• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Well I am drunk

Wicked shift

Opted out for the 5am finish so I'm on the way home now :D
Rampsbeck Country House

I look forward to those meetups that'll never happen :p
The meet ups happen in London! It's the northerners that are lazy
Only recently found this thread. Don't spend much time around this part of the forum...

Where do you live: Hertfordshire.
Where are you from: Nottingham (born), Durham (grew up).
University: Studied at Newcastle University.
Favourite Sport: Not sure I have one. Not big on sport.
Political party of choice: Labour/Green.
Favourite thing on the box: That's a big question. Can't pick one.
Favourite crisp flavour: Salt and Vinegar.
Favourite biscuit: Chocolate Digestive.
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: I don't want to admit there are more than 151 Pokemon, or more than the first series of the cartoon. I left Pokemon behind just before they extended it to that stuff.
Beano or Dandy: Both.
Welcome sir! I notice you have selected both in the beano versus dandy section, this is simply unacceptable. Show your allegiance or suffer under pain of death
Congratulations man, it's a fucking awesome phone!
Real talk: seriously, congratulations!!! I hope you're both very happy together!

Were you around for gen 1/2? Then get Heartgold/Soul Silver. Otherwise Black and White is meant to be the way to go (even if I can't stand the general look of Pokemon these days, too much jazzy shite on most of them).

Just spent a third full day in the library. Can't wait to have my exams over with now (got a 2:1 in the essay an did an all nighter for the other week, lovely jubbly).
Yes sir
At Wagamama's with Notts lass. Tash was right. :O
I fucking told you man I fucking told you

Scientifically proven by me
Where do you live: Dundee
Where are you from: Many places, but in the last ten years, Perthshire
University: University of Dundee
Favourite Sport:...
Political party of choice: SNP
Favourite thing on the box: Game of Thrones/Sherlock
Favourite crisp flavour: Salt and Vinegar
Favourite biscuit: Those German chocolate things with biscuit bases
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: I'm struggling to even name any, to be honest.
Beano or Dandy: Beano (sorry Desperate Dan)

Been lurking here for a while, thought I might post something.

Here's a question, who is BritGAF's northernmost poster? Do we have any proper teuchters here?
I find it weird people lurking this thread.. I'd be so bored by now

Black and White (the first one) is the best jumping-on point in the series in forever. It's a 'soft' reboot of the series.
Yes sir, good advice

NinjaBoiX

I love it that if Tash has been away from the thread for a while, he always makes a point to reply to everyone he's been talking to in an epic, multi-quote post.

He's such a nice lad is our Tash.

SleazyC

Anyone have any suggestions for iPhone cellphone provider? Tmobile looks mighty tempting with their unlimited data but I'm wondering how fast their network is and whether it gets good coverage in Oxford and London.

Jordan

I love it that if Tash has been away from the thread for a while, he always makes a point to reply to everyone he's been talking to in an epic, multi-quote post.

And then you read on facebook him saying 'Tru dat' and all niceness disappears. (Love you Tash)

Kikarian

Anyone have any suggestions for iPhone cellphone provider? Tmobile looks mighty tempting with their unlimited data but I'm wondering how fast their network is and whether it gets good coverage in Oxford and London.
Three is quite good with iPhone. Their network is quite fast in Manchester, not sure whether it is in London.

NinjaBoiX

And then you read on facebook him saying 'Tru dat' and all niceness disappears.
Tru dat

BPjJW1L.gif

Lirlond

Where do you live: Dundee
Where are you from: Many places, but in the last ten years, Perthshire
University: University of Dundee
Favourite Sport:...
Political party of choice: SNP
Favourite thing on the box: Game of Thrones/Sherlock
Favourite crisp flavour: Salt and Vinegar
Favourite biscuit: Those German chocolate things with biscuit bases
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: I'm struggling to even name any, to be honest.
Beano or Dandy: Beano (sorry Desperate Dan)

Been lurking here for a while, thought I might post something.

Here's a question, who is BritGAF's northernmost poster? Do we have any proper teuchters here?

Nah man dundees the northest. Majority of the Scots are central belt. Honestly the only thing of any worth past stirling are the hills !

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=556468

first four posts: ban! and further down Xun as well.

E3 and the subsequent weeks on GAF will be glorious this year. So many will die.
Like Steve said they were thread shitting, which has been clamped down on hard for some time now. The OP was trying to start a reasonable discussion about Nintendo, and the first page is dominated by posters angry that he dare discuss the matter because it has been talked about before.

The same thread shitting will happen with threads legitimately discussing whatever Sony or Microsoft don't get right.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Just watched Slugs the movie on netflix. What the fuck did i just watch.

Now my netflix will suggest even more crazy movies to assist my dive into movie insanity glory.

Haha amazing. I should have never doubted. It was so good after Wagamama's. :3

The Rio Roller Quad skates are decent for what you want to do.

http://www.skatehut.co.uk/m/skates/quad_skates_1/sfr_rio_roller_red_quad_skate.htm

Awesome thanks dude, although that colour scheme is horrid. I think I'll go with these

http://www.skatehut.co.uk/m/skates/quad_skates_1/sfr_rio_roller_neon_skull_quad_skate.htm

Now a friend told me that with roller skates you should buy a size smaller, is this true or bullshit?

Now my netflix will suggest even more crazy movies to assist my dive into movie insanity glory.

Would you recommend it then?

Awesome thanks dude, although that colour scheme is horrid. I think I'll go with these

http://www.skatehut.co.uk/m/skates/quad_skates_1/sfr_rio_roller_neon_skull_quad_skate.htm

Now a friend told me that with roller skates you should buy a size smaller, is this true or bullshit?
Haha yeah, that color is much better. And that size thing only applies if you're getting speed skates, which those obviously are not.

And ended up video skyping with Notts lass for like 3 hours last night after chilling with her for 10 yesterday. I r happy donkey. :3

E3 and the subsequent weeks on GAF will be glorious this year. So many will die.
Like Steve said they were thread shitting, which has been clamped down on hard for some time now. The OP was trying to start a reasonable discussion about Nintendo, and the first page is dominated by posters angry that he dare discuss the matter because it has been talked about before.

The same thread shitting will happen with threads legitimately discussing whatever Sony or Microsoft don't get right.

I really don't get it. By threadshitting you're just bumping the thread to the top of the board. If you don't like a thread, don't post! Seems simple.

Edit: I think I genuinely will get some popcorn for E3 :)

I really don't get it. By threadshitting you're just bumping the thread to the top of the board. If you don't like a thread, don't post! Seems simple.

Edit: I think I genuinely will get some popcorn for E3 :)

I'm going to have bags of the stuff for the 10th June. My plan is to watch all of the conferences that day (Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft and EA right?).
Going to be an awesome (if long) day for sure.

Haha yeah, that color is much better. And that size thing only applies if you're getting speed skates, which those obviously are not.

And ended up video skyping with Notts lass for like 3 hours last night after chilling with her for 10 yesterday. I r happy donkey. :3

Thanks dude. And congrats!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Insanity day 6 can wait till later

Morning*ish guys!

Day off today, gonna chill and watch tv, possibly go to the harvester and nurse this slight cold i seem to be suffering from

Had a really nice time at the pub, the queen tribute band were great and I was especially jealous of the guitarists awesome skills.

Many shenanigans and even had a few drinks bought for me!

Few hot girls there also....even chatted to one for a bit who lives reeeeaaaaaally close to me ^_^

As a day I'd give it a solid 7/10

muewpj_zps678af07c.gif

I just fink nobody should be ignored ^_^
http://ukmobilecoverage.co.uk/
And then you read on facebook him saying 'Tru dat' and all niceness disappears. (Love you Tash)
HEY!
Leave it out cuz
Feeling like this right now...

tumblr_mhb4qhouJT1ql2603o1_250.gif
This is amazing

So is it a Kentpaul Recommendation then?

Jordan

So, I'm definitely going to regret posting this... However...

Does anyone know any good paid for poker sites? I have an urge to play a few games of Texas Hold 'Em, but it's no fun without money.

I don't have a gambling problem...

zVeMu6j.gif

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
You're close enough to attend the meetup...

donkey show/Jedeye, I'm looking at buying roller skates, what would you/your missus recommend?

Mrs Sniv asks whether they're indoor or outdoor since you'll need different wheels depending on where you are skating. She says that roller-disco style boots are shitty but that you can pick up some good stuff from Skate Asylum. SHe has Ridell skates and says they're the shit.

Bear in mind I'm merely translating here, I have no idea what she's on about most of the time. Something about bearings being important? Oh god she's still talking, look what you've done!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'v seen that, the crazy ice cream stuff that everyone becomes addicted to. Lol the dog in the movie was the biggest addict.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/update/singles

Anyone else keeping an eye on the chart update page to check out the latest music and make this Sunday fucking perfect ?

Yes this is definitely what I am going to do today. Thanks KP! :D

I recommend watching Reform school girls on netflix.

If this movie doesn't have bewbs I am disappoint.

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm going to have bags of the stuff for the 10th June. My plan is to watch all of the conferences that day (Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft and EA right?).

Haven't checked the times but I hope this doesn't happen way too late. At least I can have it running in the background if its during work or resort to watching a recorded version from gametrailers in the evening.

Thanks dude. And congrats!

Any time! :) And I think I found the little bad girl we were talking about awhile back. :3

Mrs Sniv asks whether they're indoor or outdoor since you'll need different wheels depending on where you are skating. She says that roller-disco style boots are shitty but that you can pick up some good stuff from Skate Asylum. SHe has Ridell skates and says they're the shit.

Bear in mind I'm merely translating here, I have no idea what she's on about most of the time. Something about bearings being important? Oh god she's still talking, look what you've done!
The thing is, if Musha just wants to putz around and not be too serious, she doesn't need to spend mad cash on all that and just go with simple ones. I mean, if her budget goes past £100, then sure Riedell R3s and new bearings/wheels and all that jazz would be the way to go.

Lol, I'm so easily influenced that I ended up buying some popcorn at the shops this afternoon.

No way it's going to last until E3 though, I'll probably eat it tonight while I watch something on Netflix. I've heard good things about this "Reform School Girls" film...

Edit: didn't see Tash's bad news. Fuck cancer, man :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom