• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Haha, me too! At uni, a mate and I tried to eat 8 of them in one go (I can't quite remember why, I think there was an offer on them and we were drunk).

Trust me, it's not possible to eat 8 Greggs sausage rolls.

I could barely eat half of one the last time I tried one, it was greasy and wet and tasted like shit. I go to my local bakery every morning and get one and it's delish.

I'm on antidepressants for emotional issues, Spelling is the least of my worries.

Kent, life is made up from the small stuff. Spelling helps add to peace of mind. Write me an essay on the difference between there their and they're. 500 words, by 6pm this evening. Get on it lad!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
argh my job is so hard right now. currently on hold while i ping emails back and forth. Been here 4 hours so far and managed to get fuck all done that I need to... gah!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I'll never understand why people do this.

It's like pants and socks, why bother?

Hell, I'm about two pages behind the times here, but have to answer this one.

Ironed bedding is wonderful. Fresh sheets, neatly creased pillowcases, smooth duvet covers. Why would you not want?

I have no idea how on earth Greggs are still in business. Everything they make tastes awful, from the wet sausage rolls to the weirdly tangy half melted pizzas. Do yourself a favour and just get a Boots meal deal.

SteveWD40

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Yup, peasents.

This where it's at:

cm_philpotts_leeds-668x341.jpg

pret_a_manger430x300.jpg

EAT_Sandwich_Sm_1.jpg

Or better yet, make your own lunch and take it with you.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I go to Sainsbury's or Tesco. Sainsbury's have better sandwiches but worse crisp choice.

Or I'm reheating last night's leftovers.

Places like Pret and Eat are ridiculously over priced. The meal deals are good value, I think Sainsburys has the nicest sandwiches.

I make my lunch, I also make Andy's lunch for him (still haven't found anyone else who does this, I'm a mug). It's more difficult in this job as we don't have a microwave, but hopefully that'll be sorted soon.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Places like Pret and Eat are ridiculously over priced. The meal deals are good value, I think Sainsburys has the nicest sandwiches.

I make my lunch, I also make Andy's lunch for him (still haven't found anyone else who does this, I'm a mug). It's more difficult in this job as we don't have a microwave, but hopefully that'll be sorted soon.

Mrs Sniv used to make me lunches, bless her cotton socks. These days I get a free lunch at work so she's off the hook.

And yeah, those Eat sandwiches are ridiculous. Maybe the extra price is from paying all those early 2000s designers to put BIG WORDS all over the packaging.

You simply can't beat a Marks and Spencer chicken and bacon sarnie. This is an empirical fact.

sohois

I step into the Brit Gaf thread for the first time in about 5000 posts and what do I see? Greggs bashing. No wonder I stayed away.

Admittedly, much of their produce is low grade or downright awful, but I'd be shocked if you couldn't find one thing you really liked. For me it was always the Club Chicken Baguettes, always used to grab one from the greggs near my university when I lived there.

Was never a big fan of their sandwiches though; the crusts were always too hard and let down otherwise reasonable fillings.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmmm... checking out the map there may be a Marks n Sparks nearby. May check it out tomorrow or next week.

SteveWD40

M&S are good now as well, I should have mentioned their Ham Hock and Chicken sub as it's god like.

Places like Pret and Eat are ridiculously over priced.

Perhaps, but Philpotts are not, they even have a sign in the stores with a quote (which I can't recall fully) but it essentially says "you can always find things cheaper and lower quality", you get what you pay for in their case, hell you can tailor the sandwich down to the last detail.

NinjaBoiX

Do they still make Cheese & Onion pasties? (Greggs, that is.)
Well they do this soggy square of yellow onion mush, I think that's what you mean.

I had a chicken bake the other day for the first time in ages, I seriously started wretching. The chicken wasn't awful, but the creamy white sauce was just vile.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Subway is a shitty chain. Nearly every store I've been to has a shit attitude, nazi-like rationing of their mediocre ingredients and not even what I would consider a competitive price. Go local and stamp them out.

There's your American endorsement.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Subway is american man, you cant say its bad

Bah, American whippersnappers. My shop is surrounded by locally-owned restaurants/takeaways (probably 40 of them within half a mile being as I'm just off the seafront), many of them beat the pants off your subways and greggs and so on. I eat the most exquisite pasties nearly every day and they're not from any big name place.

Jordan

Why do I always want the most expensive things :(

Actually considering getting a credit card so I can get myself a laptop (Macbook Pro - Retina Display 15") :/

Can we just go back to childhood films for a sec? I just found out one of my favourites was made into a graphic novel and I need it in my life so badly,

This is the film, anyone seen it?

null_zps1e690d7f.jpg

Jordan

Can we just go back to childhood films for a sec? I just found out one of my favourites was made into a graphic novel and I need it in my life so badly,

This is the film, anyone seen it?

null_zps1e690d7f.jpg

I don't think I ever have, it was a bit before my time. I don't know what my favourite childhood film was - sad to admit but I was a huge fan of Grease, and then probably The Mask.

Guise Im out of rom coms again

halp

I thought I had a list for you, it appears I do not. All I have is: How Do You Know

Jordan

Do you need that horsepower? pretty sure the 13" air is half the price (and weight)...

I wanted a decent graphics card in it. It will be used for on the go gaming, or even just lounging around the house when I can't be bothered to sit upstairs alone. Would be nice just to be able to sit downstairs with the 'rents and play a few games. I'm fairly anti-social as it is, and even me sitting downstairs makes them a bit happier and at least I can chip into conversations as and when I feel comfortable.

SteveWD40

I wanted a decent graphics card in it. It will be used for on the go gaming, or even just lounging around the house when I can't be bothered to sit upstairs alone. Would be nice just to be able to sit downstairs with the 'rents and play a few games. I'm fairly anti-social as it is, and even me sitting downstairs makes them a bit happier and at least I can chip into conversations as and when I feel comfortable.

Gaming on the mac, bootcamp I assume? If so then have at it, just make sure you get applecare.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wish Apple Care wasn't so much. It was the best saving when you were a student. Like £40 compared with £4million.

The main reason I'd buy another MacBook is because I like the feel of OS X and the trackpad. Surprising how many laptop trackpads still suck.

Jordan

I wish Apple Care wasn't so much. It was the best saving when you were a student. Like £40 compared with £4million.

The main reason I'd buy another MacBook is because I like the feel of OS X and the trackpad. Surprising how many laptop trackpads still suck.

I loved the OS from when I used it. I know you're spending an awful amount of money for a laptop which if it didn't have the Apple name on it you could probably get for about £700 less, but they are nice laptops and everything about them feels like it is worth it.

Edit - I'm no longer a Junior :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom