• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

You've either thought of this too late or too early. Either way, crack on son!

Waiting for my herbal delivery man, wife's gone to bed early with a sulk on, sat here drumming my fingers. And playing KOTOR on my iPad.

Just having some really shitty thoughts, and I'm thinking it's either vodka or going to find my nearest dealer and try something new - and I'm not sure whether I'd regret that or not.

I don't actually have much vodka left, so I won't be getting pissed.

Anyone with an iDevice or Android should really check out the recent Sonic 1 port. It controls surprisingly well, and the new stuff they added to it is fantastic. You can play as Sonic, Tails, or Sonic AND Tails! I've still got Knuckles left to unlock too. Plus it looks really nice, the music is spot-on, it's in "widescreen" now (so the likelihood of running into Eggman's Deadly Speed Traps is close to zero unless you're going mentally fast) and it's only 2 quid.

Sonic 2 is on the way too, which is even more awesome.

Hasney

This is the theme I used to rock on my 3G:

134521d1227754742-release-fallout-3-pipboy-3000-theme-4-colors-img_0006.png

Anyone with an iDevice or Android should really check out the recent Sonic 1 port.

Maybe one day when I get a controller.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just having some really shitty thoughts, and I'm thinking it's either vodka or going to find my nearest dealer and try something new - and I'm not sure whether I'd regret that or not.

I don't actually have much vodka left, so I won't be getting pissed.

If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that alcohol really does't help bad thoughts. Weed on the other hand works a treat for me, usually because I forget what was troubling me and get more excited by something random on telly a bit easier. How about an angry wank and an early night? might be a bit less self-destructive. Drugs and alcohol are there to make good times better. Depends what kinda drunk you are I guess - happy or maudlin?

Jordan

If there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that alcohol really does't help bad thoughts. Weed on the other hand works a treat for me, usually because I forget what was troubling me and get more excited by something random on telly a bit easier. How about an angry wank and an early night? might be a bit less self-destructive. Drugs and alcohol are there to make good times better. Depends what kinda drunk you are I guess - happy or maudlin?

To be fair, me being drunk just makes me do stupid shit, it's quite entertaining for everybody else - I tend not to remember. I've held off from both at the moment. Early night doesn't ever help me, one of the downers I have is that I just don't sleep - I feel absolutely fucking knackered now, I have no reason why when I get into bed I shouldn't fall asleep... Yet if I was to get in to bed, I will toss and turn for hours until eventually I get bored of laying there and just get up. I'm averaging around 4-5 hours sleep a night at the moment, on some nights it's as little as 2, then doing a full day of work and then doing the same shit.

I dunno, I just sort of wish that things were back to how they were before even though it's never gonna happen. I don't feel depressed or unhappy, I just feel so unmotivated to do anything. I went out with work tonight and I had the perfect excuse to drink and have a good time - I didn't have to get my car, I live two minutes from work I could of got it in the morning but I decided against it, only had one drink and went and got my car and went home.

Edit: On a brighter note, does anyone want a free copy of Awesomenauts? First one with a .gif that makes me laugh (or anyone who is remotely interested I guess) - Steam Key.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
To be fair, me being drunk just makes me do stupid shit, it's quite entertaining for everybody else - I tend not to remember. I've held off from both at the moment. Early night doesn't ever help me, one of the downers I have is that I just don't sleep - I feel absolutely fucking knackered now, I have no reason why when I get into bed I shouldn't fall asleep... Yet if I was to get in to bed, I will toss and turn for hours until eventually I get bored of laying there and just get up. I'm averaging around 4-5 hours sleep a night at the moment, on some nights it's as little as 2, then doing a full day of work and then doing the same shit.

I dunno, I just sort of wish that things were back to how they were before even though it's never gonna happen. I don't feel depressed or unhappy, I just feel so unmotivated to do anything. I went out with work tonight and I had the perfect excuse to drink and have a good time - I didn't have to get my car, I live two minutes from work I could of got it in the morning but I decided against it, only had one drink and went and got my car and went home.

Edit: On a brighter note, does anyone want a free copy of Awesomenauts? First one with a .gif that makes me laugh (or anyone who is remotely interested I guess) - Steam Key.
Me! At work can't talk yet

SteveWD40

Wouldnt say no, here is a gif

jxBfp.gif

SKINNER!

Banned
Watched Wreck-it Ralph with some friends and randomly laughed out loud during a sad part after I remembered that post on Britgaf about taking a date to see the film and then creepily whisper "I'm gonna wreck it" in her ear as the credits start rolling. Retold the joke and they laughed too.

NinjaBoiX

Just about finished with Bioshock Infinite. I'll be honest, this last battle is really pissing me off now. I've failed three times, after 10-15 minutes of prpgress. Goddamn end game!

The art and story and whatever have been great, but I'm still not a fan of the gameplay to be honest. Fucking bullet sponge enemies in an FPS is a big no-no in my book.

"Booker, Patriots!"

ceI6Xkf.gif

Meh, it's fantastic in a lot of respects, but I wouldn't say I particularly enjoy it as a shooter. Hopefully the big twist will pull my opinion round, but right now, I'm not sold on it as a fun game.

Watched Wreck-it Ralph with some friends and randomly laughed out loud during a sad part after I remembered that post on Britgaf about taking a date to see the film and then creepily whisper "I'm gonna wreck it" in her ear as the credits start rolling. Retold the joke and they laughed too.

Sorry. :lol

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
which protest?

Some bedroom tax thing. I think it was organised by the Trots. I knew I shouldn't have signed their petition.

Anyway it'll be nice to get out and by a stroke of luck, someone I know is attending too. Might have a shop about afterwards and finally try find some boots.

Ordered Indian, it turned up without the popadoms. Phoned to complain, they said they couldn't do anything as they're now closed, didn't offer a refund or anything.

Will not be ordering from them again and will be giving a bad review.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Ordered Indian, it turned up without the popadoms. Phoned to complain, they said they couldn't do anything as they're now closed, didn't offer a refund or anything.

we should all give them a bad review

who was it

Give me your steams everyone.

Musha: Good, that place deserve no business.
Those monsters.

I love the chinese place I'm neighbouring. Sure, don't get any free stuff, but I've never had a problem with them.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just saw someone I vaguely know on facebook who I think has a disintegrating marriage post "4 years of my life I have devoted to absolutely nothing but bullshit and lies !!! RIP"

Kinda wanna 'like' it to be an arse.

edit: oo someone's just asked him what's going on. I hope he's pissed off and judgement impaired enough to post about it publicly. I'm grabbing some snax

Chinner

Banned
Just saw someone I vaguely know on facebook who I think has a disintegrating marriage post "4 years of my life I have devoted to absolutely nothing but bullshit and lies !!! RIP"

Kinda wanna 'like' it to be an arse.

edit: oo someone's just asked him what's going on. I hope he's pissed off and judgement impaired enough to post about it publicly. I'm grabbing some snax
keep me informed, this sounds gossip worthy

The break will have done him some good, and I have a hunch that having to play off of plot advancements made by others will bring out some neat ideas. The tighter episode count should help too.

Season 4 was fucking dire, so I'm glad to see a reason to return.

SKINNER!

Banned

Whatever happened to customer satisfation/loyalty? Would it have killed them to apologise and at least offer a part refund for the missing popadom or at least a free curry on your next order? Fuck sake. Never go back.

Give me your steams everyone.

Channelling my inner BGBW: There's a BritGAF Steam group on the front page. All of our usernames should be in there.

tdrBo.gif

S4 was ok but forgettable. Looking forward to new Community now. I don't understand the Jason Alexander reference though. Was he forced into the show by Sony in S4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom