• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Td3w1lm.jpg

I think somebody gone fucked up...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
First shift in the new pub went well, Very different crowd though
lol You can come here bud, me and the north dont get on

Don't see why not ^_^

These arent proper plans yet anyways fam so hold your horses, just an ide atm

lol, I'll rent you a wheel chair/mobility scooter

Mike was more for Guildford as TashTown can wait and London is too expensive for poor people such as myself

Yeah I like this idea, Guildford is fairly central and not too expensive to drink in. Plus we all have to travel to get there so nobody gets an easy ride. Piss up come payday?

Morning BritGAF.

Today hasn't got off to good start, a database at work is down and Facebook has synced all contacts to my phone despite me selecting the 'only existing contacts' option.

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I prefer a slight highland breeze hitting my cheeks. This clammy bullshit is why most of the world is poor.

i just cant go on

eating a fruit lolly in an aim to cool my self down

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Kent, you better make sure it stays like that when I come up

The frost at the top of the local mountains will keep the highland air bearable. You can always stop by a small highland stream and dip your feet in if the heats that bad.

Hiking is great.

SKINNER!

Banned
where will BritGAF guys be chatting later when neoGAF dies due to Xbawx we doing something reveal similar to PS4 reveal

How about that IRC chat place that BGBW mentioned? Also, what time is the event taking place? Hoping it's not between 5pm and 6.30pm asI'll be gymming.

EDIT: Or Steam chat. That works too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I mention IRC because I'm selfish and I already have it open to talk to another GAF community. Steamchat requires me to open another window.

Is the stream online or do you have to watch it on Live? Hoping I can view it on my Wii U. ;)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Question - if I put Hot chocolate mix into a cup of tea, would I have created the best drink ever?? Just thought of it as I was eating some chocolate biccies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well this is from my point of view but

• Hot chocolate mix + milk > Hot chocolate mix + water
  • Tea = flavoured water
  • Tea and milk must always be consumed separately. Tea ruins the flavour of milk and milk ruins the flavour of tea.
So taking all these points into consideration the idea sounds bad. But there's nothing stopping you from experimenting.

Also dunking a chocolate biscuit in tea just helps to strengthen the chocolate flavour of the biscuit. Adding chocolate to the tea will result in both elements having a flavour clash.

The GF makes hot chocolate with a mix of milk and water. Like, even though it says to make it with milk, a bit of milk and hot water. Obviously, it tastes watery, but she disagrees. This is probably the cause of the biggest arguments in the house. Because she's wrong and refuses to admit it. YOU MAKE IT WITH MILK. HOT MILK.

SteveWD40

When the fuck is the Black 3DS XL going to be on sale here? showing as pre-order on amazon for an age now. I don't want Monster Hunter pre-loaded, I like my ickle cartridges :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't want Monster Hunter pre-loaded, I like my ickle cartridges :(
Kind of funny you say that when there's a bit of debate of how people will buy Animal Crossing. I'm leaning towards physical after giving it much thought. Mostly due to price.

I'll be saving roughly a tenner.

SteveWD40

I don't trust Nintendo with DD at all, they need a proper account system. They are stuck in the early 2000's when it comes to online.

Question - if I put Hot chocolate mix into a cup of tea, would I have created the best drink ever?? Just thought of it as I was eating some chocolate biccies.

Why don't you try it and let us know the results?

Well this is from my point of view but

• Hot chocolate mix + milk > Hot chocolate mix + water
  • Tea = flavoured water
  • Tea and milk must always be consumed separately. Tea ruins the flavour of milk and milk ruins the flavour of tea.
So taking all these points into consideration the idea sounds bad. But there's nothing stopping you from experimenting.

Also dunking a chocolate biscuit in tea just helps to strengthen the chocolate flavour of the biscuit. Adding chocolate to the tea will result in both elements having a flavour clash.

You are so, so wrong. A normal cup of bog standard tea should always have milk, otherwise it's ghastly. Obviously this does not apply to green, fruit, or other such speciality teas.

The GF makes hot chocolate with a mix of milk and water. Like, even though it says to make it with milk, a bit of milk and hot water. Obviously, it tastes watery, but she disagrees. This is probably the cause of the biggest arguments in the house. Because she's wrong and refuses to admit it. YOU MAKE IT WITH MILK. HOT MILK.

What about hot chocolate that is only made with hot water, ie Galaxy?

That's different, and the presence of milk powder makes it passable to use water. As for what she does, probably the same. Acceptable there, but when it comes to stuff where you should add milk? You bloody well add milk.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Black tea is the best. Someone makes you a cup and all you have to ask for is the tea. No faffing about with sugar lumps or scoops. No bringing out the measures to ensure you get the right mls of milk. Of course the trick was to start out with black tea from the beginning.

The only problem is the auto milkers. Those who have developed a bug in their behaviour and assume the default tea has milk in it.

Hystzen

When the fuck is the Black 3DS XL going to be on sale here? showing as pre-order on amazon for an age now. I don't want Monster Hunter pre-loaded, I like my ickle cartridges :(

The monster hunter pack is overpriced anyway it just a regular Black 3DS XL nothing special just buy one of them seperate and a game from Amazon. I been looking at them for past month waiting for enough money and a good bargain

Chinner

Banned
gotta agree. when it comes to tea it's gotta be black with no sugar. sugar and milk just make it taste like shit.

coffee on the other hand needs milk and sugar.

Jordan

Really can't get into coffee, have tried it so many times but just don't have the taste for it.

My tea on the other hand is milk, two sugars... I'm sorry people who disagree, this is how I like my tea. I am happy to drink without milk, but definitely needs sugar.

NinjaBoiX

When it comes to sugar in coffee, I'm not satisfied until the spoon stands straight up.

Just one really, I just love that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom