• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Uh oh, sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays.

itGOdtrGKL4W6.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why would anyone use Twitter instead of Facebook?
So you can insult celebrities and then make the news for "trolling".

I was just asking a question on what the site was about. I just read the site's about section a bit more and I guess it's a bit more just sharing YT links. OK, I'll give it a go. And no I won't add that one song I like to link to a lot as my first jam.

Jordan

This gif is perfect to describe me at my previous job. So many people used to walk in and be like 'Jordan smile, it's Monday!' and that was the exact response.

So you can insult celebrities and then make the news for "trolling".

I was just asking a question on what the site was about. I just read the site's about section a bit more and I guess it's a bit more just sharing YT links. OK, I'll give it a go. And no I won't add that one song I like to link to a lot as my first jam.

Be sure to link to us :)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Jed, just take her to Wagas.

Lol, she isn't Tash y'know :p

Currently trekking over to Covent Garden as per J Tourrette's advice to try the MeatMarket, stopping off to top up on da booze a bit first. Mrs sniv has broken the seal, loo stops every 15 mins :p

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Office Space remains accurate for my office to this day. Right along with the lady whose voice sounds way too chipper on the phone and the shitty printer you just want to smash into pieces.

Unlike Milton I keep all my office supplies locked up in my desk, otherwise they disappear because people are assholes. Have a roll of tape, stapler, set of batteries, post-its and paracetemol. Learned the hard way to not just leave that stuff out in the open.

Suairyu

Banned
What's the point of signing up with a Twitter account when they want you to enter your email anyway?
It's a convenience tool. If you're signed into Facebook or Twitter, you're signed into This Is My Jam. I don't personally use it as I don't like linking this sort of thing to my Facebook, but I can see why others would.

Why do you hate technology, BGBW?

Jordan

What's the point of signing up with a Twitter account when they want you to enter your email anyway? It's just adding an unnecessary step.

Cool. You change your username at anytime. Nice not to be bogged down.

Well anywho, this is mine:
http://www.thisismyjam.com/JammyDodger

Followed!

My ex keeps liking shit I put up on facebook and it's getting really irritable. She hasn't spoken to me for over a month now and clearly has no interest in talking to me again. I keep removing the things she's liking to sort of get a point across (I could take the easy route and just remove her from facebook - but I'm a fool)

Edit - On a completely different note, Ellie Goulding really cannot sing...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmmm... do I link to the song that has been stuck in my head for a week and risk everyone hating me for ruining the playlist or put something safe like Raining Men?

Well hopefully I can use this is expand my taste.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Seriously guys i need another romantic comedy to watch, I cant find anymore goodns -_-

Cams Hall?

Yeah it was there. You might have seen me hacking around in the bunkers.
lol

Lol, she isn't Tash y'know :p

Currently trekking over to Covent Garden as per J Tourrette's advice to try the MeatMarket, stopping off to top up on da booze a bit first. Mrs sniv has broken the seal, loo stops every 15 mins :p

But you wish she was ..r.rr..r.right b..baka

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
just reel some off

Sometimes I feel lonely but that's not why I watch them, I just enjoy a good feel movie

Plus i get all soppy with a good love story

51CBZ%2Bu02YL._SX500_.jpg

Watched this yesterday, it was great

Tash wat is wrong with you, watch some stuff with mens and guns.

Back on the train now after a thoroughly exhausting day, topped off by J Tourette's thoroughly awesome burger rec. knackered! That stuff we bought in soho is gonna gave to wait for tomorrow.

SKINNER!

Banned
Office Space remains accurate for my office to this day. Right along with the lady whose voice sounds way too chipper on the phone and the shitty printer you just want to smash into pieces.

Unlike Milton I keep all my office supplies locked up in my desk, otherwise they disappear because people are assholes. Have a roll of tape, stapler, set of batteries, post-its and paracetemol. Learned the hard way to not just leave that stuff out in the open.

Same here. Keep all my good stuff in the desk drawer and lock it. Was shocked at how accurate Office Space was when I first watched it after a year of doing full-time. One of my favourite films ever.

Romantic comedies that I've seen that's worth checking out:-

There's Something About Mary
Groundhog Day
Jerry Macguire
Knocked Up
Scott Pilgrim vs the World
Girl Next Door (kinda? maybe more of a teen flick than a romantic comedy)
Silver Linings Playbook (not really funny all the time but enjoyable for a romantic film)

Romantic comedies I haven't seen but heard good things about:-

(500) days of Summer
High Fidelity
When Harry Met Sally

Honorable mention: 10 Things I Hate About You (Saw it when I was like 12. Can't remember if it was any good but I just thought I'd put it ou t there)

Romantic comedies to avoid:-

Anything with Richard Gere
Anything with Hugh Grant
Anything with Barbera Streisand
Pearl Harbour

EDIT: Jesus! That might just be the creepiest pic of Chris O'Dowd I've ever seen.

Rubbish King

Romantic comedies that I've seen that's worth checking out:-

There's Something About Mary
Groundhog Day
Jerry Macguire
Knocked Up
Scott Pilgrim vs the World
Girl Next Door (kinda? maybe more of a teen flick than a romantic comedy)
Silver Linings Playbook (not really funny all the time but enjoyable for a romantic film)

Romantic comedies I haven't seen but heard good things about:-

(500) days of Summer
High Fidelity
When Harry Met Sally

Honorable mention: 10 Things I Hate About You (Saw it when I was like 12. Can't remember if it was any good but I just thought I'd put it ou t there)

Romantic comedies to avoid:-

Anything with Richard Gere
Anything with Hugh Grant
Anything with Barbera Streisand
Pearl Harbour

seen almost all of those, however there is one thing wrong with this post

Hugh Grant is overrated.

Definitely, Maybe is a legit good film.

I might even watch it again tonight.

I think you should

Let us all bask in our feels

are-you-aware-of-how-many-feels-you-were-feeling_o_1008745.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
His film appearances don't bother me that much. But the women in that movie make it worth it IMO. Which is really the only thing you should be paying attention to in a romantic comedy if you're a male who is forced to watch one in the first place.

Tash is in that fragile stage between boyhood and maturity, we have to guide him the right way.

Suairyu

Banned
I Love You Man very cleverly takes the romcom formula and makes it about a bromance. Recommended.

Quite enjoyed How To Lose A Guy In Seven Days

Friends with Kids is offensive just for the idea that Adam Scott would have a film baby with someone other than Lizzy Caplan

I need my resolution damn it

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I Love You Man is one of the best films ever hands down. I didn't even think to count it as a rom-com. But yeah, watch that one if you haven't seen it.

Rubbish King

His film appearances don't bother me that much. But the women in that movie make it worth it IMO. Which is really the only thing you should be paying attention to in a romantic comedy if you're a male who is forced to watch one in the first place.

Tash is in that fragile stage between boyhood and maturity, we have to guide him the right way.
and WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED to mean
I quite enjoyed My Best Friends Girl
ahh yess, i remember that one
I Love You Man very cleverly takes the romcom formula and makes it about a bromance. Recommended.

Quite enjoyed How To Lose A Guy In Seven Days

I also liked fools gold... those two do work well together.....

Ahh ive been looking for more films with Rudd, lovable bastard he is
Friends with Kids is offensive just for the idea that Adam Scott would have a film baby with someone other than Lizzy Caplan

I need my resolution damn it

Have you actually seen it? It's really good, it was weird seeing him with someone else

It was like seeing Jenna Fischer in "a little help"

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It means you need some positive male role models in your life. Cheezmo, send this kid some reading material.

Rudd is from my hometown and my friend got to meet him and has a pic on Facebook of them goofing together when he was first in hospital after getting diagnosed with junior diabetes, lucky sob.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
seen almost all of those, however there is one thing wrong with this post

Hugh Grant is overrated.

You can't ask for romcoms and then talk shit about Hugh Grant, it's just not on. Dude was a lege in Cloud Atlas.

All romcoms other than Scott Pilgrim and 500 Days are shit, what's wrong with you boy???

I feel like I get all my romcom beats and more from watching New Girl. Although that's way more "com" than "rom", it leans into the luvvy duvvy stuff a lot more than a lot of sitcoms I've seen. Or at least it has been doing recently.

Ok yes, for sure but all of that dude's films are ace.

Green Hornet, dude.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I feel like I get all my romcom beats and more from watching New Girl. Although that's way more "com" than "rom", it leans into the luvvy duvvy stuff a lot more than a lot of sitcoms I've seen. Or at least it has been doing recently.

Green Hornet, dude.

Eh, I still enjoyed it. And Be Kind Rewind was also fun. He doesn't make perfect films but he makes enjoyable films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom