• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is some GTA-like shit going on in Woolwich - being covered by BBC and Sky News right now. My friend just posted this on Facebook:

"So some guy just got attacked with an axe and then run over multiple times by two guys who were then shot by the cops (apparently)... not 500m (that's 'yards' to the locals) from my work... Just another day in Woolwich"

nickcv was absolutely right in being told it's best to live north of the river.

I'll come for sure!
My bf is a gaffer as well, even if he almost never posts

Awesome, I'll add you to the list.

Woolwich isn't that bad is it?

Yes.

Darren870

You watch way to much TV :). I didn't even have cable/channels my first 3 years in London. Now I have one and its the plague.

As for Lancaster gate, that's pretty far. Have you looked at the prices over there, I reckon you probably would only get a studio for that much. Maybe a small 1Br.

Don't know if your £390 includes council tax and utilities. If not then you are looking at about £320PW for rent. Just something to keep in mind...

f0rk

I don't really care about backwards compatibility but “If you’re backwards compatible, you’re really backwards” is probably the funniest Microsoft comment yet

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I don't really care about backwards compatibility but “If you’re backwards compatible, you’re really backwards” is probably the funniest Microsoft comment yet

I do, I don't want to have 2 consoles hooked up to my TV. I don't want guests who come to my home thinking I'm a hoarding menace.

I like shit tidy

f0rk

I do, I don't want to have 2 consoles hooked up to my TV. I don't want guests who come to my home thinking I'm a hoarding menace.

I like shit tidy

People coming round would think what is this peasant Kentpaul doing still playing 360 games, dude needs to keep up with the times.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
People coming round would think what is this peasant Kentpaul doing still playing 360 games, dude needs to keep up with the times.

That won't be a problem when I'm chilling with the lads playing the new cod. I may or may not get cravings for some 360 games though.

I have a spot behind my tv i can hide the 360 anyway.

It's so much more than that.

cPvou.gif

Jordan

woah. Did I just... summon you??

Tash you're a young man, you should know who crystal castles are. Glowsticks and shit. Glitchcore and whatevs. I hear they have attractive young people who also like them but I wouldn't know, I am too old to be that cool.

I don't know who or what crystal castles are...

Edit: I just listened... I decided I want my three minutes back please.

On another note, terraria 1.2 release aimed for July!!!

8bit

Knows the Score
They're a band named after an old Atari videogame controlled with a trackball which involved bees, crystals, a bear, honey & a neat trick that made one of the levels out of the three initials at the top of the high score table.

NinjaBoiX

I like shit tidy
I'd love it, but I fully understand it's a physical impossibility due to the architecture. Or putting the 360 guts in the same box which is kind of unlikely.

Also, "hoarding menace", awesome. I'm a neat freak too, one box to rule them all sounds like heaven.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

I thought you were making it up so I had to search. Holy shit. I can only imagine MS imagined this week going so much better.

nickcv

You watch way to much TV :). I didn't even have cable/channels my first 3 years in London. Now I have one and its the plague.

As for Lancaster gate, that's pretty far. Have you looked at the prices over there, I reckon you probably would only get a studio for that much. Maybe a small 1Br.

Don't know if your £390 includes council tax and utilities. If not then you are looking at about £320PW for rent. Just something to keep in mind...

yeah i know i'd be getting a really small apartment, but no i do have 390 just for the rent.

how much are utilities and council tax exactly? i just have rough estimates

NinjaBoiX

I am truly shocked by the acts in Woolwich today, only really just heard about it - it's fucking disgusting.
I just saw it on the news, the line "he was frantically attacked with a meat cleaver" made me physically wince.

Jesus humans, what's wrong with you?

Jordan

I just saw it on the news, the line "he was frantically attacked with a meat cleaver" made me physically wince.

Jesus humans, what's wrong with you?

In front of people as well, it's just fucking wrong. Imagine if a kid had or has seen that, that's a mental scar for the rest of their lives.

Jordan

Can we just have like a 4PM-10PM TV program of Boris Johnson just telling stories all day every day? I could watch that shit for hours.

SteveWD40

I bailed out of it when that KurtRussell guy showed up, the guy is so far right he fell off the disc and landed on the giant Turtles nutsack. No such thing as civilised discourse when someone so pig headed wades in, any counter argument is dismissed with "lol liberal".

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I bailed out of it when that KurtRussell guy showed up, the guy is so far right he fell off the disc and landed on the giant Turtles nutsack. No such thing as civilised discourse when someone so pig headed wades in, any counter argument is dismissed with "lol liberal".

He really is the worst of posters. His posts are basically what you'd read on the comment section of the Sun's website. Thankfully he barely posts.

NinjaBoiX

Nicely put.

Anyway, not to derail current discussion, but it's music time, maybe lighten the mood, just have it on in the background or something.

Here's to you Coldman:

The Joy Formidable - A Heavy Abacus (live)

f0rk

CHEEZMO™;58632313 said:
He really is the worst of posters. His posts are basically what you'd read on the comment section of the Sun's website. Thankfully he barely posts.

Cheezmo I like you but in political threads your posts are just the same as "lol liberal" but from the other end of the spectrum.

SteveWD40

Cheezmo I like you but in political threads your posts are just the same as "lol liberal" but from the other end of the spectrum.

I wasn't gonna say anything, but kinda yeah, too dismissive of any argument.

This it the problem with the internet, we have all made our minds up and it's just butting heads to see who get's the last word in.

Us fence sitting centralists have the right idea, if only I could get the splinters out of my arse.

Edit: I see a mod has thrown down the gauntlet for people to check their facts before they post, I expect the thread to die pretty quickly now ;)

SmokyDave

...maybe I read Dave's post wrong, or he's implying some dark shit.
A little from column A, a little from column B.

I can't believe I allowed myself to get sucked into that thread. I've done so well to stay away from the subject for so long and now I'm going to eat a ban because I can't be arsed to drag up stats and examples that will be contested at every turn anyway. It was stupid to allow all that shit to branch off from a tragic murder.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
A little from column A, a little from column B.

I can't believe I allowed myself to get sucked into that thread. I've done so well to stay away from the subject for so long and now I'm going to eat a ban because I can't be arsed to drag up stats and examples that will be contested at every turn anyway. It was stupid to allow all that shit to branch off from a tragic murder.

I have no interest in going anywhere near that thread, but did you actually say anything ban worthy or just shit that comes across wrong but isn't bannable?

Just catching up with what happened in Woolwich. Absolutely gruesome and horrible.
They were certainly trying to send a message beheading someone in broad daylight, then hanging around for the police to confront them.

I'm guessing them being drugged up on something too isn't too far from the mark either from the descriptions of what they did.

From the footage one of the killers is a Londoner too, or at least lived here for some time.
Was it the bystander effect that made people film, or did they actually threaten nearby people to get them to film?

Edit: idiots on Facebook: 'omg how dare they receive NHS treatment! This fooking country!'
1) That isn't how we do things here (nor would any doctor worth their salt)
2) Should we just let them bleed out or something? Loose convictions, evidence, and all the rest? Urgh.

Quidam

Yeah, that Woolwich thread is one I definitely wanted to post in, and actually drafted a couple of posts for, but then decided against it. I'm not even blaming the people on the 'other side' to my viewpoint, as both sides have people that are trying to discuss it sensibly, and people that jump straight to hyperbole. For what it's worth, I find it bizarre how people have jumped on zomg's posts as some example of what an EDL member would say. I particularly liked someone warning him about the dangers of enforcement by police occurring in a racist way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom