• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
I dunno if I want to be Jack Bauer. He's kind of insane. I need to be able to get through a day without torturing anyone.

"You better have this shirt in a large or so help me God I'm going to find your family and kill each and every one of them"

"I'm the last thing you’ll ever see if you cook my steak well-done"

"Tell me if the number 56 bus stops here. Do it! Tell me NOW!"

EDIT: Top of the page twice in a row. fuck!

3x1AN.gif

Suairyu

Banned
I cannot wait to move. Some asshole in the building blatantly has torrents on during the daytime, as the speed crashes around about 9am and only comes back up to reasonable speeds at 11pm.

Sucking up all my copper.

New place as fibre, so I'll be a free man once again.

Also, had to just install iTunes again so I could use my Shuffle. Holy fuck the interface has gotten bad. Took me a minute to find out how I could get to the damn Preferences menu.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I cannot wait to move. Some asshole in the building blatantly has torrents on during the daytime, as the speed crashes around about 9am and only comes back up to reasonable speeds at 11pm.

Sucking up all my copper.

New place as fibre, so I'll be a free man once again.

Also, had to just install iTunes again so I could use my Shuffle. Holy fuck the interface has gotten bad. Took me a minute to find out how I could get to the damn Preferences menu.

fibre wont always help bro, peek times can still be horrible

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wish I hadn't updated iTunes. I had an application that allowed me to search my library and have them added as the next song to be played. Due to iTunes changing the way it handles upcoming songs this functionality broke.

This MyJam site should have a big play button on the Explore section.

SKINNER!

Banned
Joining the myjam bandwagon: http://www.thisismyjam.com/shortysymd

Does anyone know a good alternative to iTunes? My old, broken laptop had my music library so I've been using Copytran to transfer songs onto my ipod but it seems to jumble up the alphabetical order of my songs. I've installed MediaMonkey but still haven't played around with it.

Reknoc

spotify premium is great. Shame Spotify have a less than steller videogame catalogue. Had to buy the Nier and Jet Set Radio OSTs off iTunes :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Spotify pissed me off when they changed the conditions of the free version to only allow a song to be played 3 times forever. Since I didn't use it everyday paying for it wasn't worth it and I was happy listening to the ads even if it meant the same thing over and over again. Yes I get ads didn't cover the costs so I don't need a lecture.

It introduced me to Ghibli Jazz so I'll give it that.

SKINNER!

Banned
Just use anything that doesn't say iTunes and you should be fine.

Sweet :p

Spotify pissed me off when they changed the conditions of the free version to only allow a song to be played 3 times forever. Since I didn't use it everyday paying for it wasn't worth it and I was happy listening to the ads even if it meant the same thing over and over again. Yes I get ads didn't cover the costs so I don't need a lecture.

It introduced me to Ghibli Jazz so I'll give it that.

They got rid of that about a month ago. All the songs that were locked on my account because of that condition are unlocked now.

Also, I need some Ghibli movie/music advice Britgaf :( Only seen Ponyo and wished I was on acid or something to appreciate it more.

EDIT: Favourite video game soundtrack. Go! Chrono Trigger soundtrack never
ever
gets old for me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well Spirited Away is my favourite, but I guess that also has my first Ghibli syndrome blinding me.

Of the others I like Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, though you should also read the manga after watching the film for the complete story (though the film does tell its own version of events so it doesn't feel imcomplete) and Porco Rosso.

They got rid of that about a month ago. All the songs that were locked on my account because of that condition are unlocked now.
Oh that's nice, maybe I'll open it again. Because I was an early user my free account had no limits which is why the sudden limit really got to me.

EDIT: Favourite video game soundtrack. Go! Chrono Trigger soundtrack never
ever
gets old for me.
I've been enjoying the soundtrack to The Last Story recently. My favourite fluctuates all the time.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Been watching TEACHERS on netflix. Shit's good.

Also been checking out some 80s horror movies. my favourite in the last few days was american werewolf in London.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is that Attack on Titan show any good? It seems crazy and good anime seems like a rare thing nowadays.
There are much better shows currently showing. And there are better shows from previous seasons.

For example:
This Season: Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
Previous Season: Love Live!

Kentpaul

Excellent film. 80's horror was cheesily brilliant. What else have you watched?

I found the love story between the nurse and the american pretty tense. I also love the backpacking at the start.

Over the last few days i have watched Vamp, Baise-Moi, The Backwoods, Zombies Zombies Zombies, Trailer Park of Terror , DMT: The Spirit Molecule, Molly's Girl,Lianna ,Me, Myself & Irene.

I love watching stuff i have never heard off, Shit reminds me of when i was a kid finding a dodgy dvd

Afternoon BritGAF, is anyone else sunburnt? My neck is sore but I'm thankful that I'm not as pale as the missus, she currently resembles a lobster.

Kentpaul

Afternoon BritGAF, is anyone else sunburnt? My neck is sore but I'm thankful that I'm not as pale as the missus, she currently resembles a lobster.

oh you, Your making me so jealous. I ain't even been out in the awesome weather yet. Won't be going out till 3.

I'm going to hop on GTA IV freemode and Gun some people down and get a decent chase on the go.l

oh you, Your making me so jealous. I ain't even been out in the awesome weather yet. Won't be going out till 3.

I'm going to hop on GTA IV freemode and Gun some people down and get a decent chase on the go.l

You should go outside now, it might be the only sun we get for a few days.

Jordan

I browse and post during the day, just depends on how busy I am. My phone won't let me update my jam! I have a new jam and I wanna share with everybody. I know f0rk will love it!

f0rk

Attack on Titan is my first anime, should I be watching something else instead? The contrast between the dark themes and the crazy Japaneseness is hilarious to me

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I browse and post during the day, just depends on how busy I am. My phone won't let me update my jam! I have a new jam and I wanna share with everybody. I know f0rk will love it!
Arn't you meant to keep the Jam for a week?

I'll post a more sensible one next time.

Attack on Titan is my first anime, should I be watching something else instead? The contrast between the dark themes and the crazy Japanese faces is hilarious to me
Well the posters in the anime thread find the show hilarious. It's probably not bad for a first anime.

Jordan

Arn't you meant to keep the Jam for a week?

I'll post a more sensible one next time.

Well the posters in the anime thread find the show hilarious. It's probably not bad for a first anime.

I don't think there's a set time. To be fair, I'm just changing it to whatever is actually 'my jam' and it's very rare that I'll have the same jam for more than a few hours.

I'm off to Heathrow Airport Terminal 3 by chauffeur... Exciting

f0rk

Uhh it took me 1 minute to find it, I guess this site isn't legit? I can't tell.

I also can't tell if this is tongue in cheek or just japanese

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
FUCKING GOT THE JOB!

I get to return back to Kent finally doing the same job at another school (IT Network Technician) while returning to my home area where my friends and family are. Thank fucking fuck and can get the rest of my life sorted with ease and now enjoy myself. Next ukgaf meeting is going to have me and my dancing skills returning! You're in for a special treat boys and girls.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
FUCKING GOT THE JOB!

I get to return back to Kent finally doing the same job at another school (IT Network Technician) while returning to my home area where my friends and family are. Thank fucking fuck and can get the rest of my life sorted with ease and now enjoy myself. Next ukgaf meeting is going to have me and my dancing skills!

Congrats brah :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom