• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, long time no see. Going back to uni this weekend to work, considering taking my laptop literally just to use GAF!

You not got any smart device or anything? I wouldn't bother if you have to lug a laptop all the way there, especially if you're supposed to be doing work :p

Wow, what a glorious day in Bristol. Looks like summer might've finally begun.

0yXmlTNl.jpg

NinjaBoiX

That pic amuses me.

A beautiful robin contrasted with a greasy Greggs bag, lol.

It turned it's beak up at your offer of a bit of pasty didn't it?

That pic amuses me.

A beautiful robin contrasted with a greasy Greggs bag, lol.

It turned it's beak up at your offer of a bit of pasty didn't it?

Almost all of my photos have a greasy Greggs bag in them, but usually I crop it out ;-P

And that robin was well hovering around hoping for a crumb of my steak bake. Better luck next time, pal.

NinjaBoiX

Yea probably, though I'm sure it'll go lower soon enough.

I thought it was rather pants to be honest. But if you're after a chinese knockoff Uncharted you could probably do a lot worse.
It's actually better than Uncharted in a lot of respects, sound design (bar VA), smoother controls, better puzzles, stronger technically (I think TR is staggeringly impressive), more open environments. But it's certainly doesn't have the same charm.

It's probably not as enjoyable overall, but it's a better game. If that makes sense.

Reknoc

It's actually better than Uncharted in a lot of respects, sound design (bar VA), smoother controls, better puzzles, stronger technically (I think TR is staggeringly impressive), more open environments. But it's certainly doesn't have the same charm.

It's probably not as enjoyable overall, but it's a better game. If that makes sense.

Yea but anything it does well is wasted. Large areas are used as nothing more than places to put their million collectibles, and it's solid shooting is wasted on really dull encounters which is just "lets throw waves of dudes at you". The puzzles are awful, yeah probably better than Uncharted but it's clear puzzles in Uncharted was never anything more than National Treasuresq while Tomb Raider once was a franchise that thrived on its puzzles. Yet my biggest problem with the game is that it's so far up it's own arse it can't see how shit the writing and cutscenes are.

It's certainly pretty though.

unrelated edit: having to play through campaign mode to unlock all of raid mode in resident evil revelations HD is a paaaaaaaaaaaaain, I've already done this once and all I want to do is play raid mode in HD.

The cast and story in Tomb Raider look cliched as fuck

I don't care what else it does better, the cinematic cover-based third-person shooter is so generic a gameplay choice at this point that your character wrappings better be entertaining as all hell, and Uncharted seems to hold all the cards in that regard

Reknoc

The cast and story in Tomb Raider look cliched as fuck

I don't care what else it does better, the cinematic cover-based third-person shooter is so generic a gameplay choice at this point that your character wrappings better be entertaining as all hell, and Uncharted seems to hold all the cards in that regard

Pretty much. It's also so heavy handed that it ends up feeling like a slapstick comedy. Much like the Beauty and the Beast Corps. in MGS4.

8bit

Knows the Score
Yea but anything it does well is wasted. Large areas are used as nothing more than places to put their million collectibles, and it's solid shooting is wasted on really dull encounters which is just "lets throw waves of dudes at you". The puzzles are awful, yeah probably better than Uncharted but it's clear puzzles in Uncharted was never anything more than National Treasuresq while Tomb Raider once was a franchise that thrived on its puzzles. Yet my biggest problem with the game is that it's so far up it's own arse it can't see how shit the writing and cutscenes are.

It's certainly pretty though.

unrelated edit: having to play through campaign mode to unlock all of raid mode in resident evil revelations HD is a paaaaaaaaaaaaain, I've already done this once and all I want to do is play raid mode in HD.

Is Revelations good? Bearing in mind I couldn't stand more than about 10 minutes of RE6.

Oh, and the Tomb Raider puzzle tombs are really disappointing. You only need to figure out 1 or 2 jumps in sequence and you're done, not like the old games.

Reknoc

Is Revelations good? Bearing in mind I couldn't stand more than about 10 minutes of RE6.

Oh, and the Tomb Raider puzzle tombs are really disappointing. You only need to figure out 1 or 2 jumps in sequence and you're done, not like the old games.

I loved the 3DS version, I think it did a really good job of bringing modern Resi to handheld. It's not the amazing return to form some people like to class it as but for the most part it's just as good as the lost in nightmare dlc from 5. The biggest draw for me is Raid Mode though, which is kind of like Resident Evil meets Phantasy Star Online.

PC version so far is alright, looks decent for what it is but the aiming is pretty wonky. I think I had less trouble aiming in the 3DS version lol

Hasney

Playing some RE:R tomorrow probably since I just got a sweet deal on it for £9 on the PC. Looking forward to it from what I've heard about it.

No-one mentioned Raid Mode to me before but I want to play that as well now.

no angel

I can tell summer's here, look at what some bloody seagull did to my car at work. Fuck knows what it'd been eating but it damn well didn't agree with him.
6A2BA898-8E9D-4599-AE00-8FAFFCE7A4B8-7217-000003CAAFC79E4C.jpg

SKINNER!

Banned
Jesus no angel! That looks like a systematic, coordinated air strike! Did you accidentally run over a seagull recently?

EDIT: I once got pooped on by a seagull while walking down the beach at Weymouth. Literally felt like I got shot in the upper chest...not that I get shot at with real bullets but still...it was painful.

In (not so) related news, I finished new Arrested Development and managed to find a way into the US version of Netflix...

Tf6WeFw.gif

I'm watching Initial D tonight.

f0rk

In (not so) related news, I finished new Arrested Development and managed to find a way into the US version of Netflix...

Tf6WeFw.gif

I'm watching Initial D tonight.

I've started watching the original House of Cards, we liked putting the camera right in peoples faces in 1990 apparently

Jordan

So, tonight is a very interesting night.

I have:
- Vodka
- Coke
- Red Bull
- Skype with 3 others
- EVE Online

The vodka drinking has been going on for 2 hours, the EVE has been going for about 7 hours...

no angel

Jesus no angel! That looks like a systematic, coordinated air strike! Did you accidentally run over a seagull recently?

EDIT: I once got pooped on by a seagull while walking down the beach at Weymouth. Literally felt like I got shot in the upper chest...not that I get shot at with real bullets but still...it was painful.
The most galling part was the fact that none of the cars parked next to me had been touched, the bird had pebbledashed mine and only mine with pinpoint accuracy.

If I catch him he's a dead bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom