• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
What's the best tool for recording video of what's on your PC screen? Don't say FRAPS.

I need to be able to define the recording area to the pixel.

edit - the one ex I actually physically hate (and she knows this) just attempted to connect with me on LinkedIn. Ending the day with rage.

You guys have some strange ideas for what qualifies as a romantic comedy.

The Princess Bride though is quite possibly one of the greatest films ever made of all time ever

f0rk

I just watched the first episode of Attack on Titan. I haven't watched any anime before and this is pretty silly.

edit - the one ex I actually physically hate (and she knows this) just attempted to connect with me on LinkedIn. Ending the day with rage.
She wants your professional connections.

Suairyu

Banned
Tashbrooke you're a cunt and I don't mean that in the British sense of the word.

She wants your professional connections.
Last I checked we're completely different industries. She isn't getting my connections.

Do I respond to her email request with a big "Why? What are you doing?" or just leave it?

She's left me in peace now for over a year. This is most unwelcome.

SKINNER!

Banned
Hugh Grant is overrated.

Which is why he's in the avoid list :p

You consider Pearl Harbour a comedy??

More hilariously terrible than anything else. It certainly wasn't a war epic either. Failing hard at the " Tragic disaster/unbreakable love" formula that was going on at the time. Still somewhat bitter that I wasted my money to see it in the cinema.

+1 for I Love You Man.

Maybe its me but I personally found Eternal Sunshine incredibly depressing. Fantastic film but not a romance or comedy flick imo. Is Lost in Translation considered a romance film? Still worth checking out anyway.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
What is the deal with The Princess Bride? I keep hearing it referred to as this great film but I dunno, 'Princess' and 'Bride', never stood out as being a film I should see, How wrong am I and why?

What is the deal with The Princess Bride? I keep hearing it referred to as this great film but I dunno, 'Princess' and 'Bride', never stood out as being a film I should see, How wrong am I and why?

You.....you've never seen it??????

Watch it immediately. NOW.

Edit: although it might not have the same impact watching it for the first time as an adult. Maybe you have to have seen it as a kid to appreciate the genius of it. Everyone I know who loves it saw it in childhood. This will be interesting, let me know what you think of it.

NinjaBoiX

What is the deal with The Princess Bride?

You.....you've never seen it??????
I8PEuCh.jpg

I agree Jed, watch it. Great comedy.

Edit: just read your edit Musha. Yeah, a fair caveat that it is super cheesy. But that's why it's awesome!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
"My name is Inigo Montoya..."

The climax of his story is up there with the best scenes of all time IMO.

Another romcom recommendation for Tashbrooke that doesn't get enough love:

In Search of a Midnight Kiss
In_Search_of_a_Midnight_Kiss.jpg

Helps if you're a fan of Woody Allen or Before Sunset.

MiKeD

Banned
Ronnie just won his 5th World Title earlier tonight. I assume nobody here could literally give a damn :lol
Shame

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
CHEEZMO™;57000194 said:
what is this jam thing you're all on about anyway?
Just another social media thing except for sharing music. You post a link and it will host a spot for your followers to listen to the track from and your homepage will be populated based on music posted by the people you've followed.

Twitter for music I guess.

f0rk

CHEEZMO™;57000194 said:
what is this jam thing you're all on about anyway?

You put one song up at a time as your jam then you have a playlist of the jams of all the people you are following.

That Justice album was pretty weak, I was disappointed

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Apparently YT links aren't cool you guys, givemesomejam is the new hotness.
Well despite what may have come across as snark earlier (it was meant to come off as simple curiosity) it's pretty good for someone like me who needs to expand their taste. I just set it to play some random jams and I hear stuff I'd never go out of my way to hear. Some good some bad, but all new.

Also I can make funky custom album art and backdrops.

NinjaBoiX

Well despite what may have come across as snark earlier (it was meant to come off as simple curiosity) it's pretty good for someone like me who needs to expand their taste. I just set it to play some random jams and I hear stuff I'd never go out of my way to hear. Some good some bad, but all new.

Also I can make funky custom album art and backdrops.
Yeah, I'm just joking, I can totally see the appeal to be honest. As Jackben said, like twitter for music.

I was just bring snarky based on f0rk's, "It's not posted on itsmyjam, so it doesn't count, and I'm not listening" response.

I was like, "Jesus, sorry, I didn't realise there was system dude!"

Maybe I'll make some jam.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Got to the bus stop and someone came up to me trying to offer me a Bible lecture. I simply said no thank you I'm fine and then I got faced with the most cryptic question, what makes you fine? Do I tell my good looks or the fact nothing disasterous has happened to me today. Good thing my bus came in that moment so I just said sorry my bus is here. I think she thought that was my answer to her question.

Jordan

Got to the bus stop and someone came up to me trying to offer me a Bible lecture. I simply said no thank you I'm fine and then I got faced with the most cryptic question, what makes you fine? Do I tell my good looks or the fact nothing disasterous has happened to me today. Good thing my bus came in that moment so I just said sorry my bus is here. I think she thought that was my answer to her question.

Should of just told her that the bus was sent by God to escape her the loony...

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
first day of insanity√

Morning people! How was everyones Bank Holiday weekend?
messsy and i regret how badly i treated my body
Home Alone. Gotta be.
nahh m8

i fucking hate people like that

NinjaBoiX

I would have seriously told him to fuck off.

Gotta be polite to strangers, but if you basically tell him you haven't got time, then he blatantly keeps pushing his questions on you, then sorry, but he needs shutting down.

God wouldn't have been impressed, I know that much. He was too busy for silly questions.

Reknoc

I achieved nothing this long weekend other than watching Iron Man 3, which has the best opening song in a film ever.

Woah, that's way to deep. If someone asked me that in the middle of the street I'd probably just have a break down.

SteveWD40

I would have seriously told him to fuck off.

Gotta be polite to strangers, but if you basically tell him you haven't got time, then he blatantly keeps pushing his questions on you, then sorry, but he needs shutting down.

God wouldn't have been impressed, I know that much. He was too busy for silly questions.

Yup, some guy tried to hand me and the gf some god bother-er shit the other day, when I said "no thanks" he said "it won't bite" in a sarcastic tone, so I replied "I will"...

fJIEa.jpg

SKINNER!

Banned
Yup, some guy tried to hand me and the gf some god bother-er shit the other day, when I said "no thanks" he said "it won't bite" in a sarcastic tone, so I replied "I will"...

Ice cold!

Jeez guys, the correct answer to say to Christian/Hindu/Buddhist/Jehonvah's Witness missionaries and Scientologists is that you're following another religion. That way they can't be all like persecuting you by convincing you to convert and shit yo! Athiests = easy targets.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Luckily the whole thing lasted a minute. While I was at Uni I ended up having some old lady nattering at me for ages while I was waiting for a bus. I'm far too polite for my own good.

Woah, that's way to deep. If someone asked me that in the middle of the street I'd probably just have a break down.
Yeah, I was certainly not expecting to have that question thrown at me.

Maybe I'll reverse it and ask them if they have heard the good news of El Cantare?

SteveWD40

Ice cold!

Jeez guys, the correct answer to say to Christian/Hindu/Buddhist/Jehonvah's Witness missionaries and Scientologists is that you're following another religion. That way they can't be all like persecuting you by convincing you to convert and shit yo! Athiests = easy targets.

From now on I am going to say I am a High Priest of Crom.

I am not actually Atheist, more Agnostic Theist actually.

Reknoc

The only thing I'm ever expected to be asked at a bus stop is "are you waiting for this bus?" and maybe, maybe, "can I have a light?"

Luckily the whole thing lasted a minute. While I was at Uni I ended up having some old lady nattering at me for ages while I was waiting for a bus. I'm far too polite for my own good.

Yeah, I was certainly not expecting to have that question thrown at me.

Maybe I'll reserve it and ask them if they have heard the good news of El Cantare?

I think that's the answer to everything. I really need to watch more of those Happy Science films, I've still only seen the first one and it lost me near the end when the song started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom