• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

Lirlond

An hour to put up a two man tent? It takes like 15 minutes to set up an 8 man. A 2 man should be however long it takes to put the poles together.

Yeah, I've been missing it. It should be
Edmure and Cersei's weddings
, right? I usually forget tons of what happened in the week between, let alone a fortnight... some re-watching might be needed.

1200, so a tenner or there abouts.

See, that's good for me. If the game runs on my machine (I'll be surprised if it doesn't), I'll gladly throw them a tenner to play as Rocket.

f0rk

Yeah, I've been missing it. It should be
Edmure and Cersei's weddings
, right? I usually forget tons of what happened in the week between, let alone a fortnight... some re-watching might be needed.

Yeah I'm looking forward to them getting these dumb weddings behind them so the real shit can start happening

Yeah I'm looking forward to them getting these dumb weddings behind them so the real shit can start happening

I thought Tyrion's was pretty good. Or at least him getting pissed was.

Edmure's
should be good, seeing as Clegane is paying him a visit.

SKINNER!

Banned
An hour to put up a two man tent? It takes like 15 minutes to set up an 8 man. A 2 man should be however long it takes to put the poles together.

Here's the tent I'm on about:

bkKFtTL.jpg

[not my image btw]

Yeah, once you get the poles fitted together, put through the flysheet and then get it arched up its plain sailing after that with the inner tent but I tried arching the poles on my own and it didn't work. Instructions are absolute bollocks. Had to get the neighbour to give us a hand with holding the poles up on the other end while I sorted it out. Sturdy tent once its up mind you. Survived overnight heavy rain in Germany. Still strange considering I had no problems putting up a traditional tent during my scouts days. Lay sheet, put pegs in, pitch tent pole in the middle. Boom, Bang, done! Bah, maybe I'm too old for this sophisticated dome tent shit.

http://direct.asda.com/Ozark-Trail-2-Person-Tent/000946922,default,pd.html

took me 5 mins set up and it great tent, no leaks either last year with heavy rain it was fine

Might as well go for this then. Seems almost identical to the one I have in terms of size and probably a lot less hassle to set up. Cheers :)

Reknoc

See, that's good for me. If the game runs on my machine (I'll be surprised if it doesn't), I'll gladly throw them a tenner to play as Rocket.

I got $30 to spend in game with the pack as well so I picked up Rocket Raccoon and Black Widow. I don't read much (or any really) Marvel so I doubt I'd ever spend any more to get characters since I already have Spider-man, Wolverine and Punisher. Maybe if Nightcrawler and Gambit become available.

Morning BritGAF, I hope everyone is well on this sunny morning.

One of my hearing aids has died and I'm going away next week so I'm frantically trying to get a hospital appointment.

Edit: Earliest appointment is Friday, FML.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
My goddddddd, so damn tired this morning. Another few weeks of rolling this boulder up the hill before the endless freefall of nothingness that is the summer holidays. I don't know what's worse!

Bring it.

NinjaBoiX

My goddddddd, so damn tired this morning. Another few weeks of rolling this boulder up the hill before the endless freefall of nothingness that is the summer holidays. I don't know what's worse!

Bring it.
Haha, it takes a special kind of cynic to describe the summer holidays as an "endless freefall of nothingness".

Cheer up Jed, the finish line is in sight pal!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Haha, it takes a special kind of cynic to describe the summer holidays as an "endless freefall of nothingness".

Cheer up Jed, the finish line is in sight pal!

No it really is, I don't get summer off so I have to come to work for two months and NOTHING HAPPENS. Like, actually nothing. Like, last year I completed Earthbound and FF6 here at my desk.

NinjaBoiX

No it really is, I don't get summer off so I have to come to work for two months and NOTHING HAPPENS. Like, actually nothing. Like, last year I completed Earthbound and FF6 here at my desk.
Oh.

See I thought you were calling BBQ's, bike rides and trips to the beach an "endless freefall of nothingness", but yeah, that does actually sound pretty awful!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
that makes it sound p.good

It would be better if I was at home in my pants getting up at 11 am and going out into the garden for some sun. Getting up at 630 and wearing a suit to go to an office with nobody in it for a net gain of zero gets a bit old.

I don't want to push it with my bosses unless they decide "yes you can have summer off, but we're reducing your salary by 1/6th to match it. Plus I get lunches for free which saves a lot of money over a month...

Hasney

My work is pretty similar, except not just summer, all the time. I ask for more work to do, but none is forthcoming and I really don't want to push it in case someone sees that we're clearly overresourced.

Reknoc

It would be better if I was at home in my pants getting up at 11 am and going out into the garden for some sun. Getting up at 630 and wearing a suit to go to an office with nobody in it for a net gain of zero gets a bit old.

I don't want to push it with my bosses unless they decide "yes you can have summer off, but we're reducing your salary by 1/6th to match it. Plus I get lunches for free which saves a lot of money over a month...

Well yea time off would be better, though I think 2 months off would kill me when I had to go back.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
So fucking tired right now you guise

I dreamt that me and musha swapped accounts for a day and absolute mayhem ensued

(that was quite a small part of the dream, but it was the GAF related bit)

Morning BritGAF, I hope everyone is well on this sunny morning.

One of my hearing aids has died and I'm going away next week so I'm frantically trying to get a hospital appointment.

Edit: Earliest appointment is Friday, FML.

Morning Spacker. That sucks, can you get by on just the one till then?

Notts girl came back from vacation early to see me and rocked my neck yesterday. Fucker bites hard. xD

I'm happy for you dude.

Get a tetinous.

I dreamt that me and musha swapped accounts for a day and absolute mayhem ensued

I should be worried that Tash is dreaming about me right?

It turns out I have a chest infection.

Time to sick down some steroids and lie down on the couch, watching daytime TV.

Boo, feel better soon dude

Tashbrooke said:

cmon_son.jpg

That was literally my face when it happened. I was like... owww, wait... I kinda like this a lot. :O
I'm happy for you dude.

Get a tetinous.
Danke! :)

I'm gonna come out pretty fucked when she comes over to mine on Saturday (especially since she's bringing her crazy kit), so that's probably a good idea, haha.

What did you do to him over the weekend? :p

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I had a dream that it was everyone from the bbq and we were exploring London and none of us knew where anything was and that lady was evil and kept stealing my jumper
Then we switched accounts and I posted normally and forgot i was signed in to yours and you posted on mine and coldman was like

dats blates tash posting on mushas account, then I was rushing around trying to cover it up, but then I woke up
We should also be worried that this has probably been his 15th Britgaf-related dream.

Mmm....it's kinda scary.

Isn't it normal to dream of the stuff you were looking at before you go to bed?

Hystzen

What did you do Hystzen? I won't tell anyone!

just during the Game Of thrones thread last night , book readers where being hunted and like I sometimes do in thread answer questions by people asked unfortunately it semi compared it to book which is bannable. Guy below me did same got banned so I thought I PM'ed the person himself who delt the ban Bish to lower my sentence...turns out damn lucky it seems after reading answer this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom