems enjoying a Lindeboom. London is ace but gets expensive quick!

SKINNER!

Banned
I would start running around here, but I would feel like a complete lemon running around at so early in the morning or at night. I do walk quite a bit, but not enough to feel fit and healthy.

Nah, you shouldn't prevent yourself from exercising because people will think you're weird. Headphones my man! Screw the haters.

Also, finally stumbled onto the tattoo thread. That is one talented ink artist you got working on your arm Musha. Looks really good!

Darren870

Where exactly in London are you looking to eat?

Gym wise, I am a member of 2. Work one is 37 a month and the other is 5 pounds every time or 40 pounds a month. Usually do the pay as you go since I go to the work gym more.

Lol thassa bit rich for my blood :p thinking street food maybe after we filled up on fajitas back in Camden. Since been to soho to stock up on comics and adult materials, now sitting in de Hems enjoying a Lindeboom. London is ace but gets expensive quick!

Hehe, yeah I should've made it clear: those are excellent places to go when someone else is paying! ;-)

Suairyu

Banned
Just got back from a day dicking about with the work camera. My co-worker stood in for a model on the Barbican, and we went to a nearby lake for some footage of swans and ducks and dogs. Lovely afternoon.

Going to crack open a bottle of scrumpy now.

Rubbish King

Hang on a second...

We're missing a really clear solution to your problem

Just got back from a day dicking about with the work camera. My co-worker stood in for a model on the Barbican, and we went to a nearby lake for some footage of swans and ducks and dogs. Lovely afternoon.

Going to crack open a bottle of scrumpy now.

....care to share some pics?

3Sixty

This is my problem, there's The Gym Group and all the reviews are saying it is unusable and you might as well just work out at home - That's £16 per month. Fitness First is about 7 miles away from my house, £50 per month. Virgin Active is like a five minutes walk from my house and ridiculously priced - Yeah, I can get the 18-25 saving but it's still ridiculously expensive.

Gym Group is fine.

I'd avoid peak hours though.

Rubbish King

Forgetting sarah marshall was aiight

gimme some rom coms guys, ive watched so many the pipes are going dry

Jam : http://www.thisismyjam.com/stx

Currently Boards of Canada - Nlogax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_zhrh3oGTdE

Managed not to die of Beer consumption in the Stuttgart Beer tent, this was the scene at 2130.
cats in pajamas?
Lol.

In fairness, played in Fareham
the course near the trainline? i saw people playing golf

maybe i saw you

maybe.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This is my jam? A site for sharing one song? What's the difference between that and just posting a link to it on YouTube?

I clearly missed a trick by not including Wagamama in the OP.

Suairyu

Banned
This is my jam? A site for sharing one song? What's the difference between that and just posting a link to it on YouTube?
Why would anyone use Twitter instead of Facebook?

Both serve different functions.

This Is My Jam automatically creates an up to date playlist out of all your friends' jams.

Sometimes, specific-purpose utilities are superior to multi-purpose.

Rubbish King

i did actually hint we were missing the obvious but i thought somebody would get it :(

I clearly missed a trick by not including Wagamama in the OP.

yes, yes you did

shame on you.

I feel like i should also be included in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom