• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Daft punks new album is trash, I can't wait to sail down the fans tears.

You and every other daft punk fan should be ashamed of yourselfs. Why are you guys supporting this group ? Clearly daft punk have lost there touch and can't make good music any more. All there doing now is dragging there name and there fan's taste through 100 miles of dirt.

;)

Says the guy who thinks Eminem's Encore (and Relapse) are his best work.

seh6p.gif

NinjaBoiX

Kent, when it comes to peddling your music in here, you seem to deal only in gross hyperbole. I'm invariably disappointed after being led to believe the following track is sure to be, "better than sex on sliced bread."

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Kent, when it comes to peddling your music in here, you seem to deal only in gross hyperbole. I'm invariably disappointed after being led to believe the following track is sure to be, "better than sex on sliced bread."

Everything or nothing my friend. Accept nothing but the best or forever stew in mediocrity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVz1kUTdc48

Beez from Kid cudi's new album is a fine example of the rza being a mangod.

NinjaBoiX

What is with this 'Only on Xbox' avatar fad? What have I missed?
I thought the same thing. I nearly asked, until I realised I probably didn't care enough to hear the answer.

There is also a "better with Kinect" avatar meme too. How very droll.

/saltmode

f0rk

Using the original Xbox logo / Kinect as badges seems more of a slight towards Microsoft than support for them in my mind

Reknoc

I thought the only on xbox thing was some sort of ironic joke due to the 360s complete lack of exclusives in recent years.

Kentpaul

...shiiiit. Why would you want to brand yourself as a single console owner?!

Ah well, to each his own.

I only have 1 console rigged up to my TV, Fuck a messy TV stand with all sorts of consoles and wires all over the place. Today i was enjoying playing Amped 3 on my xbox 360, Cutting shapes on the hill side. Crystal clear HD graphics. The snow and backdrops look so damn fresh.

Having a ps3 rigged up to my set up would be like a dark depressing cloud raining all over my awesome sitting room.

You didn't answer my question.

You should be ashamed for following a group who put out such a mediocre album, Over in the Ram thread some of the fans are playing the album on repeat to try and enjoy it.

Playing albums on repeat is a form of torture.

http://www.andyworthington.co.uk/2008/12/15/a-history-of-music-torture-in-the-war-on-terror/

I will discuss it with you on steam chat.

SteveWD40

You should be ashamed for following a group who put out such a mediocre album

I don't "follow" anyone, they are musicians who's earlier work I liked, that's it. I even said the album was meh, tell me, in what way have I brought shame upon myself?

You said it, how am I ashamed? what, is it the way I talk? what?

How the fuck am I ashamed?

1239883735_goodfellas_-_joe_pesci.gif

;)

Chinner

Banned
All great fucking games.

But I'm guessing this is that thing where you cleverly deride the game under the guise of feigned enthusiasm.

they're good, but tired games. all of which have reached their peak years ago. i'm looking to spend my money on games that are fresh and try something different, so for me, putting 30 quid or 1500 baht on a game that plays like every other game just seems kind of wasteful. need to be careful with cash too, so im just really picky with what i buy nowadays.

but if you enjoy it then fair play suppose i cant criticise you on that element.

Kentpaul

I don't "follow" anyone, they are musicians who's earlier work I liked, that's it. I even said the album was meh, tell me, in what way have I brought shame upon myself?

You said it, how am I ashamed? what, is it the way I talk? what?

How the fuck am I ashamed?

1239883735_goodfellas_-_joe_pesci.gif

;)

During our steam chat about daft punk i caught some vibes that you were a hardcore daft punk fan.

I looked forward to bringing up how bad there new album was as i was listening to it.

NinjaBoiX

they're good, but tired games. all of which have reached their man years ago. i'm looking to spend my money on games that are fresh and try something different, so for me, putting 30 quid or 1500 baht on a game that plays like every other game just seems kind of wasteful.

but if you enjoy it then fair play suppose i cant criticise you on that element.
Nah man, that's damn good reasoning.

I'm a nerd of simple pleasures however, I can still get a kick out of shooty bang games!

Kentpaul

You need a hobby.

Hey Dave, Vita is getting Terraria...

I have a hiking hobby, This friday i'm going to the scottish highlands with some friends to stay in tepee's

tepee.jpg

I will be staying in them and hillwalking during the day and drinking/getting baked at night-time.

SmokyDave

I only have 1 console rigged up to my TV, Fuck a messy TV stand with all sorts of consoles and wires all over the place. Today i was enjoying playing Amped 3 on my xbox 360, Cutting shapes on the hill side. Crystal clear HD graphics. The snow and backdrops look so damn fresh.

Having a ps3 rigged up to my set up would be like a dark depressing cloud raining all over my awesome sitting room.
You crazy. The PS3 is a beast. I have a PS3, 360 and Wii-U under my TV and they look like 3 little plastic bouncers guarding my receiver.

I.... I'm not sure what to do about this...

You need a hobby.

Hey Dave, Vita is getting Terraria...
I know man. I'm equal parts happy and worried. I'll become a fucking hermit or something. When Terraria was first released, I was pulling all nighters and then going to work half asleep. Game is like crack. I dread the idea of having it on a sexy portable. It might push the missus into a Vita too, given that she's put hundreds upon hundreds of hours into the PC version.

Kentpaul

i just retro game nowadays, just satisfying.

I dig fun games like AMPED 3. Just good fun, I'm a big believer in fun video games that don't take themselves to seriously. But there is a line, Games like saints row 4 take the sugar out the tea with the over the top bullshit.

1129943594.jpg

Suairyu

Banned
Amped 3 has the most amazing story for a snowboarding game ever. Lots of fun.

Not a lot of legs to it though, as the base gameplay isn't really polished enough.

I'm glad Giant Bomb did that one video where they just played all the cutscenes from Amped 3, because those are some damn good cutscenes.

ME GUSTAS!

NinjaBoiX

skate 2 is the only boarding game you need.

The control system is simply exceptional. Basically, once you know which input affects which limb, you can work out how to do a trick simply through logic.

Method grab for example, grab the backside of the board with your leading hand, and pull it into your butt. That's exactly what you do in the game.

Even complex tricks like inward heelflips and hardflips make logical sense within the control scheme. It's ingenious.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
From what I gather, much like the Kaz avatars leading up to the Sony conference, they are to show support for upcoming Microsoft conference.

tbh I found the whole Kaz worship obnoxious as fuck too. But sometimes you gotta remember - there's children on the internet too and if they want to get excited then that's cool. But rampant fanboyism for a platform holder is kinda pathetic (soughNintendofanscough).

boy am i sure excited for halo, gears of war and forza!!!!

I'm excited for Halo :|

But you can make the same joke about the PS4. OMG Watch Dawgs and Killzone! Excited for Killzone even though the others were kinda crappy! Yaaaaay!

Gimme PS4 Ratchet and Clank. Gimme.

All great fucking games.

But I'm guessing this is that thing where you cleverly deride the game under the guise of feigned enthusiasm.

I saw you in the post pics thread. Your hair is most excellent.

I did a little dance.

Dude you're such a picthread stalker :p do you ever post any of yourself? I need to put a face to the enthusiasm.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
they're good, but tired games. all of which have reached their peak years ago. i'm looking to spend my money on games that are fresh and try something different, so for me, putting 30 quid or 1500 baht on a game that plays like every other game just seems kind of wasteful. need to be careful with cash too, so im just really picky with what i buy nowadays.

I think if you're into a series then it's ok to get hype, even if you know roughtly what you're getting from it. People do it for all sorts of games, not just broshooters (even though I wouldn't really put Halo in that camp). You get the crazy weeaboos with their Final Fantasy X 13 vs bullshit, bros with the shooters. sports fans with the yearly FIFA games... It's good to have some variety but you'll always have a preferred genre that keeps you coming back.

And really, at this point in the gen it feels like there aren't many games that aren't touched by the spectre of genericism. Even the indies with their hipster pixels or minimalist designs are getting samey.

I don't know what I'm saying any more. gamez r gud, yeh?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
953.gif

Third had a lot of flaws, but the second one was great.

I only played a little bit of it but if felt sluggish and icky. I played the first and that was reheated dogshit, so I was perhaps quick to judge. Still, nothing compelling me to play those drab SERIOUS games right now. And 4's only getting attention because ooooo pretty not FUCK YEAH KILLZONE JUST WHAT I WANTED.

This sentence doesn't really fit in a discussion about how stale video games are getting.

I would think as a Sonic person you could appreciate a colourful mascot game? Those games just make me happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom