• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin.

Where do you live: Glasgow
Where are you from: Same as above
University: U wot m8
Favourite Sport: Extreme ironing
Political party of choice: They're all a bit rubbish, aren't they?
Favourite thing on the box: Dexter
Favourite crisp flavour: Cheese & onion (especially discos)
Favourite biscuit: Chocolate hobnob
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Typhlosion
Beano or Dandy: Beano, I guess

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah, nice to see some new faces & to have people like PJV posting more.

By the way, I have the week commencing 8th April off work, am planning on going down to Portsmouth to beer up with Tashbrooke, anyone else want to join?

Actually I have that week off as well, I might be up for that. How are you getting down there, train?

Okay, that first hour of Bioshock Infinite is amazing.

Hell yeah

I still feel like the bioshock series gunplay is its weakest element - is anyone else having problems with the aiming feeling off? Feels like the stick overshoots or is really stiff at times - its the only game I have this problem
With.

moka

Just realised I didn't fill one of these out.

Where do you live: Bradford
Where are you from: Bradford
University: University of Bradford
Favourite Sport: Badminton
Political party of choice: I don't know. Probably Labour.
Favourite thing on the box: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia although, that doesn't come on UK TV.
Favourite crisp flavour: Prawn cocktail
Favourite biscuit: Chocolate digestives
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Don't do Pokemon.
Beano or Dandy: Beano obviously.

Mikeside

Hell yeah

I still feel like the bioshock series gunplay is its weakest element - is anyone else having problems with the aiming feeling off? Feels like the stick overshoots or is really stiff at times - its the only game I have this problem
With.

I'm playing with kb+m, but I think the gunplay is great. It feels really responsive and immediate & I love how snappy the guns feel.

The melee and powers feel pretty great too.

I REALLY wasn't expecting to love this game, but without being too hyperbolic, it's just really well built. Love the gameplay, love the visuals, LOVE the atmosphere and the story (from what little progression I've made) seems predictable but enjoyable too.

Cool, well pencil me in then. What day are you thinking of?

I was thinking either go up Monday & spend the day, go up Monday afternoon/evening and crash on Tash's sofa or go up on Tuesday for the day.

I leave it up to your schedule, buddy.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm playing with kb+m, but I think the gunplay is great. It feels really responsive and immediate & I love how snappy the guns feel.

The melee and powers feel pretty great too.

I REALLY wasn't expecting to love this game, but without being too hyperbolic, it's just really well built. Love the gameplay, love the visuals, LOVE the atmosphere and the story (from what little progression I've made) seems predictable but enjoyable too.

I was thinking either go up Monday & spend the day, go up Monday afternoon/evening and crash on Tash's sofa or go up on Tuesday for the day.

I leave it up to your schedule, buddy.

Yeah sounds good to me. I'm not the biggest fan of sofa surfing (miss my comfy bed/warm lady/stupid cat) so my ideal would be there+back in the same day. If we set off in the morning we'd have plenty of time to get tanked up and talked out in 8 hours before finding a train to whisk us home.

btw, this PS3 - I have been paid (thank fuck) so I have money for this transaction. Are you about tomorrow maybe? But I'm around all week and so pretty flexible. We could meet to the pub for a couple of drinks, or even camp round mine and blaze it up :p

Mikeside

Yeah sounds good to me. I'm not the biggest fan of sofa surfing (miss my comfy bed/warm lady/stupid cat) so my ideal would be there+back in the same day. If we set off in the morning we'd have plenty of time to get tanked up and talked out in 8 hours before finding a train to whisk us home.

btw, this PS3 - I have been paid (thank fuck) so I have money for this transaction. Are you about tomorrow maybe? But I'm around all week and so pretty flexible. We could meet to the pub for a couple of drinks, or even camp round mine and blaze it up :p

I'm working for a bit tomorrow, but then free in the afternoon.
Yours for a cheeky blaze sounds good to me? I should have picked up by then! If not pub is cool too.

So I'll bring:
PS3, MGS4, LBP2, cables and such.

I've not actually deleted anything off of the PS3 yet, so I'll go about getting saves and shit off of it tonight.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm working for a bit tomorrow, but then free in the afternoon.
Yours for a cheeky blaze sounds good to me? I should have picked up by then! If not pub is cool too.

So I'll bring:
PS3, MGS4, LBP2, cables and such.

I've not actually deleted anything off of the PS3 yet, so I'll go about getting saves and shit off of it tonight.

Awww yeah sounds good. Hope my guy is about tomorrow as well lol.

Gonna be a good weekend :)

Reknoc

Muuuh Tescos didn't have luigi's mansion in :(((((( going to have to pop down to grainger whenever I get my lunch break.

edit: and the printer at work is broken, so i have to handwrite all these delivery notes and labels. OTL

Where do you live: Nottingham
Where are you from: Nottingham
University: N/A
Favourite Sport: Rugby league, boxing, F1, tennis
Political party of choice: Lib Dems (lol)
Favourite thing on the box: SPARTACUS
Favourite crisp flavour: prawn cocktail
Favourite biscuit: chocolate hobnob
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: wut
Beano or Dandy: 2000AD

cool more nottsgaf repping.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thank God I'm on holiday because I've eaten something that hasn't agreed with me and I'm letting off proper Eggybobs.

moka

Tash what sort of work are you looking for?

Ugh, I dunno. I've been looking for something in IT/Computing but it's pretty difficult to find one. I could do these jobs easily but they all require x amount of experience or a degree, I have neither.

May just have to get one at McDonald's. Heh.

Mikeside

Ugh, I dunno. I've been looking for something in IT/Computing but it's pretty difficult to find one. I could do these jobs easily but they all require x amount of experience or a degree, I have neither.

Make your own experience.
Get a free evaluation on VMware, build a windows server on a virtual machine, practice all kinds of different scenarios and such, just play with different technologies until you know them.

You still won't have JOB experience, but you'll know a bit about what you're doing and you'll have something to talk about at a job interview that will show you're eager, interested and able to learn

Chinner

Banned

why did you reply to a question directed to tash?

tash alt confirmed.

moka

Make your own experience.
Get a free evaluation on VMware, build a windows server on a virtual machine, practice all kinds of different scenarios and such, just play with different technologies until you know them.

You still won't have JOB experience, but you'll know a bit about what you're doing and you'll have something to talk about at a job interview that will show you're eager, interested and able to learn

I've been applying for some web design jobs and I'm a decent web designer and I have experience. I have a portfolio. But they want degrees. Dammit. :(

I mean, if I could even get to the interview stage, it'd be good.

Anyway, I'll try out VMWare.

why did you reply to a question directed to tash?

tash alt confirmed.

I figured, why not? Who's Tash anyway?

SKINNER!

Banned
Holy shit is Bioshock Infinite one atmospheric game. Played it with the lights off and I'm all like

sXQ8x7l.gif

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Tash what sort of work are you looking for?
anything and everything, aiming for industrial as it's the only real industry I have some experience in and once an agency likes you its easy to pick up contracts, they also don't give a shit about uni and stuff so I can lave when I want and come back when I want

Speaking of recruitment. I need something to do after this semester is over.
Good luck bri
I figured, why not? Who's Tash anyway?
.... who do you think.... lol

How old are you?

moka

anything and everything, aiming for industrial as it's the only real industry I have some experience in and once an agency likes you its easy to pick up contracts, they also don't give a shit about uni and stuff so I can lave when I want and come back when I want

Good luck bri

.... who do you think.... lol

How old are you?

You're Tash! I shall remember you.

19, why?

no angel

Well if you get desperate enough to consider retail the new Whiteley centre opens up in may so it may be worth canvassing all the stores that are there to see if they've got any openings. Just thought I'd suggest it!

noffles

Banned
CHEEZMO™;51795591 said:
tell me about co-codamol guys

It was strong enough to dampen the pain of impacted wisdom teeth that were painful enough to make me faint.

Also, Tesco had no Luigi. Have to go on a bus to go and get it now. :c

abunai

I should do this:

Where do you live: Glasgow
Where are you from: Born in Dublin, moved to Glasgow when I was 1. So, Glasgow really.
Occupation: Student, doing masters next year then hopefully job.
University: Strathclyde, then Glasgow next year.
Favourite Sport: F1, WRC, Tennis.
Political party of choice: uhhhhh
Favourite thing on the box: British TV? Probably Doctor Who. Globally? Arrested Development.
Favourite crisp flavour: not a big crisp eater
Favourite biscuit: oatcake? or the hovis ones
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Stantler, his face is hilarious.
Beano or Dandy: I read dandy when I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom