• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

This is the worst

Edit: seems someone needs to spend less time playing dodgy ports and more time watching classic movies.

Jordan

Next people going to claim they never watched Gremlins, Fern Gully, Time Bandits, David Bowie's Crotch: The Movie (Labyrinth god i love that film) or Dark Crystal

I've seen Gremlins... :)

Edit - I can get myself back from this... I've seen... Howard the Duck!!!!!!

Hystzen

Think this proves all your childhood sucks geez man they like the staple of growing up watching 80's kids films

let me guess people never heard of Black Cauldron either (very underrated Disney film imo)

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I haven't seen any of the films just mentioned...

zh56GK7.gif

f45.gif

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm 20! All these films are before my time. I grew up on Disney films, damn it.

Look, if I say I've seen Hook will that help at all
Yeah that does help. Your humanity must just be hanging on a thread though, might want to strengthen that by checking out Princess Bride.

Mr. Sam

You guys need stop going to GAF meet ups where you get pissed and be locked in a room to watch some classics instead

I think you're playing fast and loose with the term "classics." I've seen The Thing, goddammit. Screw all the terrible live action films from Disney's dark years.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I think you're playing fast and loose with the term "classics." I've seen The Thing, goddammit. Screw all the terrible live action films from Disney's dark years.
Let's not false equivalence man. I love The Thing and in my adult life I consider it one of the best films I've ever seen. But I can also acknowledge it is as much a classic of its genre as Neverending Story and Princess Bride are classics of theirs. Classic childhood movies.

Can't speak for Black Cauldron though its name reminds me of Hocus Pocus.

Hystzen

Kind of playing it loose but they are more rememberable then most modern day films and have some charm n effort making them

The Thing is sweet I do love some John Carpenter films like Escape from New York etc

SteveWD40

Escape From New York is an amazing film, yes indeed.

Now we are cooking on gas, that film is a fucking classic. I have a real soft spot for early John Carpernter, in fact his films occupy a pretty big chunk of my top 10 (Assault on Precint 13, The Thing, Halloween, Escape from New York...)

Composed all his own music as well...

Bow bada bowwow

Rubbish King

Im scurred

Aww yiss, havent talked to Mike in like a week and we're going to skype when he gets home from work

Im pretty excited, sexually (ofc)

Steve, how old are you irl?

Suairyu

Banned
Very pleased at BritGAF's jam taste. Even BGBW's moe rock sounded good.

Actually, BGBW, can I get your perspective on Adobe's Creative Cloud-only announcement today?

It was a 'come as something from the year you were born' fancy dress party. So I went as Snake, Andy went as the shot pope. I made his pope outfit.

I'd go as Bill Clinton, then, seeing as he was elected on the day I was born. Never knew that!

(No I wouldn't that be far too boring)

SKINNER!

Banned
Next people going to claim they never watched Gremlins, Fern Gully, Time Bandits, David Bowie's Crotch: The Movie (Labyrinth god i love that film) or Dark Crystal

Only film I've seen in that list is Ferngully. and I can't even remember if it was that film or Thumbelina I saw in the cinema because I was quite young. First film I ever watched on the big screen (lousy small local work theatre) was Culkin's Nutcracker followed by Monkey Trouble, Lion King and then possibly either Baby's Day Out or Babe. Other films I remember seeing: The Flintstones, Dennis the Menace, TMNT 3, The Mask, Home "fucking" Alone 1 and 2! Was close to watching the Super Mario Bros. film but we missed the last showing that day. What a shame!

Look, my parents took me to shit films when I was a kid but they let me watch Robocop, Platoon, Die Hard 3 and Terminator 2 before bedtime so I'm grateful for that.

oh and I'm not trolling when I say this but I watched ghostbusters during uni days and, while its character are hilariously likeable, the film itself is seriously weak. Back to the Future is still badass though.

Reknoc

Given that they can't even get the game on PSN I doubt that's happening any time soon. It runs fine, anyway.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. I also don't think a game should say it'll be better when outside of some updated textures and lack of a not very good filter is generally worse than the original.

Rubbish King

Can we all do a petition to get mikeside back

I messaged Evilore and he didn't even respond to my polite little message

After talking to him he seems to regret what happened and man I miss him posting here

I figure if we get like 20 people to back him up the lore may acknowledge it atleast

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

After talking to him he seems to regret what happened and man I miss him posting here

I figure if we get like 20 people to back him up the lore may acknowledge it atleast

That would basically mean EL admitting he was wrong for perming Mike. I don't think it will happen.

Rubbish King

Would it? I just think he got the wrong end of the stick with all the other people acting up he grouped him in with them

I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. I also don't think a game should say it'll be better when outside of some updated textures and lack of a not very good filter is generally worse than the original.

True, I'm not seeing what exactly makes it a Director's Cut. The minimap is appreciated, as is the lower difficulty and the camera, but eh. I'm a first-time player, anyway, so I don't mind.

When I say it runs fine, I mean it has ran fine for me so far- there's a few framerate hiccups but that's it. I know some people have reported crazier bugs in the thread, but I can only go by my own experience.

Reknoc

True, I'm not seeing what exactly makes it a Director's Cut. The minimap is appreciated, as is the lower difficulty and the camera, but eh. I'm a first-time player, anyway, so I don't mind.

When I say it runs fine, I mean it has ran fine for me so far- there's a few framerate hiccups but that's it. I know some people have reported crazier bugs in the thread, but I can only go by my own experience.

Yea I wasn't expecting much run a little nicer, look a little cleaner and fix the map. I didn't really get any of that that lol it ran worse, the map was the same, and it had horrible echoing in the sound.

Tash it's a nice thing you're trying to do and I know Mike appreciates it, but I really don't think EviLore would change his mind, and we wouldn't want to see you banned for the same reason so it's probably best if you drop it.

Is Mike perma'd? What did he do?

It'll never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom