• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Dude you're such a picthread stalker :p do you ever post any of yourself? I need to put a face to the enthusiasm.
It's the most lurked thread on GAF. True story. But yes, I need to show my face soon!
God forbid when you stay over at her place. :p
ISwtdsK.gif

I would think as a Sonic person you could appreciate a colourful mascot game? Those games just make me happy.

Sure, but recent Ratchet games felt a bit phoned in. As a Sonic fan, I know what happens when a colourful mascot series reaches its 8th entry- it's not exciting any more.

I'm looking forward to Knack, though.

You crazy. The PS3 is a beast. I have a PS3, 360 and Wii-U under my TV and they look like 3 little plastic bouncers guarding my receiver.

I'm the same. Except for the Wii-U. I just have a Wii. But I love having the freedom of many consoles to choose from. In the bedroom we have the NES and Snes hooked up as well if we fancy getting our retro vibe on.

skate 2 is the only boarding game you need.

The control system is simply exceptional. Basically, once you know which input affects which limb, you can work out how to do a trick simply through logic.

Method grab for example, grab the backside of the board with your leading hand, and pull it into your butt. That's exactly what you do in the game.

Even complex tricks like inward heelflips and hardflips make logical sense within the control scheme. It's ingenious.

You skateboard?

God forbid when you stay over at her place. :p

It's ok, the bloke will be there so there'll be no shenanigans

NinjaBoiX

You skateboard?
If it would suitably impress you, yes.

If you would expect me to do an 360° casper flip down a stair set in London, no.

No, but I'm a bit of a nerd about it. I could tell you how to physically do the tricks, that's gotta be kind of impressive right?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Sure, but recent Ratchet games felt a bit phoned in. As a Sonic fan, I know what happens when a colourful mascot series reaches its 8th entry- it's not exciting any more.

I'm looking forward to Knack, though.

This is true, I've only played a couple of them, I can imagine it being a bit grating after 8 games. But then, isn't this what we're talking about? As well as the devs being creatively morribund, the consumers will just keep buying the same old shit. If I get franchise fatigue then it's my own dumb fault for continuing to buy the same game, right?

I only played a little bit of it but if felt sluggish and icky. I played the first and that was reheated dogshit, so I was perhaps quick to judge. Still, nothing compelling me to play those drab SERIOUS games right now. And 4's only getting attention because ooooo pretty not FUCK YEAH KILLZONE JUST WHAT I WANTED.

Killzone 2 had a crazy controller layout, but had an amazing weight to aiming and movement.
Killzone 3 had better controls but lost a little of the feel to the gunplay.

I bought 1 for the PS2 and couldn't play it because it was so ugly (like all PS2 games on my TV). Going to grab the reworked HD version soon.
I'm glad they've at least took the risk of a different setting/idea for 4.

Suairyu

Banned
The weight was there, but so was a butt-ton of input lag.

They are objectively unreactive, poor controls.

That and the game itself is a very poor shooter in general.

NinjaBoiX

Right.

Wrong.
Well "sloppy" is probably pushing it, but they're definitely laggy. To less of an extent in KZ3.

GTA4 suffers the same problem, too many calculations (Euphoria being the main culprit in this instance) between input and visual feedback, it's holds the show up.

Criterion know the score, Hot Pursuit has one of the lowest input latencies for a 30 frame update game.

Digital Foundry: Hot Pursuit cuts pad lag to new lows

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Well "sloppy" is probably pushing it, but they're definitely laggy. To less of an extent in KZ3.

GTA4 suffers the same problem, too many calculations (Euphoria being the main culprit in this instance) between input and visual feedback, it's holds the show up.

Criterion know the score, Hot Pursuit has one of the lowest input latencies for a 30 frame update game.

Digital Foundry: Hot Pursuit cuts pad lag to new lows

Euphoria is the reason i play GTA IV daily, Every car chase, every gunfight, every mowing down of pedestrians is unique.

on others matters, i have a friend who doesn't floss and he know has extreme toothache.

Kentpaul

Oh I agree. I'd take the wonderful randomised carnage of euphoria over a more responsive Niko any day.

The slow niko + laggy console frame rate + floaty car controls = I have no idea why i play gta iv freemode every day.

Its a mystery.

Kentpaul

Dat cinematic feel Kent.

So tense when your dodging in and out of traffic with a mob of angry american's hot on your tail.

GTA IV freemode is a multiplayer highlight this gen, Pitty about the modders that spam up the matches sometimes.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So tense when your dodging in and out of traffic with a mob of angry american's hot on your tail.

GTA IV freemode is a multiplayer highlight this gen, Pitty about the modders that spam up the matches sometimes.

Strong truth. I always like to pick a colour dot on the radar and make him my nemesis. Some of the most amazing moments I've ever had in gaming were in GTA multi.

I think my favourite kill ever was when I was being chased by this dude and had gotten quite far ahead - I had a rocket launcher so I skidded to a stop in the middle of the street, got out of the car and aimed my sights down the middle of the street. As soon as his car appeared I pulled the trigger and the thing detonated not 20 feet in front of me, sending the car spinning over my head. Got back in my car, wheel-spinned and tore the fuck out of there like a pro. Pure Michael Bay emergent gaming bliss.

Kentpaul

Having to live on tesco value food for a week so i can afford my hiking trip this weekend. sacrifices have to be made in life. Buying weed by the gram on demand to this week, It's weird not dealing in 8th's.

Star Trek: Into Darkness was pretty great , could not take Cumberbatch as a villain serious but he has a menacing voice.

I gave up star trek after they cut the enterprise show short. It was really starting to get amazing.

Life goes on.

Strong truth. I always like to pick a colour dot on the radar and make him my nemesis. Some of the most amazing moments I've ever had in gaming were in GTA multi.

I think my favourite kill ever was when I was being chased by this dude and had gotten quite far ahead - I had a rocket launcher so I skidded to a stop in the middle of the street, got out of the car and aimed my sights down the middle of the street. As soon as his car appeared I pulled the trigger and the thing detonated not 20 feet in front of me, sending the car spinning over my head. Got back in my car, wheel-spinned and tore the fuck out of there like a pro. Pure Michael Bay emergent gaming bliss.

Pretty risk move though, If you missed you were dead meat. I always pick up some sticky bombs and chuck them on the road and detonate them when I'm on the move. I don't leave the car unless its on fire.

I once drove my mate to the bohan beach and was speaking all calm like to him on the drive up, Once we got there i got out the car and calmly walked round and slaughtered him. After a good nemesis situation started we started picking up strangers and taking them to the beach to kill them. It was all fun and games till we picked up a fucking modder.

Next time i see you online i will shoot you an invite and we will kick the shit out of each other in LIBERTY CITY. Shit will be so cash bro

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Coldman posts a picture from Pokémon, Kent responds with a melancholic tale of Tesco Value meals and weed. As you do.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
fucking colds man motherfuckdicktwatshitfacedpissheadprick

bought a pack of ten today....feelsbadman

not gonna do insanity today..this chesty cough and runny nose is draining me -_-

a bad day in the life of tashbrooke

Rubbish King

I was just about to ask where Tash was, you haven't checked in since this morning. I was getting worried.
I cant post at work :( and i was in no state to internet this morning

Gonna listen to RAM whilst I have a bath

Hopefully I'll either be tired enough to sleep or I'll have to play some vidya games... Mike kindly gifted me Warhammer 40K so atleast I have something fresh to play :)

Fuck I wish he could still post here though
CHEEZMO™;57668026 said:
I know how you feel man. I was like that all last week.

get_over_here_bro_by_lesmestiar-d3xqw6o.png

Rubbish King

My new favourite gif
kangroo-playtime-is-over.gif.pagespeed.ce.N1KAJxvh_E.gif
I was supposed to be watching it with the wife but now I'm in the doghouse as I have a work engagement Saturday evening I can't get out of.

What's worrying is I don't know if I'm pleased or disappointed I'm missing it :/

Sup mang, where've you been hiding?!

I was supposed to be watching it with the wife but now I'm in the doghouse as I have a work engagement Saturday evening I can't get out of.

What's worrying is I don't know if I'm pleased or disappointed I'm missing it :/

I meant is anyone watching it now. You should be devastated you're missing it on Saturday.

Dubstep rapping astronauts ftw

it won't qualify though :(

No, they were awful. I'm pretty much enjoying everyone else though.

One year, I'll have a massive Eurovision party.

One year, I'll actually go to Eurovision.

Come on Bonnie.

Hystzen

No, they were awful. I'm pretty much enjoying everyone else though.

One year, I'll have a massive Eurovision party.

One year, I'll actually go to Eurovision.

Come on Bonnie.

Nah man at least it was different plus great see dubstep invaded euro

Soon as Denmark turned up this competition is over might well enjoy the shitter ones.

I'm out saturday so missing main event but Denmark qualify its won

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I only watch the finals. My mother and I always watch it. My father just has to put up with it since we're going to eat dinner in front of the television.

I'd go to a Eurovision party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom