• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Totally got fucked over my greenman

Well it was partially my fault..

Got a voucher code for spec ops the line, they didnt really specify if it was for steam or green man

So i put it in steam.. nothing

So i go onto greemangaming and add spec ops the line in the basket and see the option to add the other code, whack it in.. Success, it's now free

Then it says make an account, so i have to create one, do that

But what now? ive been directed away from the sales screen so i return to the basket which now has nothing in it, add spec ops and it has no price reduction....voucher code no longer works

check in the account thing and find a voucher code section

None in there

Ring them up.. Friendly guy apologises saying if you enter it whilst not in the account the code basically comes up as used and the digital copy isn't retrievable so he'll confirm with my friend who bought it for me and then send another

a few hours fly by and nothing...ring up again Guy says he'll chase it up.

Then my friend gets this email

HI

We have received a telephone call from your colleague who has unfortunately managed to use the voucher code, without actually receiving the game.

Sadly we are not in a position to supply additional codes.

Regards
Andrew

Green Man Gaming & Playfire
Customer Service

Ring up again...because i mean come on...this guy said it was an easy mistake to make and that he will send another

I explain the situation and he says he's sorry but pretty much...tough shit

Well that's annoying

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Nah, man. I'm in the camp that says games are still just as good as they've always been, if not better. It's just about more than how it plays now.

We're in a different period. Hotline Miami was shit hot, but that doesn't mean nothing else is.

Gotta open your eyes to the reality of the situation. Gaming ain't the same.

I was playing hitman a few days ago and the missions went from the awesome sandbox hitman levels i love to fucking splinter cell conviction shoot em up a to b cod bullshit.

Gaming in a nutshell.

And yes i have done many all nighters with the bro's back in COD4

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Totally got fucked over my greenman

Well it was partially my fault..

Got a voucher code for spec ops the line, they didnt really specify if it was for steam or green man

So i put it in steam.. nothing

So i go onto greemangaming and add spec ops the line in the basket and see the option to add the other code, whack it in.. Success, it's now free

Then it says make an account, so i have to create one, do that

But what now? ive been directed away from the sales screen so i return to the basket which now has nothing in it, add spec ops and it has no price reduction....voucher code no longer works

check in the account thing and find a voucher code section

None in there

Ring them up.. Friendly guy apologises saying if you enter it whilst not in the account the code basically comes up as used and the digital copy isn't retrievable so he'll confirm with my friend who bought it for me and then send another

a few hours fly by and nothing...ring up again Guy says he'll chase it up.

Then my friend gets this email

HI

We have received a telephone call from your colleague who has unfortunately managed to use the voucher code, without actually receiving the game.

Regards
Andrew

Customer Service

Ring up again...because i mean come on...this guy said it was an easy mistake to make and that he will send another

I explain the situation and he says he's sorry but pretty much...tough shit

Well that's annoying
Wow that is total bullshit. That email is smarmy as hell too. Good to know their customer service is awful, I don't fuck around with GMG anyway (always seemed a bit dodgy IMO). I would be livid if that happened to me.

Rubbish King

Wow that is total bullshit. That email is smarmy as hell too. Good to know their customer service is awful, I don't fuck around with GMG anyway (always seemed a bit dodgy IMO). I would be livid if that happened to me.

I am pretty upset about it, but i dont want to shout at a person doing their job in customer service

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You should post that in the GMG thread on GAF and on the GMG forums and raise a fuss about it. It looks like this isn't an isolated issue with their shit customer service ("LOL just contact steam support, we can't be asked"). If I was your friend and had bought the code only for them to say 'lol too bad' I would not let that shit slide easily.

If it was a freebie or promotion though, that's another story. I could understand if they said no in that case.

Lirlond

The weather right now is doing my head in. It was snowing not ten minutes ago and now the sun is out giving it laldy.

Rubbish King

You should post that in the GMG thread on GAF and on the GMG forums and raise a fuss about it. It looks like this isn't an isolated issue with their shit customer service ("LOL just contact steam support, we can't be asked"). If I was your friend and had bought the code only for them to say 'lol too bad' I would not let that shit slide easily.

If it was a freebie or promotion though, that's another story. I could understand if they said no in that case.

It was in a bundle, the game is worth 20 quid so i dont consider it a freebie

I sent them an email..

Dear Sir/Madam

I find myself in a rather peculiar predicament.

The other day my colleague Bob Kelso purchased the Infinite bundle for me, after doing so (and without warning) the spec ops code was removed as he already owned it.

After chasing it up he was given a code for it, which he gave to me. This code did not work and had been used already.
As this was not my fault one of your colleagues sent a 100% off voucher with no real directions to it's use and he gave it to me.

The email in question:

"Hi

We know that the second code is a brand new key, so are guessing that it is Steam that is causing the problem. However, this is not your fault so we have included a 100% voucher that you can use to purchase SOTL. The only drawback is that you wont be able to use the voucher, but give it to your friend (you already own the game and cant have 2 copies).

This is the only solution we can suggest.

Regards

Andrew"

When I entered the code I was not signed into an account as I don't have one, hence the reason I got my friend to purchase it, it worked and said that the price for the game was £0.00. It then said that I should sign in or sign u to complete the purchase. Then the voucher code came up as used whilst I am left with nothing.

After then ringing again quoting the ticket #62***, the person said that they would confirm with my friend that i was legit and not some freeloader and then send another one.

After an hour passed with still no email I rang again and one of your colleagues said they would pass the message along. Almost instantly my friend received this email

"HI

Regards
Andrew

Customer Service"

So, this is where I stand, out of pocket through no fault of my own. I rang again and your colleague told me that although it wasn't my fault that there is nothing to be done. As I was on the phone to somebody working with grumpy customers all day i felt that I didn't want to be another person shouting at him for something he didn't do.

However, I don't believe that this should be left with me stuck without the stuff I paid for. It's not my fault you gave me a duff steam code, and you didn't give me ANY instructions with what to do with the voucher code, nor was there a warning about the glitch you have on your site.

Whilst being an honest, friendly guy who doesn't like to complain, I demand some sort of compensation for my troubles, preferably the damn game that sold me on buying this deal. This has been pretty damn stressful and although I have no intentions of contacting trading standards at the moment, I will continue to pursue this until something has been done.

Your Sincerely

Thomas Lashbrooke

P.S If it is easier, feel free to ring me on "tashbrookes number"

noffles

Banned
I was playing hitman a few days ago and the missions went from the awesome sandbox hitman levels i love to fucking splinter cell conviction shoot em up a to b cod bullshit.

Gaming in a nutshell.

And yes i have done many all nighters with the bro's back in COD4

Hope still exists, it's just in limited supply now.

noffles

Banned
Yo, Hypeszsenzen.

Send me a link to Phantom Pain/MGSV/Ground Zeroes/Guns of the Phantoms stream when its up.

Peace.

Mikeside

It was in a bundle, the game is worth 20 quid so i dont consider it a freebie

I sent them an email..

It's all good until
"I DEMAND"
"...the damn game"

I would've held the demands for a follow-up email if they don't give you what you want & wouldn't have called it a "damn game" as you're just going to get their backs up

Rubbish King

It's all good until
"I DEMAND"
"...the damn game"

I would've held the demands for a follow-up email if they don't give you what you want & wouldn't have called it a "damn game" as you're just going to get their backs up

Ahh well

Im going to piss them off to the point where they'll have to get me a fucking restraining order if they dont give in

The thing is, i couldve not put that in, but ive already been quite reasonable

Jordan

Where do you live: Slough (Close enough, it's more known than where I am)
Where are you from: Slough
Occupation: Currently - Junior ICT Technician, Soon to be - System's Support Analyst
University: N/A
Favourite Sport: N/A
Political party of choice: N/A
Favourite thing on the box: How I Met Your Mother
Favourite crisp flavour: BBQ Beef Hula Hoops
Favourite biscuit: Malted Milk
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: N/A
Beano or Dandy: Beano

Mikeside

Where do you live: Slough (Close enough, it's more known than where I am)
Where are you from: Slough
Occupation: Currently - Junior ICT Technician, Soon to be - System's Support Analyst
University: N/A
Favourite Sport: N/A
Political party of choice: N/A
Favourite thing on the box: How I Met Your Mother
Favourite crisp flavour: BBQ Beef Hula Hoops
Favourite biscuit: Malted Milk

Favourite Pokemon POST 151: N/A

This dude knows what delicious is all about.

Jordan

Mind me asking how you got into this position?

Was just through an agency, they had been helping me look for a new job for around a year, and after about 4/5 interviews, this one seemed to be the best one and they hired me. Roughly £9,000 more a year as well, so a really good move for me :)

Rubbish King

Was just through an agency, they had been helping me look for a new job for around a year, and after about 4/5 interviews, this one seemed to be the best one and they hired me. Roughly £9,000 more a year as well, so a really good move for me :)

Nice man! Do you have A-levels or a vocational course? Sorry if im being intrusive, im just kinda interested in IT work :p

Jordan

Nice man! Do you have A-levels or a vocational course? Sorry if im being intrusive, im just kinda interested in IT work :p

Not a problem, I did an IT Apprenticeship scheme. My first year I got an NVQ Level 2 ICT Practitioner, then my second year I got an NVQ Level 3 ICT Practitioner. I worked in two different schools for this time, it was good experience. I stayed at the current workplace because I knew the senior technician was leaving and in my head and pretty much every member of staffs head that works there that the job was going to me. After going through the interviews, they gave the job to someone with a years more experience than me, which was a little disheartening considering I spent half a year training him, but I'm not bitter. From the day they said no, I started looking for a new job, went for an interview at Rackspace and they turned me down for not having the knowledge needed, which was fair enough - I hate interviews and was very nervous and made stupid mistakes. I just wanted to get away from the education environment, so now, I either start my new job on the 15th or 22nd.

Edit: I left school year 11 and went straight into the apprenticeship.

Rubbish King

Not a problem, I did an IT Apprenticeship scheme. My first year I got an NVQ Level 2 ICT Practitioner, then my second year I got an NVQ Level 3 ICT Practitioner. I worked in two different schools for this time, it was good experience. I stayed at the current workplace because I knew the senior technician was leaving and in my head and pretty much every member of staffs head that works there that the job was going to me. After going through the interviews, they gave the job to someone with a years more experience than me, which was a little disheartening considering I spent half a year training him, but I'm not bitter. From the day they said no, I started looking for a new job, went for an interview at Rackspace and they turned me down for not having the knowledge needed, which was fair enough - I hate interviews and was very nervous and made stupid mistakes. I just wanted to get away from the education environment, so now, I either start my new job on the 15th or 22nd.

Edit: I left school year 11 and went straight into the apprenticeship.
Gawd I wish i had done that

Thanks for the info! :)

Downloaded Bioshock Infinite on a whim since I had a bit of extra funds on PSN. Tell me it's good BritGAF! :O

The combat is even worse than 1 (how they did it i have no idea) and the supposedly super special narrative driven elizabeth chick is devolved into a healbitch/ammo dispenser.

That being said it should be called "Art assets: the video game" if you like looking at zbrush models rendered to nice environmental textures then you'll get something out of it. I do.

SteveWD40

Bit late, been in London.

Where do you live: Manchester
Where are you from: Cheshire
University: Nope
Favourite Sport: MMA
Political party of choice: Labour circa 1997
Favourite thing on the box: Sherlock
Favourite crisp flavour: Flame Grilled Steak McCoys
Favourite biscuit: Chocolate Digestive
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: wut? I am 32 so have no idea, lets say Charazoid?

Hystzen

So is Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain the same thing?

Yes ground zeroes trailer we saw was the prologue and Phantom Pain is the overall name of the game a la MGS2: Sons Of Liberty

iHCRIKPb6Rk8B.gif

noffles

Banned
Yes ground zeroes trailer we saw was the prologue and Phantom Pain is the overall name of the game a la MGS2: Sons Of Liberty

iHCRIKPb6Rk8B.gif

RIP DAVID HAYTER 1998-2013

U WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED AS A HERO AND A TRU PATRIOT WHO SACRIFICED EVERYTHING FOR HIS COUNTRY WITHOUT ANY1 KNOIN IT I WEEP A TEAR :'(

Hystzen

RIP DAVID HAYTER 1998-2013

U WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED AS A HERO AND A TRU PATRIOT WHO SACRIFICED EVERYTHING FOR HIS COUNTRY WITHOUT ANY1 KNOIN IT I WEEP A TEAR :'(

It was expected Big Boss got a new voice in MGS4 plus he could easily do Solid Snake next game the remake of MG1+2 ....i wish they got remade to finish up the whole saga

Just got home from work to hear that MGS5 got announced :D
Any juicy vids/pics?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530670 everything need know so far ignoring the in depth trailer details which are melting my mind

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
He will be back to voice Snake in Smash U to say such classic lines like "Farting!? Colonol, are you kidding me!?"

noffles

Banned
well what's interesting is bandaged man Ishamel sounds like Kiefer Sutherland also has same voice as Big Boss...who knows if Doyle will be in this for later part of game.

Sounds too serious for my liking. Bring back the cheese; bring back Hayter.

SKINNER!

Banned
At moment they using PS3 and Xbox360 logos but honestly it has no release date so when new Xbox is announced I would expect it to change to next gen title.

That makes sense. No way would they release a huge title like this at the end of a console cycle. I'll be very surprised if it doesn't end up on next gen.

MGS5 and Watchdogs to look forward to. Well, that's my plan of not getting any more consoles now thrown out of the window.

Hystzen

I already got BF4 as my launch title for PS4 dat multiplayer action and Witcher 3 next year. That's another company dragging its feet due to Microsoft not announcing next console they can't say it for that console. Also I expect GTAV will also do a PS4 release due to it not being til late this year

Hystzen

Sounds too serious for my liking. Bring back the cheese; bring back Hayter.

Nothing says serious game then flaming unicorns, Giant Whales and burning demons with horns lol.

The hospital parts are only the tutorial according to Kojima to early to count out some Doyle action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom